The FSEngine is a 2D top-down game engine, targetted at those who want to make powerful and complex games easily.
The FSEngine is an open-source super fast 2D game engine wrote in Java and LWJGL 3. It contains a proper GUI system, an easy renderer library and even a bloody map parser. It prizes itself as a faster and modern version of Slick2D, even competing with libGDX.
Seeing as it's in Java it's relatively easy to set up, download the following:
- Once you have all downloaded put then in a folder, extract the LWJGL zip, putting the natives in as well as the jars.
- In eclipse right click on your project and select "properties" then go to "Java build path".
- Click "add external jars" under the build Libraries tab.
- Find your jars, all of them and add them.
- Expand the LWJGL.jar entry and double click on the "Native libraries" tab.
- Find to where you extracted your natives for LWJGL 3.
- Too see if it works run the "FSTest" file in eclipse.
It was just me, LCMW_Spud