An Advanced & Highly Customisable Elite Dangerous Thrustmaster Warthog Script + ED Bindings Pack that utilises Modifiers, allowing for all commands to be easily accessible on the HOTAS. Includes many Quality of Life features to get the most enjoyment out of ED!
Updated for Beyond 3.7 "Fleet Carriers" 2020
For Full Detailed Guide Please Visit:
Aussiedroid's Enhanced Warthog Script Steam Guide
You can also get beta builds/latest from GitHub.
Includes Enhanced Features:
- Three Tier PIP Management Hat Switch offering different presets depending how long you hold down the button. (Optional configurations also available for a Two Tier PIP system & also default One Tier PIP system configurable in the preferences)
- Auto-Docking Request procedure.
- Auto-Repair/Refuel/Restock ship 'Hangar Automation' for Stations, Settlements & Fleet Carriers.
- Full LED Lighting implemented for core Ship Systems, plus full LED Backlight manual control for the Throttle.
- Three Joystick Curve & Throttle Mode Presets that can be configured on-the-fly.
- Complete Integration of 3rd Party Tools/Keys, inc. TrackIR, Steam, Video Capture, Voice Comms & Voice Attack.
- Proper implementation of the dual stage trigger on the Joystick.
- Repeater Fire (Auto-fire) on Primary & Secondary Fire Buttons.
- Automatically fire a Heat Sink when entering Silent Running (Can also be fired separately). *NEW*
- Comms Panel Auto-Response System. An upgrade offering up to 12 pre-configured text chat responses mapped to Joystick to assist with quick responses for general day-to-day interactions. *NEW*
- Dim your Throttle Backlights auto when you enable your Ship/SRV Lights.
- Frame Shift Drive & Super Cruise engage on Throttle @ 100%. Millennium Falcon style! (Enabled only with Modifier to ensure full control)
- FA OFF like a boss!, with automatic sensitivity adjustment mod in toggle mode.
- Safety Rating A++, Improved Safety Features, including limiting access to Ship Boost based on presets or IDLE lock, additional combination required for Jettison All Cargo to prevent mishaps & disabling Throttle when IDLE is enabled. Nothing critical to the ship can be accidentally pressed.
- Defensive Pattern Delta: An advanced withdraw tactic from combat that will retract your hardpoints, set PIPs to defensive & attempt to Supercruise/High Wake out.
- Everything is mapped! Practically everything you can set in Elite Dangerous Controls has been added to the Warthog, plus the hidden shortcuts to control your FPS & Bandwidth displays and to Hide Your Ship's GUI.
- Fast Game Mode Switching!
- Fully Integrated Voice Comm support, offer both toggles & push-to-talk functionality for Internal ED Channel PLUS two External Voice Comm Channels (Discord, Ventrillo, Skype, OBS, Twitch etc).
- Fast Jump Next/Prev Sub-Systems to help find the Module you need.
- Efficient mapping design originally based off my 3301 generation X55 profile, that ensures frequent use keys are quick and intuitive to use while also enabling the complete key mapping offerings through layered modifiers & specific placement to ensure no conflicts.
- 21st Century Comforts: Dim your Throttle Backlights automatically when you enable your Ship/SRV Lights.
- Signal Light Sequence: Flash your Ship/SRV lights on & off. Short & Long sequence options available for a bit of fun! :)
- Take-Off Launch Sequence: Will set PIPs to 4xSYS, 2xENG, engage Vertical Thrusters for 4secs & retract Landing Gear. Works in both stations & planetary locations.
- Scripting files are properly formatted & contain full comments to help understand what the code is doing.
- DX Mapping & Conversion table also included in the Key Mapping file to help with changes.
- User Configurable Settings for easy script customisation.
- Support for Thrustmaster MFDs & TFRP Pedals, Virtual Reality HMDs & MFG Crosswind Pedals too!
- Start Software & 3rd Party Apps with Script Run.
- + More...
- Download & Extract the latest zip file pack. The Warthog Script can be run from any location.
All script files need to be in the same folder though.
- Open TARGET Script Editor, Open & Compile AD_ED_v4.x.x & then Edit AD_EDUserPrefs_v4.x.x.tmh.
Can be Run from TARGET GUI later.
- Edit User Preferences file, primarily the 'Core Hardware' variables (rest can be reconfigured on later runs)
SAVE & Close TARGET Script Editor when done editing.
Note: Most commands can be tested prior to starting the game using the Event Tester & Device Analyzer.
- Copy the Elite Dangerous Profile (.binds) from ED Bindings folder to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
- Copy the TrackIR Profile (Elite.Dangerous.4.x.AD.xml) from the TrackIR folder to:
- Set the Hotkeys in TrackIR; Pause Key to PAUSE, and Center to END.
Tick 'Exclusive' in TrackIR to autoload if you want.
- Set NVidia/AMD Capture Last 20mins Hotkey to ALT+F11 (as required). (Default causes conflict)
- Map any other 3rd Party Keybinds such as Voice Comm Apps (as required). (Setup Mic Behaviour in User Prefs)
- Edit ED-BAT Batch File and update the path/locations for any apps you use (as required).
- Open TARGET GUI & Run, and then Start ED Launcher OR alternatively run it automatically via the ED-BAT file.
- PLAY, and remember to select the AD Enhanced Warthog 4.x.x bindings in Elite Dangerous Config Menu, & APPLY.
- *If you are NOT running MFG Crosswind Pedals, map the missing axis/buttons under 'Other Mappings/Pedals' in the Legend in ED Controls Config, once loaded. Remember to Test!*
ALWAYS make sure the script is running as-well-as any other 3rd party tools prior to starting Elite Dangerous.
"I am a leaf on the wind!"
<!-- Used for easily cloning the properly namespaced rect -->