Version 14b of my Brutal Doom Classic Edition mod. A few bug fixes and some minor things added. NOTE: Zandronum is currently not supported.
- minor blood splash red screen and gore changes
- reduced the length of time the screen turns red when being damaged.
- screen will now not turn red when a lot of blood splashes on the screen (chainsaw is an exception)
- added missing frames in shotgun extra pump animation and fixed some other minor things. Will now work exactly as it did in v18
- fixed pistol bug where select animation would play when trying to reload with a full clip
- flashlight now does not turn off when switching weapons
- added more disabled map enhancements (ceiling lights for E1M2 only)
- kicking when looking down the sight for any weapon will now lower the weapon to default view
- changed default kick physics to feel more like an updated version of v18 kick physics
- minigun secondary fire mode slightly shakes the screen like the primary fire mode.
- edited bfg kick animations so that it would feel more natural
- edited v18 rocket launcher animations so that it would tilt and feel more natural
- added more frames for shotgun ironsights switching
- fixed rocket launcher aiming
- increased chaingun alt-fire spread for balance
- small corpse kicking fixes
- changed head shot system and dying enemies so that one kick could still blow the head off of a dying shotgunguy/zombieman/imp while allowing enemies to dynamically die when their heads get blown off when their standing
- edited dying shotgun sergeant hit-in-eye to feel smoother and better when doing a head explosion kick
- smoother shotgun weapon kick animations
- added option to turn screen effects on or off (must restart level for change to take place)
- added option to turn chaingun recoil on or off
- added options for different types of aiming in "BD Doom Gameplay Options".
"Press once" will require the player to press alt-fire to get in and out of ADS.
"Hold" will require the player to press alt-fire constantly to keep ADS-ing.
"BDv21" is the ADS system that BDv21 had originally. The way that worked is that if you pressed alt-fire quickly, ADS will remain up until you press alt-fire again. If you pressed alt-fire and held it for a couple of seconds, when you let go, ADS will go down.
Cover art by Frinfrosk