Patches your DoomChronicles version 0.20 to version 0.21. The patch corrects several bugs.
* DoomChronicles *
* Multiplayer v0.21 *
* www.doomchronicles.com *
Note: Archiving software (WinZip, WinRAR, WinAce or similar) may be
required for successful installation.
|::| Open with the archiving software of choice and extract the
contents of the .zip file maintaining folder structure.
|::| Move the extracted contents (which should be a folder and two .bat files)
into the Doom3 installation directory (default C:\Program Files\Doom 3\).
|::| Start Doom 3 and click on the "Mods" button, select "DoomChroniclesMP"
from the list and click on the "Load Mod" button.
|::| Alternatively double click on the file "DC_MP_Client.bat" within the
|::| Once the mod has been launched, look for, or create, a multiplayer game.
Note: DoomChroniclesMP requires Doom3 with v1.3.1 patch installed.
Note: Setup instructions for patch-only downloads are the same,
only changes the name of the .zip file and allow to replace files if asked.
Note: Linux and Mac support is planned and will be ready shortly after initial release.
CHANGELOG V0.20 to v0.21:
* Added bot support for methdm1/2 maps.
* wilsdm1 has been converted and included as dcffa05.
* Map loading screen now displays map author name.
* Now the machinegun is the start weapon for all maps.
* The weapon view model now bobs for spectators following another player.
* The crosshair now displays for spectators following another player.
* Fixed the client crash due reliable messages overflow.
* Fixed the glitch that caused weapon world models and player icons to appear
in maps unattached to players.
* Fixed the client crash due unknown weapon script function.
* The weapon view model now displays for spectators following bots.
* The HUD powerup timer now displays for spectators following another player.
CHANGELOG V0.10 to v0.20:
* Bots with an advanced artificial intelligence capable of using all the
DoomChronicles features, such as the secondary fire and jump pads.
* Main menu window for configuring bots on listen servers.
* Auto-Bots system which allows servers to fill a minimum number of slots with bots,
for more information and instructions on its use; check the file docs\bots.tx.
* Chaingun bullets can penetrate multiple players.
* Revamped the pre-game warmup, now it can be truly disabled and the HUD displays
more info such the count down timer and player names in tourney games.
* Removed the spawn effects “shake” due performance and gameplay issues.
* Removed the player spawn animation due visual and gameplay issues.
* Fixed the powerup timer not resetting for the local client on a listen server.
* Fixed the speed of the run animation to match the increased movement speed.
* Fixed several issues related to items respawn times.
* Fixed a bug causing increased bandwidth usage.
* Improved the weapons pickup trigger size.
* Fixed some issues with projectiles impact effects.
For a constantly updated list of DoomChronicles servers check the
servers page in our website.
DoomChronicles includes many new features, for a full list of our main
features, maps, weapons, bots, and items check our website features section.
Nvidia video cards running old drivers (60.xx to early 70.xx) may have
problems drawing ambient lighting correctly which may cause excessively
dark or pitch black maps, updating drivers to the latest version should
correct this issue.
Bots are not reported to the game browser and servers may look empty when
in fact they are running bots, this due a technical problem and cannot
be fixed since it would require access to the engine source code.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK
Support and feedback forums are available our website where the team and
community members will try to help players that are having trouble installing
or playing DoomChronicles.
Bamfu Games (past and present):
Nivelxe: Team Leader, Coder, Mapper, Webmaster.
Past Members who feature work in the mod:
Cody64: Team Leader, Coder, Animator.
Krankymonkee: Lead Mapper.
Pablo Messier: Music.
DescX: For his help with weapons code.
cusTom3: For his help with multiplayer code bugs.
Vikram Jadhav (clone JC Denton): For his rail beam code.
Jarad "TinMan" Hansen: For his bots.
Simulation|EMZ: For multiple contributions.
Dale Thorpe: The font “Beware” used on the game menus.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS''
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR
CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE
USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
You may not include or distribute this mod in any sort of
commercial product without permission from the author. You may
not mass distribute this mod via any non-electronic means,
including but not limited to compact disks, and floppy disks
without permission from the author.
You may distribute the software only if it is free of charge and
the original archive remains intact.
All trademarks are property of their legal owners.