DAICHBADV: Doom As It Could Have Been ADvanced Vanilla This is a remod of the original doom data to give a fresh look using its own animations. This is a take to make Doom fun to play while maintaining the aesthetics of the original graphics data.
DAICHBADV: Doom As It Could Have Been ADvanced Vanilla
This is a remod of the original doom data to give a fresh look using its own animations. This is a take to make Doom fun to play while maintaining the aesthetics of the
original graphics data.
The Weapon animations on the Chainsaw, Pistol, Shotgun, SuperShotgun Chaingun, and Plasmagun have been altered to give different firing animations.
Monster death animations have been sped up so they fall over faster; monster walking animations have been smoothed out, and explosions have faster animations as well.
This mod is also tailored toward the visual aspects of FreeDoom in the same way as listed above.
Weapon changes: All weapon damages are at vanilla values.
1. Pistol- Pistol has a triple burst on the altfire.
2. Shotgun: Shotgun has a reload animation that can be triggered via the reload button or when it runs out of ammo in its reload counter.
Shotgun altifire is a mostly accurate slug useful for long range. Its damage is 35 which is the same as 7 pellets hitting a single target.
The Slug will gib most low level monsters in one shot due to the damage rng.
The Reload animation has sounds used from Doom 2 data, so the sounds will not play on Doom1.
3. SuperShotgun: Primary fire is single barrel shot. Altfire is the double shot. Reload can be triggered after the first single fire shot via reload key.
4. Chaingun: Chaingun has faster fire rate, faster than the Pistol tripleburst, and has a wind down animation after done firing. Altfire does a barrel windup that does nothing.
5. Rocketlauncher: Faster fire animation, but it fires at the vanilla speed. Basically just looks slightly prettier.
6. Plasmagun: Now acts a flamethrower.
7. BFG: Altfire is the plasmagun.
Enemies: Enemies are currently vanilla with modified death animations to make them die faster rather than slowly melt.