Hotfix release patch for Europa Barbarorum v2.1. EB is a total conversion for Medieval Total War 2.
1) If you are a Steam user, and your M2TW is in Program Files or Program Files (x86) you need to move your game, or reinstall it outside of that folder. This isn't negotiable, you will not be able to patch or otherwise modify your EBII if the game is installed there. The official instructions on how to move a game are here.
2) If you are not a Steam user, but you have M2TW installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) you need to move your game, or reinstall it outside of that folder. For exactly the same reasons as above.
Optional: Re-install M2TW. Then start a campaign to make sure it's all still working. If you have other mods active, you won't want to do this, but it will likely result in a cleaner experience.
1. Download the EBII installer using one of the provided download links.
2. Uninstall the previous version of EBII (there's a shortcut for it in your start menu).
3. The downloaded file is a zip archive, which means you need to unpack the installer files from the zip file. Windows Explorer should allow you to simply copy the contents out. If not, you can download 7-zip for the purpose.
4. Run EBII.exe.
5. Step through the install wizard. Make sure the installer is pointed at your M2TW directory - you may need to change it from the default if it is pointing at Program Files.
6. Wait for the installer to copy all the files.
7. If you have never run M2TW vanilla after installing it, run that now. Start a campaign, then quit.
8. Run the mod using the shortcut placed in your start menu or desktop. Start a campaign, then quit.
9. Make sure your error log is working properly so you can properly report any issues. Go into [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\EBII.cfg and make sure under [log] it says:
to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt <br />level = * trace
This means the log will be stored as eb.system.log.txt in [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\logs\ - we will need this log any time you report an error. No log, no resolution, for the most part.
Report your errors in the EB Bug Reports and Technical Help forum, not in this thread.
1. Download the patch and apply. Note that the first time you run a campaign (or start a custom battle) it will take anywhere up to 5-10 minutes - it has not frozen. Be patient, let it finish.
2. If you interrupt the first campaign, you will break the map. Re-patch, start a new game again, and WAIT. It only has to do this once.
Currently, we have only torrents of the files, but hope to add more options soon. The links are here - remember you need both files