Demo installer for Evochron Legacy version 1.0418...
Changelog for 1.0418:
- Station attack alerts in multiplayer now include name of attacking player in message log.
- Dedicated contract objectives added for terrain walkers (survey, plant sample, and lost item recovery).
- 3D item description icon for terrain walker now constructed from modules in memory for optimal loading performance.
- Server programs updated to display station attack alerts in message log (including new addition of the name of attacking player).
- Smoothing now standard across all texture detail modes for softer light reflections and higher detail appearance.
- Particle cannon weapon range and damage level tapering updated to align better with indicated MDTS range value.
- Scenarios that could result in parts of a nebula cloud or planet ring being left behind during training fixed.
- Radar display mode 1 horizon plane separated from base texture image and is now a fully 3D rendered surface.
- Energy score displayed in shipyard now includes higher base capacitor level for military ships in value.
- Target MFD detail mode ship orientation tracking indicator also updated to render as a full 3D surface.
- HUD target direction indicators updated in VR to remain locked to a fixed orientation (player request).
- Issue that could cause faction ID mismatches in cooperative delivery contract in multiplayer fixed.
- Default VR depth scaling and head movement scaling adjusted based on player feedback (see notes).
- Collision system added to plant structures, including potential damage for higher speed impacts.
- Pitch ladder depth reduced to better align with gunsight depth and render ahead of lens flares.
- Compass cylinder 3D position updated to better align with menu frame in experimental VR mode.
- Waypoint placement updated to better account for potential planetary defense ring conditions.
- 25% pay bonus notification line moved to below contract pay line to avoid overlapping.
- 25% pay bonus notification added to relevant planet side missions in war zones.
- Radar range and mode controls enabled for terrain walkers.
- New mesh structure and texture for terrain walker cockpit.
- New mesh structure and texture for jump gate object.
The server programs will now display attack alerts in the message log. The name of the attacking player will also be displayed (and recorded in the server message log). When an alert is logged, it will display the sector location of the attack, the faction of the attacking player in brackets, the name of the attacking player, and finally the faction of the module being attacked in parenthesis.
For radar display mode 1 and target orientation indicator, the new horizon plane 3D surface also has a new additional dedicated index for its texture. The filename is 'ccpitblue1c.png' and details are included in the customizing kit. The horizon plane has been made into a full 3D rendered surface to better align with the 3D sphere in the experimental VR mode.
The new default values for the experimental VR system are 3.4 for 'EyeDistanc', 3.4 for 'HeadMScale', and 0.4 for 'VRUIScale'. So if you want to adjust those further, simply make changes to any vrsetup.txt file you may have in place. And if you want to restore the original values for any reason, they are 1.0, 1.0, and 0.5 respectively.
Particle cannons now have an increase of at least about 80 meters to their range. This helps them better align with their indicated MDTS locking ranges. Some custom weapons may have over an 80 meter increase, depending on their previous MDTS locking range values. So overall, particle cannons can now shoot a little farther and should better line up with their locking ranges. They can also now shoot a little past their MDTS locking distance, but not by much and their damage effectiveness can deplete when over the MDTS limit.
Since smoothing is now standard across all texture detail modes, the 'High + Smoothing' option has been removed from the Options menu. More objects in the game now also have smoothing applied for a more unified appearance between various structures in the game. A new 'Surface Smoothing' option has been added to the texture detail menu that will still allow you to turn smoothing on or off as may be desired.