Contains DOOM 64 CE with graphics and audio addons. Requires a patched DOOM64.IWAD (see prerequisites instructions below). Comes bundled with GZDoom 4.7.1 for convenience, but you can use an existing installation of it. Read the readme for more details.
Version 2.1.0 (Full)
- Fixed an issue with the actor replacement script that could make replaced actors not be affected by scripts (such as the unpickable demon key in OUT09, Nebula).
- Changed the way in which the gradient color brightness is applied for a more accurate one (Vulkan/OpenGL only).
- Brightness controls in the Features menu now get applied without having to restart the map.
- Brightmap intensity now depends on the intensity of the gradient colors, with some exceptions.
- Added some empty pixels around sprites to prevent a gzdoom issue where the sprite would wrap around its edges when texture filtering is enabled.
- Fixed the stats screen not showing the next map name when the next map was a text screen intermission.
- Fixed the stats screen not doing the countdown animation.
- Removed footstep sound when the player is walking in the void.
- Fixed ambient sounds not always getting attached to teleporters.
- Added a key binding for NashGore's clear gore option.
- Added color to secret found and artifact found messages.
- Added a slightly lower pitched chaingun firing sound by Immorpher in the SFX addon.
- Fixed type mismatches in custom shaders.
- Added Doom Builder metadata for actor definitions.
- Fixed rare cases of actors becoming invisible after fading in.
- Added the "repeatable action" flag to doors in ported maps that were missing it.
- Fixed door railings moving along with doors in ported maps.
- Fixed monsters being shootable while being fade spawned.
- Fixed the missile range of the Resurrector.
- Switches will now be displayed slightly brighter than the wall texture they are in.
- Gibs and blood pools will no longer spawn on untextured floors.
- Added a message with instructions when picking up the Red and Green artifacts.
- Lots of compatibility improvements for ported maps.
- [Wretched Vats] Fixed the dart trap throwing a "Macro_Suspend" error.
- [Source of Evil] Fixed a case where not all monsters would teleport after spawning.
- [Temple Ruins] Fixed a case where not all monsters would teleport after spawning.
Starting from version 2.0.4, DOOM 64 CE does not run standalone and requires a copy of DOOM 64 for Steam to work. The Steam DOOM 64 IWAD (DOOM64.WAD) can't be used as is and requires patching to make it discoverable by gzdoom. An automatic patcher is included in this package to make this process easier:
Run doom64-install.bat. It will try to find your Steam installation of DOOM 64 and automatically patch and create all necessary files to play. If for any reason the Steam installation is not found, you can copy DOOM64.WAD to the same folder as the .bat file and it will use that instead (special thanks to phredreeke for the idea and initial implementation).
Once it finishes, open gzdoom.exe and you will be able to select DOOM 64 CE from the list. If you do not wish to use the bundled gzdoom and have it installed elsewhere, copy the IWAD and PK3s to its location or the paths configured in its [IWADSearch.Directories] and [FileSearch.Directories].
Supported Steam DOOM64.WAD Checksums:
- MD5: E16E17F59AFE7B3297F53EBE7E9DE815
- SHA1: AE363DB8CD5645E1753D9BACC82CC0724E8E7F21
- SHA256: 902E88504C55CB8F6E03774BA57A272565A65332F08578C3C6FA68972766DB2E