Here's the next release of Camillo's CoD2 Weapons Sound Mod, which features more excellent additions to an already great mod, along with tweaks, balances, and fixes to keep everything sounding smooth.
1. After unpaking the file copy "ZZZ_Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod" file into "main" folder located in Your Call of Duty 2 folder.
2. Now You can play.
1. Detete "ZZZ_Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod" file from "main" folder located in Your Call of Duty 2 folder.
2. Now You can play and Your Call of Duty 2 is just like it was before installing the mod.
INFO ABOUT THE MOD
This mod changes almost all of the weapon sounds in the game to some more realistic. Many of the sounds are just like those You can hear in the movies like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers and even Enemy At The Gates. All of the sounds are pure, high quality and most of them were especially modified and tunned by myself. Some of the sounds that I didn't change I've increased their volume level a bit. Also the whizbyz, flesh hits, breathing, grenade throwing and bouncing sounds volume level was lowered a bit - this is more realistic, cause originally in the game these sounds were much to loud. The following weapon sounds were changed to the new ones: BAR, Bren, Colt, Enfield and Scoped Enfield (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Kar98k and Scoped Kar98k (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Luger, Carbine, Garand, MG42, 30cal, MP40, MP44, Mosin and Scoped Mosin (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Panzershreck (firing sound), PPSh, PPS42, TT30, Webley, Springfield, Sten and Thompson.
Also fixed a bug of player's 30cal turret in "Rhine" mission using Gewehr43 sound instead of 30cal sound, it was not my mod bug, it was an original game issue.
I can't take any credits for the original sounds desing. All those sounds came from many, many different authors and most of the sounds are especially modified and tunned by myself but however the original design of these sounds is not mine, except the 30cal sound, which I've recorded from Saving Private Ryan.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT THE MOD
1. This mod is for single an maybe also for multiplayer mode of Call of Duty 2. I don't play multiplayer, I have a very bad connection, so I just didn't test it there.
2. This mod may not work properly with any other sound mods but it should work without any problems when used with any realism, blood, or sound volume mods.
3. For the real best experience it is highly recomended to use together my Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod, Camillo_COD2_Sound_Volume_Mod and Camillo_COD2SP_Realism_Mod. Those mods can work together without any problems and all of them You may download from www.codfiles.com..
KNOWN BUGS AND CONTACT INFO
I haven't found any bugs so far but however if You find something or if You just like to contact me about this mod than please write me at email@example.com, I always reply. If You would like to use this mod for Your own project than of course You may feel free, but please credit me - Camillo - as partially an author. And please forgive me for my English, I'm from Poland, so Engish is not my primary language.
CHANGES ADDED TO VERSION 1.1
1. Increased volume level for Kar98k and Webley, which were a little too quiet in the previous version.
2. Lowered volume level for Luger, which was a little too loud in the previous version.
CHANGES ADDED TO VERSION 2
1. Added new sounds for 30cal, Luger, Bren, Enfield, Sten, PPSh, PPS42, MP40, MP44 and Thompson.
2. Tunned a little some of the existing sounds.
3. Increased volume level a bit for some weapon sounds.
4. Decreased volume level a bit for some weapon sounds.
5. Fixed a bug of player's 30cal turret in "Rhine" mission using Gewehr43 sound instead of 30cal sound, it was not my mod bug, it was the original game issue.