Francesco's Leveled Creatures.
Tired that nearly all creatures level up with you? Bored that at level 25 all bandits of the world are god-like ones with daedric equipment? Than this mod is for you.
I think that the game has to be challenging but that not every fight has to be an epic one. This mod aims to create a more realistic and enjoyable experience, it will not make the game easier, just more credible (actually it can make it harder depending on the parts you decide to install)
This mod changes nearly all creatures lists to make only a part of them leveling up with you. Even if you will still find very strong stuff at high levels you will often (for example) find normal skeletons and zombies in dungeons, wolves and rats in the wilderness and so on.. not every bandit will level up with you but some of them will stop at about level 10-20.. I also changed most leveled items lists, in the vanilla game at say level 20 you used to find only high level armors and weapons and low-mid stuff nearly disappeared from the game, now it will be much harder to find high lev equipment, and low-mid lev one will still be common at high levs (you can also decide between two loot types.. the normal one and an hardcore version built for those that want high lev equipment to be super rare)
One of the strenghts of this mod is it's modular nature.. every part of the mod is optional and you are able to customize it to your taste during the installation.
The optional parts cover many things like guards (in the original game all guards used to keep leveling up with you, so no matter how strong you were they were always a bit stronger than you. Using this part of the mod, while some guards still level up with you, many of them will stop at about levels 15-25. Stronger guards will usually defend more important places/people), weapons/armors vendors (in the vanilla game you used to find chainmail/dwarven mithril/orcish armors and weapons in creatures/npcs loot before seeing their apparence in shops, this made armor/weapons shops nearly useless after reaching level 6-7, now you will find those stuff in shops many levels before but at increased prices), bosses (a small chance to find stronger bosses with names and personalized combat styles and loot), more enemies (more creatures/npcs in dungeons, aviable in two variants.. a normal one and an hardcore variant for those who seek very big fights) houses/dungeons chests (improved loot, more interesting and diverse and often more rewarding but still balanced), quests (tweaked main and guilds quests to make late quests harder for unexperienced characters, forcing to level up so you can't become master of the fighters guild at lev 8), arena (later fights will be much harder for weak chars so you can't win it with a low lev character) and much much more (read the full readme for a complete list with detailed info).
There also an items add-on which adds a ton of new top quality user made weapons and armors to my loot lists and a creatures add-on adding many quality user made creatures to spawn lists.
Plese read the full readme for complete descriptions with many examples of all the parts of the mod
The mod is now splitted into 2 files.. the main file.. which installs everything needed to run the mod.. and an add-on file.. which adds new user made weapons/armors and creatures to the mod (more info can be found in the readme) Keep in mind that you have to download and install both files if you want to use those new items/creatures.
- Fixed NPCs/Creauteres without weapons issue.
- Added a small chance to every locked dungeon chest to be trapped.. the strenght of the trap is tied to the difficulty of the lock, the trap can be disarmed with a good security skill (and a bit of luck), added a small chance to every dungeon chest (NPCs themed dungeons only) to be locked and trapped with a "guardian" near the chest holding the key to open it, the difficulty of the guardian is random.. the higher his strenght.. the bigger the loot inside the chest (Dungeons Chests Loot plug-in, can be disabled with the in game menu togeter with the randomize locks code)
Changes to the creatures add-on:
- 3 new creatures
- Fixed invisible Greater Werewolf issue
- Tweaked Goat combat style.. it will now power attack more often
- Added new ingredients to a few of the new animals/creatures
- Reworked Chance of Stronger Enemies plug-in, the spawn chance of stronger creatures/animals has been rised quite a lot, expecially at lower levels, this wll give the world a more static feeling.
- Increased regional difficulty differences.. some regions will now be noticiably more dangerous than others (chance of stronger enemies plug-in)
- Added a few new unique NPCs to the Chance of Stronger Enemies/Bosses optional plug-ins
- The Dungeons Chests Loot optional plug-in now also randomizes a bit more chests locks.. making them lesser based on palyer level, chests with harder locks usually have better loot (randomize locks can be disabled with the in-game customizing menu)
- The Leveled Guards optional plug-in now also adds more patrols along the roads.. these can be made up of a single guard or even of a small group of 2-3 guards.
- Fixed crashes in particular quest dungeons if using Leveled Quests
- Slighty raised the chance to spawn two creatures/animals instead of one in the wilderness,
- The More Wilderness Life plug-in raises the chance to spawn two creatures/animals instead of one in the wilderness even further, raising also a little the chance to spawn creatures/animals along roads
- Rats are not as common as before in the wilderness
Changes to the creatures add-on:
- Dozens of new creatures and new creatures variants (check the readme below for the full list)
- Wolves are now more likely to attack passive creatures (deers, sheeps and horses)
- Tweaked factions relationships for sligthy more factions fights.
- The seducer now checks if the player has been detected before transforming.
- Improved textures for Dire Bears, Ancient Imps, Glass Golems and Leopards.
- Nightmares now only spawn in outdoors.
- Fixed Werewolves playing heavy armor sound while walking issue.
- Added German translation for a couple of creatures that were missing translation in 4.1
Changes to the items add-on:
- Fixed no icon issue of a few items if using medium or small textures sizes
- Fixed 0 price issue if using LE in particular circumstances
- Fixed weight for magical iron bartons
- Colored backgroud of particular icons replaced with default transparent one
- Slighty reduced horns size for the horned full helm