New specular effects have been added to ships for a shiny metallic look and radar markers have been added for navigation points and mission waypoints.
Version 1.508 is available for download and includes the following improvements and fixes:
- New specular effects added to ships for a shiny metallic look.
- Radar markers added for navigation points and mission waypoints.
- Physics system can now be customized to adjust the rate and maximum level of drift.
- Other graphics improved including star specific lighting.
- Error 94 message when using custom cockpits fixed.
- Framerate performance for slower systems greatly improved for menus.
- Missile lock retention bug for stealth devices fixed for multiplayer.
- Minor bug with threat level indicators not updating with the correct color level fixed.
- Bug causing the game to close back to the desktop at launch on some systems fixed.
- Scaling bug in briefing menu with custom ships fixed.
- Error 18 message on some configurations fixed.
To use the new custom physics settings, create a file in the game's default installation folder named 'physics.txt' and on the first line, enter the value you want to use for the rate of drift (essentially the level of mass in relation to the power of the IDS) in the first line and the value you want to use for the maximum per calculation in the second line. The default values are 0.1 for the rate and 0.02 for the maximum per calculation. If you want more drift, decrease the rate value and maximum per calcuation. 0.025 for rate and 0.005 for maximum are good for a high drift physics system.