What this is: Just Deus Ex - ready to play! With all 10 known text translations, along with many extras for editing. Specifically has numerous community made engine level fixes on top of the proper 1112fm (GOTY) patch, without the broken maps shipped on retail versions. Actual gameplay code is identical, warts and all!
Copy of release post below:
### What this is:
Just Deus Ex - ready to play!
With all 10 known text translations, along with many extras for editing.
Specifically has numerous community made engine level fixes on top of the proper 1112fm (GOTY) patch, without the broken maps shipped on retail versions.
Actual gameplay code is identical, warts and all!
Also includes a dedicated multiplayer setup, plus the original 2 mission demo updated to the latest version.
Selected by default is the fantastic mod:
#### Deus Ex: Transcended
As described by it's creator:
Built largely for first timer players, Deus Ex: Transcended is a mod focused solely around faithfulness to the original, while bringing an unmatched arsenal of bug fixes, paired with key notes of Quality of Life changes.
Sticklers may still wish to play the game how it was originally made - so the option to easily deselect this is available.
However as a stickler myself, *it's worth it*.
Also selected by default is "Confix", a conversation typo and logic patch.
### Why is this so big?
A 700mb installer certainly isn't ideal for a Deus Ex mod. Options such as delta compression have been looked into, but with unsatisfactory results so far.
If anyone has any suggestions for cutting the file size down, let us know!
Here's the current breakdown (Sizes approximate):
* Maps: 600mb I.imgur.com (DXT + 1002f)
* Language files: 650mb I.imgur.com (Russian / English Confix + Demo / Translation .con files + Japanese Port)
* Demo: 100mb I.imgur.com
* Editing resources: 100mb I.imgur.com (UED2 + Various Tools / Documentation)
* System: 150mb I.imgur.com (1112fm patch, numerous community made fixes, Motherlode of Language Files, Alternate EXEs / Renderers / Transcended system files)
### Can I just use the Transcended standalone installer + Confix if I'm playing in English and want to use DXT?
Pretty much, yeah!
CU has some specific compatibility patches for using DXT with other translations, but it was developed in English so no issue there ofc.
Using this is arguably more convienent if you don't care so much about file size, since it already includes Confix -
But if you don't care about that then yeah, exact same thing aside from the noted minor .ini customizations.
They use all the same core engine fixes, same installer too.
There's also the extra renderers / editing tools / demo and multiplayer, but again if you don't care about those then yeah, using just DXT + Confix will work for you!
- Installer no longer sucks (**Vast** oversimplification but it's true)
- Various projects updated to newer versions (Mostly Han's stuff, like usual. Thanks Han!)
- Deus Ex: Transcended now included and used by default because everyone loves it (Thanks Greasel!)
- UPV2 no longer used. If Transcended is not selected the CU will be using the 1112f,m gameplay code / Deus Ex.u, 1002f maps, and various engine updates- aside from Confix, which can also be disabled. (Love UPV2... but DXT is just better. Love ya Yuki <3)
- Russian Confix now included! "ConEdit Export", The tool used to create it as well. (Thanks KillerBeer!)
- HunMOD no longer uses hardcoded values in a custom DeusEx.u (Thanks again KillerBeer!)
- French translation updated to DXM's updated version. (Thanks DXM!)
- A million and one various other language related tweaks / fixes / updates.
- Added a (Recommended) string next to D3D9's entry in the renderer select, as well as info next to audio renderers. D3D10 / OpenGL also seem to work well, just there so new users don't have to think about it mostly. Personally, I love Nglide - but it can be finicky. Need to use NglideConfig.exe.
- D3D10 HDR fix added (Thanks Veronika!)
- Cluster audio renderer added (Thanks yet again Han!)
- "MoreTriggers", collection of useful triggers for modding. (Thanks Bjorn and a *buncha* other people!)
- Editor.dll hex edited to show an increased 1024x1024/2048x2048 resolution of temporary viewport for shadowmap creation.ViewportSize (Holy fuck thanks Han. Slow down.)
- Engine.dll hex edited to mitigate (Not entirely solve according to Han!) speedup issues. (Thanks Baba O'riley Gaming, Tedder, and Boss Baby Gaming)
- Deus Ex Setup Creator + various related tools. (Yay, 4th installer version!)