This mod aims to reward non-linear exploration. The main motivation becomes making a profit and finding the ways of making the most money.
Freestate Mod 1.0
Author: Proton (AKA Doug Wolanick)
Teseted on: STALKER 1.0001
This mod aims to reward non-linear exploration. The main motivation becomes making a profit and finding the ways of making the most money. Weapons, ammo & armor are primarily acquired by purchasing them as opposed to taking them off of corpses. The artifact system has been replaced with a skill training system based on money.
Unzip to C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, overwrite fsgame.ltx and play!
Simply delete the following folder:
Note: Savegames you create when playing the mod will likely not work after uninstalling it.
- All stashes start out populated with treasure (Game re-start required for this feature)
- Higher percentage of profitable artifacts in stashes
- Stashes do not display on the map so you actually have to search for them
- Dropped enemy weapons have between 25%-40% condition (discouraging use)
- Enemies drop 50% less ammo (encouraging you to buy ammo)
- Traders sell all weapons, ammo & armor all the time
- Based on Trader Mod v1.1
- Prices balanced, traders may sell/buy at different prices
- No time limits on side quests
- Monetary reward for side quest is displayed when talking to a mission agent
- Monetary reward doubled for all quests. A few have special 10x reward bonus.
- Ability to repair weapons and armor
- Based on Sid's Repair Shop mod v.1 (Thanks to: Kyodan, MoDD, Shebuka, and NoSf3rAtU)
- Repair costs are now proportional to damage of equipment (no longer strictly half the price)
- The trader tells you the prices of each option before you buy
- All 3 traders and Screw (The repair guy in freedom base) can do repairs (at various profit margins)
- The equipment repair question appears in the first dialog section instead of under a sub-section
- Artifacts have no effect on you at all when you attach them to your belt, they are only for profit
- Skills are available to be trained at the freedom and duty base
- There are 5 skills, each with 5 levels. They get increasingly more expensive to learn
- Custom skill icons per skill per level
- Thanks to niphty for his forum thread on how to change effect values correctly
- All armor protective effects reduced by 50% to make skills required for effective protection (If you want full protection you need the best armor and fully upgraded skills)
- All special edition versions of the armor have double capacity and the good nightvision (but cost 25% more)
- Tourist armor has 400 capacity with 100 overflow ability, but offers zero protection (weapon salvager anyone?) (NOTE: It will only display max 150, but you can carry more)
- Skill effects per level shown in skill desription when purchasing
- You can walk to the bar without having the suitcase
- Less rain during the day, more sunlight
- You need to start a new game for the stashes to populate.
- Made to be played on Master difficulty
- I recommend you head to the duty or freedom base ASAP to buy some skills, you don't need to do storyline missions to get to the bar
- Balance the economy as best a central planner can (which doesn't promise much)
- Check if I can localize a total/remaining artifact count to the area you are currently in
- Secret 1 - Another way of making money (Likely requires SDK)