Commander: Europe at War demo for game version 1.06.
To give gamers a taste of Commander: Europe at War, Slitherine’s hit turn-based strategy game, a demo has been released allowing players to enjoy a full hour of game play and test their abilities in command of the Axis and Allied forces. We're also temporarily dropping the price for a period of 2 weeks to conincide with the launch of the demo - instead of the usual £29.99 price point you can now get the game for just £19.99 - that's 33% off!
Commander: Europe at War was release in July 2007 and has been received by the specialist press as one of the most innovative and enjoyable strategy games of the year.
Commander: Europe at War is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. It is being jointly developed by Firepower Entertainment and being released through Slitherine Software’s Kameleon Project. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
· Huge hex based campaign map covering the USA to the west, Africa to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Ural’s to the east;
· 6 epic scenarios including the operation Barbarossa, D-Day and the Grand Campaign;
· Research over 50 inventions from 5 different technology areas;
· 12 different unit types including Armor, Destroyers and Motorized Corps, each with their own strengths and weaknesses;
· Recruit and attach Historical Commanders to your units;
· Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war;
· Easy to learn, hard to master game play that is the cornerstone of Slitherine game designs;
· Multiplayer via e-mail, hotseat, Internet and including optional timed turns and 7 difficulty settings;
· Use of Osprey publishing artwork in game, a leading publisher of military history books;
· Easily modable script files that allow players to alter many aspects of gameplay including research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.