READ ME - INSTALL DIRECTIONS
Basix Monstro Horror Classic Mod
(for GSC patch v.1.0004)
This is a Combo Mod of the Following Mods all togethor in One Mod for your playing enjoyment .
1. Basix Monstrosity 2.0 ( Also know as basix_gfxmv_2 )
4. Stalker_Music_Overhaul ( 2011_01_28_ )
6. Helicopter Mod
10.S.W.O. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. WEATHER OVERHAULED) v3.0 Lite .
Simply extract the zipped file and put the gamedata folder into your main S.T.A.L.K.E.R. folder (usually X: -> Program Files -> THQ -> S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl). If you've never played any STALKER mods you may need to adjust one line in fsgame.ltx (change false to true; use Notepad) to look like this:
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\
[Suggestion: If you already have a working gamedata folder, rename it or move it elsewhere and then install this mod in a clean/empty gamedata folder – a likelihood that something will go wrong when casually topping any one mod with another (without carefully merging files) is pretty high]
2ND Install : For Scarification_v1_for_stalkershoc
You will need to replace your existing user.ltx file and copy the one from this archive to the location provided location.
Your user.ltx is located under ( Start / Documents / User /Stalker Shoc File /user
- system requirements as specified on the retail game box or Steam Version (for problems with Vista, google: "Stauffenberg's Stalker vista 32 bit")
- GSC patch 1.0004
- no other mods in the same gamedata folder
Note : Steam Version is located under Program Files ( or Program Files (x86) /Steam/Steamapps/common/ S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl
You need to start a new game!
Each MOD FEATURES and Integrities That have not bene changed in this Mod
BASIX SPAWN MOD: Completely rebuilt spawn files to force compatibility with GSC patch 1.0004. The mod features a rare combination in the same spawn file of:
- monsters that GSC excluded from their final cut of the game; and
- drivable vehicles (over 30 drivable vehicles throughout the game; you can use handgun while driving)
Mutant Parts are sellable when you find them... it occurs somtime after your first goal is achieved
WEAPONS EXPANSION MOD: This mod features 17 new base model weapons (not counting multiple "uniques"). Play, say, three differently looking Abakans in the same game (no need to manually switch textures). They also have their own specs and all look different. The mod features:
- 3 different AN-94 Abakan visuals and features + "uniques" (a "unique" is a derivate from the base weapon model that shares its visual appearance with the base)
- 3 AKS-74Us visuals + uniques (Ghost's AKS-74U only at the 1st trader)
- 3 Groza OC-14s visuals + uniques
- 3 AK-74 visuals + uniques
- 2 Dragunov SVD visuals + uniques
- 2 Dragunov SVU visuals
- 2 TOZ-34 visuals
- 2 VSS Vintorez visuals
- 3 ZM LR-300 visuals + uniques
- 3 HK G36 visuals
- 2 Val visuals + uniques
ADD-ONS TEXTURE AUTO-SWITCH MOD: Now your weapons attachments (silencers, scopes, nade launchers) automatically match the texture/color of the assault rifle you are using at the moment. This works in two possible ways: (1) say, you have several scopes in your inventory attached to several differently textured weapons -- the scopes will auto-match the texture of the weapon they are attached to, and (2) you have, say, only one scope in your inventory that fits several differently textured weapons in your inventory -- the only scope in your inventory will in this case auto-match the texture of each weapon once you activate the weapon and attach the scope to it. This feature is automatic and you don’t have to do anything ... just attach add-ons as usual.
NPC WEAPONS REBALANCING MOD: NPCs in most maps have better or different weapons (say, many NPCs in Cordon will have TOZ-34s, or military at the train bridge will have some Abakans, etc).
ENVIRONMENTAL GFX MOD: This has to do with reprocessed game graphics. I started with some 1,400 graphics and (to keep it to a reasonable download size) eventually reduced it to about 960. In a way, this is a very similar concept to the exceptionally excellent save's Nuclear Snow mod, except that instead of monochromatics used to obscure and give a certain mood to the game I did the opposite and pulled the "bleached/washed out" colors out and let them stand on their own in creating a sense of messy, deteriorated yet richly colorful environment. Weight/size of the reprocessed graphics is same as before so no extra processing power needed. Topped it with the excellent sky textures from STALKER Skies by Cambragol.
HARD MOD: This mod has been Revised and Recreated for those who prefer a higher difficulty level of gameplay only . At times you may be thinking that " Im flying through this level " and then you realize you didnt think things through..........
Revised Default Start Setting:
1.Better items on start game - with Wolf.
- start: You go to Wolf and he hands you artifacts: 3x Meat Chunky, Urchin, Flash, Spring, Mama's Beads.
weapons: SPAS-12 shotgun , SIG-220 pistol and H&K G36 Assault Rifle.
ammunition: 8 packages of ammo 12x76 slug, .45ACP Hydro and 5.56x45 mm AP. and a knife
Special Note : MAKE USE OF THE TRUCKS FOR FASTER TRAVEL....YOULL NEED THEM ( Hee Hee ) .
Beware .... Things are about to get Scary -- TIP: there is a handgun in the trailer near that injured guy
- medical: the instant healing power of food myth -- don't be naive. Eating helps your hunger but it does not heal bullet wounds
- medical: magical bandages recall, a part of false advertising -- stuffing 500 of these all over yourself could help stop bleeding but they won't restore your health as Sid and other profiteers would like you to believe
- medical: medical kits (except the anti-rad) are slightly less effective. If you are just about to die use 2
- NPCs: inside buildings, they are harder to spot if they are stationary since they kinda blend with this modified environment
Special Conditions: foggy conditions are more frequent. Fog can present a significant obstacle. It's set at approximately 50 yards/meters visibility. Cloudy, rainy, foggy nights are not the best time to engage in new adventures. During the day is better and at least you can see silhouettes in the distance. If you accepted quests, sometimes you’ll have to go out no matter what conditions are since there is a very short time set on quests. This Mod is enhanced by the dynamic weather system of Stalker Weather Overhaul 3.0 Lite, composed of 7 unique 24h cycles - every single day in-game is differen weather-wise
- fully implemented sun (and moon) flares and sky textures -though changed due to the Horror Mod .
Thw Smart dynamic scheme creating random yet realistic weather condition chains is still in tact - no awkward 'weather jumps' form clear to storm - all changes are fluid with clouds gathering if seen before the rain starts .
- best graphical quality achievable in SoC (3+ years of SoC weather editing experience)
- available in 2 versions: BASIC (weather related features only) or FULL (incl. Ambient Audio Overhaul, Particle Enhancement v3 and other addons)
Prices of weapons: very high prices ... when buying. Selling them to traders will get you next to nothing :( . Ammo prices 50% higher with the usual sell to traders percentage. TIP: selling ammo and artifacts (instead of weapons) to traders could turn out to be more profitable for you
Carrying weight: Revised to Maxed out at 1000 Pounds To help boost your running speed threshhold , as well as to carry more weight at the same time .
Ammo will be your main concern going in.................And i cant stress more to Use vehicles to transport your stashes faster to traders , they are your lifeline .
Last Helpfull hint ( Fences are removed ....but they are still a barrier when it comes to being a safety base .
- dominance weapons: these specially tweaked weapons (such as AN-94 Zonemaster, Groza OC-14 Specialist Edition, Fang's AKS-74U, etc.) are not available at traders. They are not even given to you (as in other Basix mods for 1.0003). You'll have to make some choices along the way -- for example, you can attack the Freedom Base and kill Lukash in order to get the "Zonemaster", because he has it. And even when you get your hands on that gun it's not certain in what condition the gun is. TIPS: AN-94 "Zonemaster" is carried by Lukash (Freedom commander); Groza OC-14 Specialist is carried by Gen. Voronin (Duty commander) and sometimes also by Petrenko (Duty trader); Fang's AKS-74U is carried by Bes (at the Garbage), and the usual AKS-74U Tactical is with Fox and maybe one at Seriy); Strelok's SVD is somewhere in the Red Forest area, etc. Some of these weapons (notably, Zonemaster, Groza SE) could also be found in secret stashes (when the gameplay conditions are met and, of course, if you are in the business of searching stashes)
Quests time limits are variableand extended for most to 10 Days: if you are counting on collecting some rewards for accomplished quests and tasks, you have more time now....as youll need more time to avoid the Mutants chasing you .
If you screaming inside: "This is a way too Fun " Thats the way its intended .
Revised Default Start Setting:
1.Better items on start game - with Wolf.
artifacts: 3x Meat Chunky, Urchin, Flash, Spring, Mama's Beads.
weapons: SPAS-12 shotgun , SIG-220 pistol and H&K G36 Assault Rifle.
ammunition: 8 packages of ammo 12x76 slug, .45ACP Hydro and 5.56x45 mm AP.
TAKE WEAPONS INSIDE MOD ( “kill 'em all but 3”): a silly lil mod that lets you take your weapons inside the “no weapons” areas. In a practical sense that’s mostly Bar … so if Snitch is really getting on your nerves one day you may just snap and decide that he’s too annoying to live … lol. If you decide to use it, use it when your relationship with Duty is already messed up and you don’t have much to lose by “clearing” annoyances in the Bar. IMPORTANT: DO NOT KILL Sidorovich, Sakharov, and Barkeep! Sidorovich (the first trader), Barkeep, and Sakharov (Yantar Mobile Lab) are protected and important NPCs (and only these 3). They are the relaying points for the game story and if they are killed the game will either immediately crash or if you edit their immunities it will crash at the point their input is required by the story. Everybody else tho is a fair game. Good hunting, STALKER!
SKINFLINT MOD: you can sell unlimited amounts to the Freedom Base Trader (GSC default limit was set at 5,000 RU)
OTHER FEATURES: all weapons and armor are non-degradable. All weapons, armor, etc. skins made either by myself or are game defaults except as credited below. Integrates some of my previous mods and weapons/armor skins (Strelok's SVD, Fang's AKS-74Us, Ghost's AKS-74U) in a slightly adjusted form.
NOTE REGARDING VEHICLES
The User .ltx file has been adjusted to recognize the bindings below ...so try the game settings in the game first before you make any changes as staded below :
Enter / Exit Vehicle : ( Alt )
Start / Stop Vehicle : Keyboard ( j )
Left ( L )
RIGHT ( R )
FORWARD ( W )
BACKWARD ( S )
However , if you need to manually change yours please do so as following :
- HOW TO: You need to write (or copy and paste) the following lines in "user.ltx" file:
bind cam_1 kF1
bind cam_2 kF2
bind cam_3 kF3
bind turn_engine kJ
Note that some users may have 2 "user.ltx" files, one in Shared Documents and one in the game's root directory. Change both files if you do. Also note that some users (after changing the user.ltx) will have to enter each line in console in order to activate these binds. It seems that after using the console first few times you won't need the console any longer and your driving keys are ready. To enter and exit the vehicle press your "use" key (usually "F") when very close to the vehicle door -- note that to exit some vehicles you need to turn towards the door and press the use key. Start the engine by pressing "J" (press again to turn off the engine). Drive with your usual movement keys (usually "WASD") and stop the vehicle with the "SPACEBAR". You can also use handguns while driving. Note that not all visible vehicles are drivable.
This Mod Has the use of 13 Mods Combined :
Note the other things you have in this mod .
3.Vehicles for faster Travel
4.Speed boost to outrun Mutants
5.Better weapons at the start
6.Fences that arent there , buy protect you from mutants as a safety base .
7.A Better Flashlight at night.
8.A moodier alternative music in each level .
9.Helicopters that can be shot down
10.Improved artifacts and more of them.
11.Random Stashes / This minimod randomly selects from several configured possible stash contents.
The configuration is by level and by "theme".
There is a fixed probability of getting one of the items configured in the "theme" section
and there is a probability of getting vanilla stash contents.
The aim of this mod is to give the player a change to get some items that may change the
way the player chooses to progress. Depending on your luck you may find some first class
artifacts or just some food and vodka. There is a good chance of getting something that
is just a bit better than what you would usually have at that point in the game.
NOTE: stash contents are picked randomly based on Lua random generator. They are NOT unique.
In fact, there is a good chance that two or more stashes will have the same content. This is
12. Quests now give you 10 game days to complete, not 1, so it's a bit easier to accept a few at once (was my biggest annoyance)
* Various (bugged? or just silly) quests that actually gave you negative reputation now give you positive equivalent reputation.
* Enabled quests that had been disabled (eg barman quest to recover Gordon Freeman's gun, or the Monolith suit found in Dark Valley labs, first trader wanting the "Fort" gun). Not sure how reliable enabling these is though ;)
Few notes on reputation gains (with or without mod, just interesting info about how the game is, nothing to do with what I changed):
* Trader (1st trader) "Eliminate Camp" quests also give Duty reputation/faction points.
* Trader "find artifact" quests give general reputation, but does not affect any faction alignment.
* The 1st Trader "kill stalker" quest gives Duty reputation/faction, the other kill stalker quests do not.
* The (newly enabled with mod) trader "Find item" quest gives Duty reputation/faction.
* The trader "Defend camp" quests give Duty reputation/faction.
* The trader "find monster part" quests give general reputation, but does not affect any faction alignment.
* All of the above is true for the Barman quests based on above sections (inc. only 1st stalker kill quest giving Duty rep), except the (newly enabled with mod) find item quests give no Duty rep/faction.
* All the scientist/ecologist quests (every single one) gives "ecology faction" reputation points. No idea what use this is though?
* All Duty quests give large amounts (around 10* more than barman/trader quests) of Duty faction.
* Only 1 Duty quest gives negative freedom faction, which is a "Purge the abandoned village not far from the military warehouses from the freedomers". All other Duty quests do not affect Freedom faction.
* All Freedom quests give large amounts of Freedom faction.
* The Freedom quests "Bring the new model of the bulletproof vest", "I'll pay for the head of any Duty leader! Knock one off and come back for reward.", "Clear the village of bloodsuckers and, if possible eliminate the controller", "Destroy the Duty outpost at the Garbage as soon as possible", "Destroy the clean-up Duty faction in Rostok" all make you lose Duty faction (quite a lot generally), so be careful if you want to "work for both sides" :)
* The Freedom quest "Destroy the herd of boars and fleshes by the military warehouses" did not give any Freedom faction/reputation. My mod fixes this.
* The Freedom quest "Destroy the military camp by the Agroprom Research Institute" did make you lose Duty faction. My mod removes this loss. You still gain Freedom faction for completing it.
13.Dynamic Weather ....Even in a Horror Setting .
Hope you enjoy!
For Basix Monstrosity 2.0
.This mod also integrates either modified or unchanged mods developed by others:
- Realism Graphic Mod 2.0 by edomae (nice lighting and shadows enhancements)
- Traders Mod 1.1 by Balnazzar (traders have stuff ... lots of it)
- Hud & Blood Mod 1.3 by pseudoant (bloody gruesome scene ... lol)
- Stalkers Are Not Blind 0.99 by Red75 (helps NPCs avoid anomalies … be very patient with Kruglov in the tunnel between Wild Territories and Yantar ... did I say "very" ... I meant extremely patient)
- Float32 Shaders by Cameron Sneed, aka jjwalker (makes this pretty game prettier and faster ... must have)
- GhillieSuit, SVD and SVU skins from GhillieSuit_Svd_v1.2 and one of 3 G36 skins in this mod from Advanced World Weapons v.2.0 by giv_em_hell (an awesome suit and great weapons textures)
- tho I had to completely remake the spawn file some of monsters’ coordinates and supporting files are still from excellent M_BCCF Mod 2.0 for GSC v.1.0003 by LLSNeitrino
- vehicles’ coordinates and vehicle supporting files from Vehicle Enhanced 1.0 for GSC v.1.0003 by tampoux
- skies and rain textures from STALKER Skies by Cambragol (looks more like a real rain coming down from really cool skies)
- CarryMod 3 by save (use Shift+F instead of a forklift to move/drag stuff around ... explosives and fuel cans included in this edition)
- new advanced scope lenses from Advanced Scopes by Domm2405 (aka Smirnoff CCCP) featured on some weapons (specifically check uniques with integrated scopes to see these great lenses)
Extended Credits and Recognition :
For (natasha8384) My Inspiration in this mod - basix_gfxmv_2
2011_01_28_Stalker_Music_Overhaul - Author Unknown
better_items_with_wolf / Author 2008 - Leszek Pasternak (Elvis Scatter/Szosownik)
FlashLight_Range_Mod / Author ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Helicopter Mod - Author Unknown
Horrormod 0.2 - Thanks to Dancal
Horrormod 0.3 -Author Thanks go to Proton, Chao7, TREG and MrKlorox :)
Improved Artifacts.v1 - Author - Strikor
No More fences 1.0 - Author dez0wave
Random Stashes Version: 1.2 Author: nandersen/EggChen
scarification_v1_for_stalkershoc /Author - epij
sky4ce_skygraphics_mod_v1.78 Credits:- Sky4CE: HLSL coding, textures, etc.- HelviS: Testing
stalker_quest_mod_by_azzerby Azzer (www.bushtarion.com : admin at bushtarion dot com)
Modification for 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl' by GSC Game World
swo_v3.1_lite :Author ( trojanuch )
Please note :This mod is a testimony of the work that the Dedicated modders put into each mod to have a wonderful Stalker experience . I merely combined a few good ones togethor , and share no recognition on my part , for all the work that all of these great modders have performed on a grande scale to make stalker Clear Sky a Great Adventure .
This mod is permitted to be used in any combination as they were freely admitted for the same iniative ."This can be used as long as credit is given" to the Author of Each Mod if stated.