Battlestaffs mod adds battle staffs to the game.
AUTHOR: Fire Legion
• Changes the weapons from ‘blade’ to ‘blunt’.
• Adds 5 new staff types- Heavy, Light, Daedric, Frost, and Necromancer.
• Renames ‘Imperial Battle Staff’ to just ‘Imperial Battlestaff’.
• Adds the staffs to various NPCs across the game, including bandits, necromancers and dremora.
• Reduces the damage done by Imperial Staffs slightly.
• Reduces the value of Imperial Staffs by a third.
• Reduces the Enchantment of Imperial Staffs.
• Not all Imperial Battlemages possess these staffs now.
• You can now buy all these Staffs at ‘Rindir’s Staffs’.
LEGAL: This file may not be redistributed on CD, DVD etc, resold, modified or "plugged" into a mod without notifying me and asking my permission.
DESCRIPTION: This mod adds battle staffs to the game. What are battle staffs? In short, staffs which you can hit things with. There are six types- Daedric (heavy, powerful), Heavy (heavy, powerful), Light (lighter, cheaper, 1 hand), Frost (frost enchanted), Imperial (fire enchanted) and Necromancer (light, 1 hand).
These staffs are smoothly integrated into normal game life, and can be found everywhere, from the depths of necromantic caves to the glorious Imperial City, from the terrible towers of Oblivion to the simple camps of bandits. They are for sale in Rindir’s Staffs, and you can sell them to him too.
SCIENCE: Under ‘staffs’ in the Object window, I right click and select ‘new’. I create a new weapon with a staff mesh and icon. I rename it to something like ‘Combat Staff’, and give it a simple ID. I make it into a blunt weapon instead of a staff, and set the stats, adding an enchantment if I wish. For a more detailed tutorial, please contact me at the email address below.
INSTALLATION: Just copy the file into your Oblivion/Data folder, and select it in data files.
FUTURE: More staff types probably, more on NPCs, tweaked stats and bug fixes. Perhaps also specially enchanted staffs.
ISSUES: None that I have seen.
CONFLICTS: Should be fully compatible with all your favourite mods.
THANKS: Bethesda for Oblivion