The mod made by The Lopez provides the ability to make some leaders more historically accurate.
Favorite Religion v0.2
Patch Compatibility: v1.61
MP Compatible: ?
This mod provides the ability to make some leaders more historically accurate
by helping the AI to pick a particular leader's state religion. This way
Saladin can be hinted to pick Islam as his state religion and Christianity as
Isabella's state religion.
1) Unzip this into the "civ4_install_folderMods" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = ModsFavorite Religion
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.
- Most leaders have been given a favorite religion, the are:
Elizabeth I: Christianity
Frederick II: Christianity
Genghis Khan: Taoism
George Washington: Christianity
Huayna Capac: [NONE]
Kublai Khan: Buddhism
Louis XIV: Christianity
Mansa Musa: Islam
Mao Zedong: Buddhism
Qin Shi: Taoism
-----Notes to Modmakers-----
If you want to use the Favorite Religion in your mod I have tried to make
things as easy as possible for you. In the XML files I have added
and in all of
the places that I have made changes to the original files.
In the SDK files I have added // < Favorite Religion Start > and
// < Favorite Religion End > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.
In the Python files I have added # < Favorite Religion Start > and
# < Favorite Religion End > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.
In order to provide hints to the AI of what a leaders favorite religion is new
tags similar to the favorite civic tags have been added.
Last, several new methods have been exposed to the python layer in the
CvLeaderHeadInfo class in order to allow getting and setting the favorite
religion variables they are:
void setFavoriteReligion(int iNewValue)
void setFavoriteReligionAttitudeChange(int iNewValue)
void setFavoriteReligionAttitudeDivisor(int iNewValue)
void setFavoriteReligionAttitudeChangeLimit(int iNewValue)
- Added the missing text tags:
Reported by Mexico.
- Moved the favorite religion trade code from the AI_civicTrade method to the
AI_religionTrade method since it was in the wrong place. Reported by Mexico.
- Added the missing DENIAL_FAVORITE_RELIGION entry in the CIV4BasicInfos.xml
file. Reported by Mexico.
- Setup the Favorite Religion Mod infrastructure
- Added the ,
tags including the underlying code support in the SDK.
- Exposed several methods to the python layer through the SDK to allow setting
the new favorite religion variables.
- Updated the CvPediaLeader.py file to display leaders favorite religions.
-----===Credits & Thanks===-----
Composite Mod - readme.txt format
For inspiring me to develop this mod.