Sunday 1.12.2013 Release notes for Burnt Islands build 0.06. This release is a release containing adding and fixing several major features and bugs.
The main feature that took much time (over a week) was explosions with billboards, animated textures, sounds and smokes.
Another big change is that player is now being spawned in a hole in the middle of the island. Texturing and scene graphics are not there yet though.
Better eating functionality. Choose an item you want to eat by pressing a number and then press ‘E’ for “eat”. Different items give different capabilities:
- Bananas give health
- Oil barrels give energy (to fly with)
- Banana splits give strength.
More crafting and inventory items:
- Oil barrels are the new ones. You can pick them up and use to get more energy for flying.
- Bridge building is changed and you get both start and stop for bridge at the same time from the crafting menu.
- You can also now see inventory while using crafting menu so that items you are making are all there before your eyes.
One more help text for players is added: the one that tells you that you can begin to craft items.
Protection (this slightly blue rotating sphere near some monsters) for brown bombs is now a protection for a bomb gather. You can’t move it, but you can destroy it with the “Blue eye” weapon in order to pick up brown bombs.
We have also worked more with saving:
- Start objects that you use to make an axe,
- The “Blue eye” weapon
- XP levels.
And of course crash bugs: the whole game crashed if you planted a tree after reload.
All feedback is welcome!
If you don’t want to use the feedback form, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org