BookOfCrafts (BoC) is a simple add-on which provide you with information regarding your other characters crafts.
*** PURPOSE ***
BookOfCrafts (BoC) is a simple add-on which provide you with information
regarding your other characters crafts. With it activated, whenever you display
a recipe tooltips, it will list which character know this recipe already, which
character may learn it now and which character will be able to learn it later.
In case no character is concerned by this recipe, a simple message is displayed.
Some special notes :
- By default, currently played character is not displayed in lists, because top
of recipe text should inform you about 'known' state. However an option is
available to force current character listing
- When a recipe requires a craft specialisation, character should know this
specialisation to be listed. Knwing the base craft is not enough. For
instance, if your character knows 'Dragon scale leather crafting', it won't
be listed for a 'tribal leather working' recipe even though it is a leather
- Works with regular chat message hyperlinks, merchant, bank, bags tooltips.
However, if you work with add-ons which do not handle tooltips correctly,
through hook functions, BoC may be unable to display any information. So be
sure to check which add-on you have in use before blaming BoC ^_^
*** INSTALLATION ***
Install the Add-on in your Interface/Add-on directory, then open for each
character their Tradeskills/Craftskills list. By doing this, BookOfCrafts learns
which craft skills they know.
*** OPTIONS ***
You may access to options through 4 ways:
- with '/boc option' command (or '/BookOfCrafts option')
- A myAddOn button (my favorite way... if myAddon is installed)
- A binding key, through normal binding menu
- A cosmos button in Cosmos main panel (If Cosmos is installed... However
since the advent of Khaos, I can't promise this will work anymore)
Available options are :
- Same Faction: Search of characters is limited to same faction as currently
- Show Skill Rank: If option is active, listed characters will show their
current craft skill level (for instance 'Lini (78)'. Otherwise, only the
name will be displayed)
- Tooltip color: choose your own color for BoC tooltip text
- Display miscellaneous informative chat messages (used for debug generally)
- Show also current character in lists.
*** COMPATIBILITIES ***
Information will be shown an any plan/manual/recipe in ...
- Auction House
This is compatible with
Following add-ons show some incompatibilities (randon tooltip info display)
- MyBank (Part of Mybags add-on, however mybags is fully compatible)
- Auctioneer new auction windows.
*** DEPENDENCIES ***
There is no mandatory dependency. This is a standalone add-on
however, if you have Cosmos or myAddons installed, BookOfCrafts adds its own
menu to their interface.
*** NOTES ***
This add-on has been thoroughly tested in French only. It is provided with
Deutsch and English localization which I cannot test, so the quality of BoC
behavior in those 2 languages highly depends heavily on users feedback.
Also, if someone wants to provide Korean or German translation, he/she's
*** CREDITS ***
My big thanks to Ayradyss, maker of 'RecipeBook' addon. I've been a first user
of this add-on, but found myself in need of something different and I have
developped 'BookOfCrafts' (also at this time, RecipeBook development was
stopped). This is thanks to 'RecipeBook' that I started to get involved in
However, there is no competition with 'Recipe book' and Ayradyss. Perhaps you
should check also this add-on as it is a great add-on that you might prefer for
its different features.
Special thanks to Bburt for his overall help
Special thanks to Ghandi for German translation
and my thanks for all of you for your feedback
- Added option to enable/disable reagents tooltip displayv
Known Bugs with this version
No known issues