Adds new Active Skill feature, fixes numerous bugs.
Overwrite old version of Doomzone with new.
* Switched up some sounds for the M66.
* Changed complete sound set for LS57.
* Updated reload sound for Riot Shotgun.
* Changed reload sound set for M224-A1/A2.
* Adjusted M224-A1/A2 recoil frames.
* Default player soundset has been assigned to UAC Elite.
* Updated key placement on HUD.
* Lava Nailgun no longer spawns on Rocket Launcher spots.
* Interpolated Axe frames.
* Pointman now starts with the LS57-P.
* Demolition now starts with the StA-18SE Pistol.
* Support now starts with the M82SE.
* Support's weapon loadout has shuffled a bit. M82SE/LAR have shifted to slot 4, LS57 has shifted to slot 5, and UAC11 has shifted to slot 6.
* Support's StA-52 now comes equipped with the EGLM.
* Extended homing missile in-flight sound.
* Changed Berserk pickup sound.
* New generic sound set for Gunner, Tactician, Marksman, and Recon.
* New tough sound set for Mercenary, Pointman, and Heavy.
* New lady sound set for Support.
* New tough chick sound set for Demolition.
* New custom sound set for Colonel.
* New Quake sound set for Slipgater.
* New Shadow Warrior sound set for Samurai.
* New mute sound set for Pointman.
* New skin for Support, Tactician, Demolition, and Marksman.
* New mod feature: Active Skills! Default key is Mouse3.
* New active skill: Medikit (Support). Tosses a medikit for yourself and allies to use. Cooldown: 30 secs
* New active skill: Turret (Gunner). Sets up an automatic sentry turret to attack enemies. Explodes after 3 minutes. Cooldown: 60 secs (Sprites: SgtMarkIV)
* New active skill: Spawn Grenade (Tactician). Tosses a smoke grenade that summons allied marines. Vanishes after 60 seconds. Cooldown: 120 secs (Sprites: Skulltag Team, Captain J)
* New active skill: Disguise (Demolition). Disguise yourself as a zombie to confuse and disorient enemies. Disguise wears off after 60 seconds, or if you take damage. Cooldown: 120 secs after activation.
* New active skill: Ghost (Colonel). Activates a ghost cloak that both makes the player invisible and allows projectiles to fly through. Cloak wears off after 30 seconds. Cooldown: 120 secs after activation.
* New active skill: Boost (Heavy). Increases movement speed by 130% and regenerates 5 HP every second for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
* New active skill: Carapace (Mercenary). Activates a hex shield that protects from hitscan and projectile attacks from the front. Shield lowers when you fire. Wears off after 30 seconds. Cooldown: 120 secs after activation.
* New active skill: Drone (Recon). Throws a beacon that summons a sentry drone to attack enemies. Cooldown: 120 seconds.
* New active skill: Reflex Time (Pointman). Slows down the surrounding world for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 40 seconds after activation.
* New active skill: Cloak (Marksman). Temporarily cloaks the user in light-bending energy. Moving while not crouched causes the cloak to reveal your presence. Cooldown: 90 seconds after activation.
* Added some additional pain and death states to all player classes.
* New friendly marines, having a rare chance of spawning on dead player spots.
* Added additional player corpses.
* Added vocal sound clips to Nobitsura Kage's shockwave attack.
* Fixed new particles and their generators splashing on liquid flats.
* Fixed some weapons being able to switch mid-reload sequence.
* Correctly applied Heavy's translation to his sprites.
* Tech column now correctly plays its pain sound, and no longer interferes with its idle loop.
* Fixed issue that prevented some passive skills from activating in multiplayer.
* Assault rifle zombie now correctly aims at players during their double tap bursts.
* Nailgun/Boltgun projectiles now properly inherit from FastProjectile.
* (Hopefully) fixed blood floating in midair when colliding with fast moving platforms.
* Fixed fists' animation when using hand grenades.
* Fixed casing spawners interacting with terrain.
* Fixed issue with the Spoor switching to the wrong fire mode when pulling the trigger too quickly after a failed charge.
* Heavy's max HP has been reduced to 100, pending a fix for a vexing bug.
* Fixed issue of STEP# textures drawing invalid data from footstep sounds.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
I hope you can one day impliment cyborgs
Hi, i'm loving te mod so far but i don't quite get how the Heavy classe bonus works, i don't know how to activate the Secondary fire options (unless those are the grenade throw, then is okay) or how to change between the arc mods. Can you help me?. Greetings, and keep the good work ^^.
The default key for toggling alternate fire modes is Q. There are more custom keys Doomzone uses, so take a look at the Customize Controls menu, at the very bottom.
Thanks for the advice, but it seems i dont understand one of the heavy class bonus, the one that says he has secondary fire options, because when i use the secondary option it throws the grenade, but all grenades look the same to me. Unless it means that he has like secondary options in the alternate fire modes with Q different than the others? I'm so lost, sorry for wasting your time with this, but i really dont get it xD.
Many of his weapons have alternate fire modes. You can tell what mode the weapon is in when you see text above the ammo counts. For example, pressing Q while his M82 is selected will prime the underslung grenade launcher. Then just pull the trigger (Mouse1). Pressing Q again will switch the weapon back to full auto.
I guess "alternate fire mode" is a little too similar to altfire. Think of it as a secondary mode.
Alright, thank you ^^.
nicely done indeed! what do you have in mind to add after this update?
I'm not sure. I thought about adding a Half-Life themed character, maybe. Still looking for sprites for that, though. We'll see what happens.
Doomzone's development is pretty much, "Oh, that sounds cool. I'll add that." lol
Nice work on the mod. However I'd like to report that I wasn't able to run doomzone with TNT Evilution wad. Ultimate Doom, Doom2 and Plutonia have no such problem.
Gzdoom version: 3.1.0
The error: Script error, "doomzone.pk3:dzbase.wad:ANIMDEFS" line 338:
Unknown texture wfall2
Please pick up the Doomzone Compatibility Patches and load the patch for TNT last in the load order. The download is in the Files section.
Honestly, I can tell that alot of love went into this mod, but none of the guns (aside from a few) really feel good to use. Some animations are janky and strange. The HUD is intrusive and outdated looking, but I really like some of the monsters you have used. Is there any chance that you would do standalone mods for the weapons/monsters used? Or are they assets from other mods?
I really like the classes you've implemented though, but none of them feel hugely different aside from their weapons :s
I think I'll have to let this mod slide for the time being, but I'm looking forward to see the updates.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll be disabling forced scaling on the HUD in the next update, so you'll be able to manually scale it from HUD Options. It won't change how the guns feel, though. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a sprite artist, and I'm very much a one-man team.
I do hope you continue to play after the next release, but I can't promise I'll be able to address all of your concerns. :(
No need for much hd sprites. What i really like to see in the future update of this mod is a much better texture for blood . Tbh nash's blood is old and you know all doom fans really love bloods sid doyles or ketchup would be better . I really hope you will consider that it would be great dont give up on this mod its really fun.also is there a mod option? I dont see it in gzdoom 3.2
What if I told you not everyone plays Doom for the gore?
That's why i suggest sid doyles blood because for me it doesn't really exaggerate the blood that is coming out on the enemy. And certainly not asking for a brutal doomzone, i just sighted about the blood of the mod because if you would get close to dead enemy with tiny blood spots you could really notice it is elevated which is odd.
Its work in zandronum
The mod has not been tested in Zandronum, so I assume it does not work.