The first beta release of Content Revised. Includes weapon overhaul and other changes.
The first beta release of Content Revised has arrived!
I will keep the list of changes short, so I will continue off of the previous article I have made, which is available here: Moddb.com
I have also released a small video, which showcases the weapons, but also has a bit of gameplay in the Cordon: Youtu.be
Now, onto the list of new changes:
- Several new weapon meshes have been lifted over from Build 2571. These include the HPSA, L85, LR300, MP5, PB, PM, SIG220, SPAS-12, TOZ-34, USP, and the Walther. These models have older running animations, which are pretty cool!
- Most of the weapon sounds have been swapped out, although some remain vanilla. I also adjusted the delay for some (Noticeable when drawing the SIG550 or the G36).
- Both the TOZ-34 and the BM-16 have received new, custom reload sounds!
- The BM-16 now has the sight position from Build 2205.
- While not all, but a select few variant weapon icons have been swapped out as well.
- Restored the old cursor from Build 1472.
- Sidorovich now sells the TOZ-34, while Barman and Petrenko sell the HPSA and the Martha.
In the archive, you can find 4 folders, which have the following purpose:
- Gamedata folder: This is the main mod itself. Drag & Drop into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC root folder. If you do not have both values on true in the fsgame.ltx file at the gamedata line, make sure they both say true.
- EAX folder: Thanks to a video by Sunbeam (Youtu.be), the previously unused EAX features have been restored, but they aren't included in the main mod itself. If you want to have EAX enabled, drag & drop the eax folder's content into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC root folder. Make sure that you make a backup of your bin folder before doing so, just in case.
- FN2000_OL31: A port of the FN2000 from Oblivion Lost 3.1 (Credit goes to OLP Team). This is used by default, as it has animations for the grenade launcher, and is generally more reliable since it doesn't have that bug where the gun mesh suddenly disappears (Ltx file goes to gamedata/config/weapons, ogf files go to gamedata/meshes/weapons/fn2000).
- FN2000_Original: The FN2000 from Build 2205. The mesh sometimes vanishes, the muzzle flash is misplaced, and it does not include a grenade launcher. However, I still included it as optional, if someone wants to use it (Ltx file goes to gamedata/config/weapons, ogf files go to gamedata/meshes/weapons/fn2000).
EDIT: I have r2_allow_r1_lights turned on in the video, that's why it looks a lot brighter in some areas. I like to use this for the mod since it gives off a build-esque vibe. It looks good for the most part, but is too intense in small rooms, and can sometimes glitch out.
I will bring you new beta releases in the future until I can continue adding new things to this mod! Until then, have fun! :)