This mod adds a Custom House from Colonization 1. It allows trading directly with Europe without the need of ships, and trading of boycotted goods. By fmiracle.
It's really possible to make something like Custom Hose in new Colonize - each building have tag "iOverflowSellPercent" in xml files. This tag allow building to sell goods, that are exceed it's store capacity. Warehouse expansion utilizes this tag. Set it to 100 and buliding will sell exceeds at full cost.
But. There is some troubles with such approach:
1. Goods will be not sold at once - they will 'decay' by few percents each turn.
2. Traded goods to not affect European prices, taxes and [b]do not generate trade Founding Fathers points[b].
3. Boycotted goods still can'be traded.
So, I decided some changes are needed here. Because I am pretty new in modding, I did not add any new tags to building, but rewrite the processing of existing "iOverflowSellPercent" tag.
So now any building that have this tag will:
1. If stores of ANY yield except food in city exceeds it's maximum capacity the exceed will be sold in Europe for "iOverflowSellPercent" percents of it cost, except taxes.
2. Boycotted goods also be sold, but at half of it's price (i.e. half of "iOverflowSellPercent" percents of it's price in Europe, counting taxes)
3. Traded goods will apply to calculations of prices in Europe, new taxes and generation of trade FF points.
4. All goods except foods can be sold, if it exceed maximum capacity, whatever it was produced in city or imported.
5. I did not test it yet, but it must be also tradeable during WoI (at half price). Still need to think how it's correspond with new Constitution model.
After making this change I removed from warehouseExpansion the ability to sell items to Europe and implement new building Custom House that have "iOverflowSellPercent"=100.
So now, any colony with Custom House will sell any excedes of it's maximum store of goods (300) directly to Europe.
300 tons will always stay in colony and can be used for processing or trading with natives and other players.
As here is no required FF and Custom House is a feature of late-period game I made it costly:
1. 750 hammers and 300 tools.
2. require WarehouseExpansion and Shipyard
I was intended to made it require some level of rebel sentimens but did not catch how to do it yet.
New building used arts of Warehouse Expansion