My first demo of the mod, hopefully its free of minidumps. Includes GTA and Vasudan factions with ships, sounds, abilities. Vasari and Advent are still selectable but they are not balanced towards GTD and GVI ships consider this when you start a game with random ai's.
List of current features:
- GTA and GVI Ships and fighters/bombers
- Original Ship-Stats from Hard-light.net, with some exception for game limitations and balancing (speed), however the position of each weapon on the ship is not always clearly described so I took some freedom of choice.
- Freespace Soundeffects and Voices (Which is one of the best Features I think)
- Each weapon is of a certain type which counters a certain type of armor, so if you see the weapon types on the ship you will know, what it is good for.
- Jump Capability within the system for all ships, small ones just jump to their current target or ordered position, capital ships can precisely jump and will keep the direction they were pointing before the jump (use that J)
- Fighter wings of different roles: Fast Interceptors, Heavy Fighters, Faster Bombers, Heavy Bombers (balancing not finished yet) each with pros and cons. Some only cons (in my opinion) as I just took the original Freespace Stats and some fighters were just crap.
- The scoutship can leave a navbuoy wherever it is, which functions a a phasegate and is cloaked.
- The game is very slow paced (the perfect solution for ship speed is not yet found), because jump is useless if all ships will get everywhere in no time. So use jump and navbuoys often!