Hi all . We all hated how ugly vanilla BI looked . So one day, i decided to enhance it's looks with units from an old russian mod, Pax Barbarica . Now, with this mod, all units look cool and pretty and also it fixes various other things and enables some other things . Hope you all enjoy this mod for BI .
- Enhanced looks for pretty much all units
- New units for factions with limited rosters ( Saxons, Berbers, Celts ) and for all factions too .
- All factions available for playing in campaign map, with it's faction map in selection screen, faction leader icon and faction description .
- Officers and standard bearers for all units including mercenaries and rebels
- Pantheon for Paganistic Temples .
- Lost skins inside BI folder finally will find a use , Skins for saxons, celts,nomads etc .
1. Unpack content of the archive to your Rome - Total War folder. A folder bi-vanilla-mod will appear inside your game folder, near EXE file. It won't interfere with any of vanilla files and will not overwrite anything. This is a modfolder required for mod to work. It needs BI 1.6
2. Either just run the Executable.bat from inside bi-vanilla-mod folder, or make a shortcut manually for RomeTW-BI.exe on your desktop, right click for Properties and add the following to the end of the "Object" field:
Q: What do i need to run this mod ?
A: You need RTW Barbarian Invasion 1.6.
Q: Will there be a second release?
A: No, this mod is done .
Q: Can i do a sub-mod for this mod and release it to the public?
A: You can make a sub-mod for your own personal use, but you are not allowed to release it to the public.
Q: Why this mod has vanilla colours and it's not historicall accurate ?
A: This mod enhances vanilla looks and fixes some things in the gameplay . We didn't wish for it to be more historically accurate, just more fun to play .
Q: Why the map hasn't been changed and it's the same, old, boring map ?
A: I'm not a mapper, so i couldn't do much . Also i worked, mostly alone, without a team .
Q: Why you didn't use the BI mundus magnus map ?
A: This would make the Sassanids go on a rampage and be overpowered .
Q: There are still some skins that look bad . Why ?
A: Unfortunately i couldn't do much for some skins, im not a good skinner or modeller .
This mod is the work of Crazyroman . If you wish to upload to another site for downloading you will have to communicate with me and if I give you permission you can do it.
Don't steal. If you want to take something from this mod for your own mod please communicate with me.
No sub-mods for public release are allowed.
- AlxCruel and Dick for Pax Barbarica mod and their beatiful skins and some other stuff
- Barbarossa for VBM BI
- Bugfixer by Player1
- m@mluk for new_standard_bearer_for_BI mod
- N. Lanjane for skinning, suggestions, uploading, channel on Discord and for patience
- Robbe Aerts for the executable and for officer, that unfortunately got out of the game and can't be used ( it was a tribune not a centurion, sorry )