ChatMOD is an universal Chat Enhancement.
ChatMOD is an universal Chat Enhancement. Original this was 'Sol's Color chat Nicks - SCCN' after many people told me that they hardly find this mod I decided to rename it to it's actual purpose.
So What can ChatMOD do for me ?
ChatMOD provides many features which makes chatting / communication InGame much easier. To grab some examples: It color the nicknames of chat participants in their class color, stores this information in a database, provide modificaton of the chatframe like mouse scrolling, button hiding, chat editbox movement, channel name striping, channel name shortening, text highlighting, sound notifications, and many many more. The target was to build one Addon which contain the most important chat enhancements. So for the user it is easier to update one Addon than updating 10 addons after each patch.
Will this Addon be Updated steadily ?
More or less, Yes. But as every Addon author I'm doing this in my sparetime besides the Gameplay itself. So on first priority is my Druid on EU-Aegwynn but because I'm started to develop this Addon in the beginning for my own purpose I will update it as long as I'm plaing wow. And at the moment I don't have any plan to quit ;) So If you have any Suggestions or wan't to offer any support, feel free to contact me.
* Color the chatters nicknames in their class color
* Option to hide Channel names ([Guild] [Party]) from chat
- Optinally shorten the Channel names [Guild] = [G]
* Mousewheel scrolling in chat window
- Mousewheel jumps to top / bottom
- Mousewheel scrolls 5 lines up/down
* Option to relocate Chateditbox to top of the chatframe
* Clickable Hyperlinks, ready for Copy & Paste (URL, IP, TS2, Emails)
* Colors raidmember's map pin's in their class color on Map
- Colors raidmember's map pin's in their class color on BG Minimap
* Fully customizable Timestamps with HTML color codes
* Option to Highlight own nickname in chat messages
- specify up to three custom highlight words
- bring highlighted sentences on centered Screen
* Whisper Target Function. Whispers your current target (/wt)
* Keybindings for /say /raid /g /party /yell /6 /7 /8 /o /wt
* Option to hide Chat Buttons
* makes invite calls in chat clickable [invite] (invites on click)
* Option to increase the Editbox scrollback (history) buffer
* Option to use arrowkeys without pressing in chat editbox
* Auto Skip Gossip Pages at NPC's
- This can temporary disabled by holding key while talking to a NPC or switch it off in menue
* Auto Dismount on Flightmaster (Taxi)
* Chat notifications by sound
Like all Mod authors I develop this mod in my sparetime and
can't give any function guarantee. You don't have to praise
me for this mod I only ask you frankly to give me a good vote
at curse gaming to appreciate my work. Just one click above !
If you use it please Vote! If you like it please recommend to others.
InGame Slash Commands ?
type '/chatmod help' for General Help or use /chatmod to open the gui
For a detailed description what slash commands exists and how to use them in a proper way please visit the Project Website there is a documentation online.