This mod by Dancal creates a scarier atmosphere and greatly increases difficulty. See File Details for specific changes.
The Zip file contains a folder called gamedata, unzip this folder into your Stalker CS root directory
If you have not used mods before, you will need to find your fsgame.ltx file in the "c:programfilesdeepsilverStalker Clearsky" directory. Open this file with a text editor like
Notepad, and find the following line:
$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata
Change the false to true, i.e.:
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata
:What this mod does:
The Horror mod for CS is an attempt to create a "scarier" atmosphere to play in and generaly make survival a struggle. In its current state it is quite difficult. Even on novice you can be killed very quickly. You will have a hard time finding ammo and other supplies so don't run in all guns blazing or you will quickly find yourself lying face down in the dirt :)
This is a beta or an alpha, whatever you want to call it, not finished, so expect a few minor issues. Nothing game breaking at all, just things I need to work on.
- thick fog surrounds the player and nightimes are very dark
- removed the sun so it doesnt poke through the fog like a sore thumb. The god rays still come through but they kind of suit it so they will stay.
- the AI vision attributes have been altered so that they cant see you before you see them (something cool to try is drawing back into the fog and flanking them as they can't see you going around. Works a treat)
- the tansparency_threshold setting has also been edited so they cant see you through grass and bushes as easily
- the amount of ammo and other supplies found on corpses has been greatly reduced
- the amount of ammo given to you by the trader at the beginning pf the game has been reduced
- accuracy has been improved
- gun damage has been increased thanks to nemboos ammo mod (cheers nemboo) combat is now very deadly :) You can die very quickly, even on novice.
- the main menu music has been changed (made by me :) )
- the dynamic music has been replaced (only one track atm I need some feedback on this, also made by me)
- the minimap has been removed (thanks deadlytigger)
- the enemy/nuetral and mutant dots have been removed from the pda map only friendlies remain
- the binoculars no longer zoom in as it is quite pointless, this sounds like an odd thing to mod but it allows you to quickly take out your binocs and scan the area for lifesigns (lol) in front of you without any fuss.
- the main menu graphic has been altered, it kinda looks crap atm but it gives you an idea of what im after.
:Still to do:
- New music for every area and 2 more dynamic tracks
- slight dialog changes to make it a much darker plot (maybe even a new plot but based around the same events so all that would be changed is dialog)
- new spawns
- add in easter eggs for horror film/game fans
erm... me :)
Bad_motha for help with testing and spotting issues
Nemboo for letting me use his ammo mod
Deadlytigger for letting me know how to disable the minimap
You can follow the mods progress at either the GSC forums or the filefront forums.
If you want to use any parts of this mod in a compilation or something then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org especialy if you want to use music files.