Here's the first release (updated from an unreleased version 1) of Camillo's CoD2 Weapons Sound Mod, which features a wide array of sounds reminiscient of movies like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and even Enemy at the Gates.
1. After unpaking the file copy "ZZZ_Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod_v1.1" file into "main" folder located in Your Call of Duty 2 folder.
2. Now You can play.
1. Detete "ZZZ_Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod_v1.1" file from "main" folder located in Your Call of Duty 2 folder.
2. Now You can play and Your Call of Duty 2 is just like it was before installing the mod.
INFO ABOUT THE MOD
This mod changes almost all of the weapon sounds in the game to some more realistic. Most of the sounds are very similar to those You can hear in the movies like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers or even Enemy At The Gates. All of the sounds are pure and high quality and also most of them were especially modified and tunned by myself. Some of the sounds that I didn't change (cause they were really good) I increased their volume level a bit. Also the whizbyz, breathing, grenade throwing and bouncing sounds volume level was lowered and flesh hit sound volume level lowed very much - this is more realistic, cause originally in the game these sounds were much to loud. The following weapon sounds were changed to the new ones: BAR, Bren, Colt, Enfield and Scoped Enfield (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Kar98k and Scoped Kar98k (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Luger, Carbine, Garand, MG42, MP40, MP44, Mosin and Scoped Mosin (they have the same sound, cause in fact it's the same weapon), Panzershreck (firing sound), PPSh, PPS42, TT30, Webley, Springfield, Sten and Thompson.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT THE MOD
1. This mod is for Single an maybe also for Multi Player mode of Call of Duty 2. Maybe because I don't play multi, I have a very bad connection so I just didn't test it in multiplayer.
2. This mod may not work properly with any other sound mods but it should work without any problems when used with any realism, blood, skin or sound volume mods.
3. For the real best experience it is highly recomended to use together my Camillo_COD2_Weapons_Sound_Mod, Camillo_COD2_Sounds_Volume_Mod and Camillo_COD2SP_Realism_Mod_v2. Those mods can work together without any problems and all of them You may download from www.codfiles.com..
KNOWN BUGS AND CONTACT INFO
I haven't found any bugs so far but however if You find something or if You just like to contact me about this mod than please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org or GG 4736740 - I always reply. If You would like to use this mod for Your own project than of course You may feel free, but please credit me (Camillo) as partially an author. Oh, and please forgive me for my English, I'm from Poland, so Engish is not my primary language.
CHANGES ADDED TO VERSION 1.1
1. Increased volume level for Kar98k and Webley, which were a little too quiet in the previous version.
2. Lowered volume level for Luger, which was a little too loud in the previous version.