Deidranna Lives!-1.13 v3.10 is a mod that allows the Mod Squad’s "Deidranna Lives!" Total Conversion for Jagged Alliance 2 (original Talonsoft release) to be run under Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 Spring 2011 with revision 4552 Patch (or newer). By itself this release is not a complete mod. Instead it is meant to take an existing Deidranna Lives! “Data” folder and integrate it into the JA2 1.13 mod platform along with the contents of this mod. For more information please visit Bear's Pit JA Community Forums.
This is a Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 mod, designed to allow the campaign from the Mod Squad’s Deidranna Lives! Total Conversion for Jagged Alliance 2 (original Talonsoft release) to be run with the benefit of new features created since the source code was released. By itself this release is not a complete mod. Instead it is meant to take an existing Deidranna Lives! “Data” folder and integrate it into the JA2 1.13 mod platform along with the contents of this mod. This is being done essentially to reduce the size of the mod I have to upload, and because I do not feel right with the wholesale repackaging of someone else's work without formal permission (not sure who has that authority these days). All credit for the concepts found in, and the actual original Deidranna Lives! belongs to the Mod Squad.
• Replicates the basic Deidranna Lives! items/weapons mod
• Extends beyond the basic Deidranna Lives! items to include most Stock Jagged Alliance 2 items, JA2 v1.13 items, and some specific to this and related mods
• HAM Facilities - as they are in v1.13 rev 4552
• New (S.T.O.M.P.) Traits support - as they are in v1.13 rev 4552, modified to account for Deidranna Lives! specific character substitutions
• New Chance-to-Hit support - some design principles differ with stock v1.13 NCTH
• “Real-Folding-Stock-System v3 (now with NCTH support)" and modified weapon stats for this
• DBB/IoV inspired modular LBE systems (M-LBE and Pack Carabiner)
• BAG-PRO inspired rifle launched grenades
• Due to NAS and extra items capabilities, this mod uses only original Deidranna Lives! (and Jagged Alliance 2) maps
• Sci-fi mode with all of Bullet Six's Sci-fi guns in "regular" deployment by Deidranna's forces (why not, there are cloning, Crepitus, and M41 Pulse Rifles in the stock mod)
Before you begin, please check the following:
• you have Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 installed somewhere mod friendly (ie. NOT any folder including the phrase: Program Files (x86))
• you have Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 updated to revision 4552 or higher
The original Deidranna Lives!, is distributed with a "less friendly" installer than the Mod Squad's later Urban Chaos, featuring both locked archive files, a dislike of Windows 7 64bit, and a check for both the JA2.exe and the old "DATA" folder. The following are step by step instructions to preparing the Data-DL (not Data-DL113) folder. Read very carefully, if you run into problems with installation, this posting will be referred to first before tackling any "unique" issues:
1) Download Original Diedranna Lives! Data folder (from One of the suggested repositories)
• Kermi's archives - recommend this one, as it is already in its ready to go form, just extract the whole "JA2 Deidranna Lives US" (or German equivalent) folder somewhere you can find.
• Fileplanet - this one is the original installer that has an extra step of first "installing the installer" for Deidranna-Lives! Basically, it unpacks the files and creates a start menu entry for the launcher for the actual installer, fiction reader(not used by DL-1.13), and uninstall application. If you use this one, avoid installing the installer to c:\dltarget otherwise it will interfere with itself, for some reason the Mod Squad named both the distribution installer, and actual mod installer: ja2dl.exe
2) Create a directory in your C: drive named: DLTARGET
• the full path being c:\DLTARGET
3) Copy the JA2.exe from your v1.13 install to c:\DLTARGET
4) Create a folder named DATA inside c:\DLTARGET
• the full path being c:\DLTARGET\DATA
5) Launch the original Deidranna Lives! installer, and direct it to the copy of JA2.exe in c:\DLTARGET
• this will unpack the original Diedranna Lives!, specifically filling in old-style DATA folder with the original mod's files
6) Rename the DATA folder inside c:\dltarget to: DATA-DL
7) Copy DATA-DL to the root folder of your Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 installation.
Actually Installing Deidranna Lives!-1.13
By now you should have completed the above, therefore you will see in your root Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 installation folder the following subfolders (list not inclusive):
As long as you see the above, extract the contents of the full Deidranna Lives!-1.13 archive into your root Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 installation folder. You now should be seeing the following subfolders:
Launching Deidranna Lives!-1.13
The INI Editor, included with Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13, is the recommended method for launching the mod - just set "Select JA2 v1.13 MOD" to: vfs_config.DL113.ini
This mod uses the JA2 v1.13 Virtual File System (VFS) implementation quite extensively. Therefore it may be installed alongside other mods using VFS, like AIMNAS, with no interference or interaction with other mods (as long as everything is installed correctly). It includes the same graphic libary as Urban Chaos-1.13 v3.58 (20110820) and Alrulco Folding Stock v3.20 (20110821), so installs of combinations of these three mods should share DATA-Graphics to save space.