Improves Rome: Total War in every aspect! It offers innovative AI enhancements, original gameplay improvements, new maps & campaigns, new units, new graphics & textures, new historical battles... in fact, everything needed for maximizing challenge,realism and fun for this game. (From 2006 the previous version got around 75.000 *unique* downloads).
Before you install please note!
Rome: Total War is a quite old game available as a Steam Version, Non-Steam Version, as Sega or Activision game.
So this mod cannot be "mod-foldered", meaning that it will affect permanently your game installation and you will not be able to play "Vanilla" Multiplayer anymore. Furthermore, if you want to uninstall the mod, you will also have to re-install the game or repair it with Steam (via "Verify Integrity of Game Cache").
It is advised that after you install DarthMod Rome you disable Steam's automatic updates for the game.
1) Uninstall the previous version of the mod, any other mod and re-install the game or repair it via Steam
(not needed if your game is freshly installed or you have v9.0)
2) Follow the installer guidance
(it automatically finds the correct install path and warns you if it finds an error)
3) Play the game by using the official EXE
Read more info Twcenter.net.
Version 9.0.1 Changes (19/11/2012)
- New more dynamic fatigue system that changes (indirectly) how the hard coded fatigue affects the units. Before the units would tire too much, especially when the battles are long, and this made the troops to become too slow and ineffective (due to the very harsh hard coded penalties). For some very light troops you may watch them to never get tired but this is better than having an army of exhausted troops that run with -50% less speed (the hard coded parameter that is insane).
- Movement modifiers balanced for the new fatigue system.
- Better arrow, Javelin, Pilum damage balance.
- Roman units have now slightly more men and are balanced accordingly. They are very tough to win overall.
Changes from old version 8.1
- New easy installer which includes everything in one package.
- Great deal of unit balances all around.
- New more historic balance for Romans. They have smaller units to reflect their unique maniple system and their stats/cost are balanced accordingly. If you play against them you will fear them more than ever because they can beat you with much smaller numbers. If you play with them you will appreciate their power but you must be more careful when the enemy army is too big... it will frequently be bigger as it was in history.
- Macedon became more unique as it can built bigger cavalry units.
- The mass system is greatly enhanced and reflects better the violence/tension/ferocity of the hellenistic era melees. In fact the melees and havoc is better than newer unmodded Total War games as there is much more action everywhere.
- Corrected a bug in Briton formations, appearing when the AI had a lot of chariots.
- Some projectile physics improvements.
- Even more realistic unit battle movement speed (only when a unit routs can become very slow. This is a hard coded error of the game that lowers, mysteriously the unit speed when it routs).
- Elephants balanced better (they were too strong).
- Added support for the Rome: Total War Alexander expansion (you need to download & install separately).