Magus' Crimson Tide mod without snow, sand and dirt.
NEW! Features in 4.0
-The addition of a burnt texture, now your soldiers will be nice and crispy.
-Removed arrow trails
-Added dust during dry weather and in the desert.
-Improved arrow impacts sprites, a little lighter, a little nastier.
Features in 3.0
-improved and revised blood, sand, snow, and dirt
-updated descr_geography_new.db to be more compatible with the addition of snow to the game
- possibly other updates as well, but I don't remember!
Features in 2.5
- Implemented Snow and Sand overlay textures that are only applied when the soldiers are in that specific climate.
- made the blood a little bit lighter
-slightly altered the mud overlays so the second level is toned down a bit.
(maybe more but I forgot)
Features in 2.0
- Completley redone Hi-Res Textures, so you can see the drips and splats alot better
- Dirt and blood no longer has that 'pixelated effect' on the previous version.
- The rate at which soldiers get dirty has been altered so at the start of combat they are
releteviley clean, while further in to battle the muck and blood starts to cake on.
Note: (Soldiers riding horses appear to get a little dirtier than soldiers on the ground)
- redone the graphics and physics for the blood spurts when a soldier is hit by
Features in 1.0 :
-All new blood and dirt textures for your grim pleasure.
-The blood is a deeper, richer red color that will make your cringe.
-Blood and dirt now appear to splatter and drip off of the soldiers.
-Mud and dirt will muck up your soldier's boots, shields and helmets.
Point the installer at the /data folder of the mod of your choice.
should be completley compatible with most mods, Crimson Tide 4 alters a few files
other than the textures in order to get the best effect. These files are as follows:
and then of course the overlay textures
if you use a mod that alters these files crimson tide will not be compatible, of course I could make
adjustments upon request.
Please feel free to use in your mod, just give me credit for my work and I won't breaka u face.
as always any feedback is appreciated, it will help me make the mod better and better, thanks everyone!
(if you do not want the added dust, delete descr_particles.txt, if you want your arrow trails back delete descr_flaming_projectiles.txt)