This release adds a ready button, server-based replay watching, a bunch of bug fixes and more, and as usual an updated playable demo v1.2.1 is also available.
Arena Wars by exDream Entertainment - retail v1.2.1 patch
Changes in v1.2.1
This patch fixes only a couple of issues with v1.2 and allows now serverbased
* Ready button, all player have to click ready before host can start!
The host can no longer immediately start or has to ask every player if it is
ok to start now, all players can just press "Ready" and the host can start is
everyone is ready to go (all players are always informed about all ready
Notice: Only real players have a ready button, observers don't got them, who
cares about observers anyway (if they are ready or not).
* Fixed problem with online watching replays.
There were a couple of things wrong in v1.2, all fixed and improved now:
o Online watching is no longer screwed up (twice as many messages were
sent, everything was going like crazy), server does not touch replay data
o Up to 12 players (but also counting the replay players) can join and
watch an online replay, all chat, voice and webcam features and replay playback
work now nice :)
o If host leaves, another player gets host status and can control the
o Also improved resaving of replays for commenting them or adding a
webcam stream to it. Newer replays have also a new identification, if you load
older ones you will see a warning that the playback might be wrong (but it
works still ok in most cases)
o I fought long to fix all playerlist bugs with replay playback, 2 long
nights, not that this has anything to do with the features, but I just wanted
to tell you ^^
* Fixed problem for some people with the display initialization (anni666,
Iradex, etc. thanks for reporting). Now the older fine working v1.1 display
code is used again :)
* Fixed: When entering the serial, the button to login is not valid (e.g. if
serial was stored or when entering the first time)
Now button state is reseted when showing screen for first time.
Also fixed demo-button/full-button for usa serial.
Also last players are now remembered and stored even if something goes wrong.
Thx to netfreak for helping out trying to find that bug.
* Fixed replay saving, when game name contained '*' (thanks for some online
guys to create crazy game names)
* Fixed problem with serial deletion on client side, server always asked for
serial everytime the player wants to log on (authenticationErrorMessage stuff).
* Fixed bombing run/double domination bomb/key reset if unit dies, is was
reseted to start point if unit died while dropping bomb/key off to bombplace or
domination point. Thanks to n.SK)AIL for reporting that.
* Ladder games use always 5 captures and no timelimit, player can't change
that. You can always change to fun mode for all options.
* Fixed display bug for daily statistics, joining player were not displayed,
also there was a bug with the number of created players and accounts (not all
* Funmode and 3on3 are no longer rated as ladder games! Thx to n.SK)AIL for
* Remove ping display for leaved players (by fun screenshot from leba ^^)!
* Fixed: windowed mode startup command was changed/ignored when loading was
finished (by anni666)
Changes in v1.2
v1.2 introduces serverbased games and a whole bunch of new features.
Balance Changes: None (Hey, the game balance is pretty good right now, isn't
* Main feature: Serverbased Games All games run now directly on the server!
What does this mean for you?
. This fixes 100% of all Peer-To-Peer problems, Hosting problems, Router or
Firewall settings and problems.
. Because all games are managed by the Server, all games are also saved as
replays directly on the server. This feature is very cool if you search for
replays or have lost a replay, if played online, you will find it back! The
link for all serverbased auto saved replays is:
. The first logon to the AW Server for new Demo Users is now much simpler (no
more emails, no authentication, just click demo, enter your new
playername+password to create new player and join)
. All games and channels are updated much quicker now (every second)
. You can now join or create games in Only-Chat mode (all required data will
be loaded automatically). This is a very cool feature, just start
AWOnlyChat.exe and be online in a couple of seconds and you can join and create
games even in only chat mode (everything will be loaded and you will be
converted to a normal player).
. There are no more Settings for your listening port, UPnP Nat support, etc.
Options are now much simpler.
. All games will now allow observers by default, much more players can join
because each player only sends to the Server and saves enormous bandwidth this
way! Up to 12 Players can join a game.
. You will always be able to play with no lag if your connection is ok, only
players with very high fluctuating lag will notice lag at all. The complete
network code was rewritten to improve the online gaming experience.
. Chat playerlist does now fully support showing all players on the server
(including the playing players).
* AWMap and AWReplay files can now be opened directly with ArenaWars.exe
New command line params for ArenaWars.exe:
. "ArenaWars [replayname].AWReplay": Start this replay directly, you can also
use AWReplayManager.exe to start Replays. Just start it and doubleclick on a
. "ArenaWars Editor": Starts the editor (new empty map)
. "ArenaWars [mapname].AWMap": Start editor with this map
. You can also simply link the .AWMap and .AWReplay files with ArenaWars,
just right click on a file, select "Open with ..." and choose ArenaWars.exe as
the program to start these files (choose also "Always open with this program")!
* Allow to modify TexturePacks and create new ones with the texturepack editor
(nice for modders). The complete Editor in now available even in the demo mode
(just playing the maps is not allowed in demo mode)!
* There is now only 1 sub version number, only major updates will be released
from now on!
* Minimum handicap is now 100, by request from some players.
* Stopped deleting Player Accounts, all Player will stay on the server forever,
no matter how unused they are ^^
* Screenshot of the Statistics screen can be made now automatically. A request
by n.SK)AIL, especially useful for ESL, where you have to submit statistics
* You can now disable the description line in case you don't need it, makes the
screen a little bit cleaner. A request by some dude in the english feature
board (search yourself ^^).
* Cyclus is default map again.
* --done for BETA1--:
* Fixed some OpenGL release bugs (textures, display lists, wrong order of
releases, etc). The creator of glIntercept did email me and notified me about
these glitches, thanks ;) Hopefully this will also resolve some problems for
players having troubles when starting up.
* Fixed bug when clicking Internet mode, but canceling then, using other modes
sometimes did not work anymore.
* Fixed bug when login on the AWServer for the first time with only .NET 1.0
installed (used GetAddressBytes, which is not available in .NET 1.0), works now
with an alternative (like the rest of the socket stuff).
* Fixed away stuff (again, when already in away mode, it got canceled
* /IsSameAccount server command did not work except when parameters where given
comma-seperated, works now either way (spaces or commas). Feels now like the
other commands. Shortcut: /isa
* No more message error boxes will be displayed for the StartGame screen and
when playing unless absolutly nescessary. Most of the time a very small or
minor bug or error did display a big ugly message box and scared people ^^
* If item gets lost when unit dies, give item back to player (this happens only
if item could not be applied, if a item like fog protection was applied, it
still counts normally. This is most likly only useful for the Shield item).
* Fixed german text bug when logging in: "einlogggen" (german login screen)
with 3 g's (by german board user)
* Esc did not only abort enter chat line, but also PlayerViews or entered the
game menu. Esc now handles only 1 thing (as it should be).
* Replay autosaving did not saved all player names in filename correctly (mp
only). Also replays are now saved in a very descriptive way (name, map,
players), much more informative.
* Fixed bug which showed green damage bar all over the screen of dead units
* Artilleries will not be build up automatically anymore (it just sucks if you
want to move them)
* Fixed intro movie playback: Playback works now perfectly with wmp9 and 10, so
if you got any problems, just download windows media player 10 from here.
Playback will stop now when intro is finished (waited sometimes infinite until
user pressed something).
* The installer now finds out the last used arena wars directory automatically
and repairs it, if it is saved wrong.
* --done for BETA2--:
* Server IP+Port is now fixed, some people had problems using the first beta
because of wrong local server settings.
* Fixed: game ends if player (or observer) leaves, also a lot of strange
problems happend a player did not receive any game messages anymore (but
playerview messages), another one did not receive any ping, but was able to
play for a while, until he lost contact with server.
* Fixed: voice and webcam messages seem not to work at all (get not
* Fixed: when in only chat mode, create game is still gray (can't create game)
* Improved: for heavy lag it is not very pleasent (we should increase response
time a little) Especially when player is lagging the gameplay appears much
* Improved: Rewrote socket code to similar fast code as P2P socket code before.
Some server optimizations were not so good for fast response times when
playing (ping is much better now).
* Fixed: Player did get kicked if sending to much data, server allows now much
more data (for voice and webcam support). Also the random kicks should be fixed
* No solution yet: From some players in the board: No response/crash bug when
game ends and statistics are shown (works fine when music is disabled), happens
usually after a couple of games?
* Fixed: Also some ppl have problems with the intro, don't show error message
all the time!
* Fixed: Demo users can full version users don't get confused by the server
anymore (this perhibited some people to logon).
* Fixed: Lots of error messages on server, errors when updating games and when
player are quiting! Also improved interaction of the Beta Server and the
normal server (which are interfering quite a lot).
* Not completly fixed: Local game list sometimes shows an old game or removes a
still existing game if the original host left the game (has maybe something to
do with that fact).
* AWEditor.exe is now included, you can start the editor directly or even drag
and drop files onto this file to start the editor with this maps (works also
with linking or dragging on ArenaWars.exe).
* Added Idea from ani666: Fun mode with $2000 (this doubles number of possible
units), extra checkbox in startgame screen
* Added Idea from n.SK)AIL: Consider changing to battle net/ELO like ladder!
All players start at 1000 and get +-50 point per game (25 usually). Maybe
already for v1.2?
* --done after BETA2 for final v1.2--:
* Fixed computer artillery behaviour, was building up/down to often!
* Fun mode with $2000 (double number of possible units), extra checkbox in
startgame screen The fun mode does not count as a ladder game.
* Changed to ELO ladder system, see Ladder Ranking Information.
* Auto-Balancing Flag-Carrier speed for 2-4 captures difference.
2 cap more: -5% flag carrier speed, +5% for -2 cap player
3 cap more: -10% flag carrier speed, +10% for -3 cap player
4 or more cap more: -15% flag carrier speed, +15% for -4 cap player
* Fixed: Bug in some maps with warpgates: Units get stuck and can get out of
warpgate if there is no place.
* Fixed: Plyon/Bomb is not returned in warpgate if unreachable. Also Flag
return logic should be less dramatic, if unit dies in front of warpgate, flag
is still reachable and should not be returned.
* Fixed: If EnumDisplayModes fails, AW ignores it and uses a default display
list (by ani666)
* Fixed: wav imports do now work if they contain weird chunks (loading was
aborted before with "invalid file format")
* Fixed: no need to restart background replay when logon to aw server! this
speeds up things a little.
* Fixed: win.mp3 gets sometimes played when lossed? will now be double checked
before statictics screen pops up and win/lose music starts playing. Also fixed
win/lose logic if some player leaved before end.
* Fixed: Replay playback does not work with observer stuff (e.g. for tutorials)
Replays work now fine again, when containing observer playerview, voice or
webcam data. Also fixed playing the BR and DD tutorial maps.
* Fixed: for very high lags (more than a couple of seconds) the game has to
keep up all the time and playing back game content, which worked good in v1.2
Beta2, but the playback was not as good as normal lagfree gaming, so a little
smoothing high lag values is now enabled.
* Fixed: Arena Wars v1.0.0 (german release version) and Arena Wars v1.0.5
(english release) can now be patched automatically without any warning
* --Fixes AFTER the release of v1.2 (done on serverside, all client side
changes will come in the next patch)--
* Allow demo users to use all account, was problematic with old demo users!
* Fixed problem with more than 2 players in a game
You got an error like: Connection Refused: Player name already exists in this
game, 2 players can't have the same name, please rename!
* Fixed empty games, no map loading (when starting game there could be errors)
Server sends now full gamesettings if host don't send gamesettings (due a bug
* Not working right now: Watching replays with more than 2 watching players in
it. Sorry. Will be fixed as soon as possible.
* Fixed /IsSameAccount command, returned always error
* Fixed serversided replay saving if some playerdata is missing
* Fixed calculation of ladder points we can get in ladder list (worked already
in chat and with server commands), clientside fix (not included in v1.2 yet)!
* Fixed early leading player leave situtation (give him still a loss now,
leaving before the game is over means giving up).
Changes in v1.1.0
Balance Changes (this won't be noticed at all except in very special cases, so
plz don't complain!):
* Changed Walker Damage from 4/45 to 5/52 per shoot.
* Changed Upgraded Walker Damage from 6/70 to 7/74 per shoot.
* Changed Buggy Behaviour when executing special, unit does now only lose 25%
special energy (was 100% before) and can jump a little further (+1 field). In
general the effect is the same, but this allows you to take the risk and jump a
little further and not hitting that good. Also when ordering from somewhere
else, canceling the special does not longer require the unit to wait for a long
time until you can order a new self-destroy target.
* Increased Buggy Self-Destroy Damage slightly from 220/400 to 250/400
* Increased Upgraded Buggy Self-Destroy Damage slightly from 260/600 to 300/600
* Changed lag behaviour, game will hold much earlier when players are lagging,
but the lag screen is not shown immediatly.
* Included ESRB Rating into the logo intro video for the english demo (v1.1.0),
not really a useful "feature" ^^
* New default language is now always english (was german before), also made
installer much easier for english folkz.
* Fixed bug when pressing tab in chat screen, first word is now correctly
converted to player name.
* Autosave filenames go now 001_, 002_, 003_, etc.
* Corrected mousespeed when aborting replay (value is not longer so big)
* Fixed bug which canceled own away mode after 5 minutes sometimes.
* Fixed a minor singleplayer bug (start button was useable in certain
situations, but direct clicking was not possible)
* Fixed video playback on systems with corrupt amovie.ocx file (works now via
WMP9, maybe this has something to do with sp2.
WMP9 codecs, etc. gets automatically installed when installing Arena Wars)
* Fixed problem with french language when language graphics are missing, works
now much better, no errors anymore ^^
Changes in v1.0.9
* Supporting missprinted serials from USA (14 symbol serials), works only if
you got an USA version and have a 14-letter serial!
* Improved support for other languages, if some files are missing or corrupt AW
will automatically repair them!
* Fixed little bug when fading in/out the chatscreen, works now better with
* Fixed some language bugs in french and russian, especially in the editor.
Also added french and russian texts for the demo missions!
Changes in v1.0.8
* Changed Item Respawn Time back from 100-120 seconds to 90-110 seconds
* Also changed start-respawn time back to similar times (e.g. green is now same
time as in v1.0.6):
- 30 seconds for green
- 35 seconds for red
- 40 seconds for yellow
- 50 seconds for blue
* Changed Destroyer teleport special reload time from 45s to 50s.
* Changed Upgraded Destroyer teleport special reload time from 60s to 65s.
* Changed Number of times Upgraded Destroyers can teleport from 3x to 2.5x
(you have to wait a short while before teleporting again after 2 teleports).
* French demo got now french mission texts, removed also some graphic texts in
german/english for better localization.
* Increased effect sizes for the Multiplayer Ping, Attack Box, Selection Box
and Message Box effects on the minimap, better visible now.
* Fixed black screen freze in v1.0.7 when no cd was inserted (demo mode), but
singleplayer was clicked in the full version (in demo this worked).
* Fixed bug with localized versions (french/russian/etc.) when bombing run or
double domination was called differently, now all modes work fine in
* Fixed upgrade building damage bug, units did only a percentage of the damage
to the upgrade building.
Now units make normal damage against upgrade buildings again (seems like this
bug was caused by the changed Upgrade building damage range to make Ion-Cannon
and Asteroid-Attack weaker in v1.0.7).
* Fixed problem in pause/lag mode which made it impossible to chat until the
game was continued. Now the replay-chat feature is used in pause/lag mode, it
will not be recorded into the replay and will even work if some players are
disconnecting or having connection problems.
* Observers can't continue the game anymore if player paused the game (only
players can unpause if player paused).
* Fixed initialized webcam which did continue to work even when just disabled
* Fixed exception when map loading failed (player initialization failed)
* Esc does not abort loading if loading just started (will not abort loading if
Changes in v1.0.7
* Decreased Spider Damage from 32/5 to 30/4
Decreased Upgraded Spider Damage from 36/7 to 34/5
* Decreased Walker Damage from 5/46 to 4/45 (killing berserker a lot harder
Decreased Upgraded Walker Damage from 7/70 to 6/70 (still good against
* Increased Artillery Hitpoints from 292/665 to 399/731
Increased Upgraded Artillery Hitpoints from 452/771 to 505/851
* Increased Item Respawn Time from 90 seconds to 100-120 seconds
New items will respawn after 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 minutes,
just letting units stay there is not very effective!
* Also changed start-respawn time from 30 seconds to:
* 40 seconds for green
* 45 seconds for red
* 50 seconds for yellow
* 60 seconds for blue
* Asteroid attack changed from 120/90 to 150/75 (now very effective against
light hitpoints) asteroid attack range changed from 1.8 to 1.5
* Ion cannon changed from 380/490 to 200/600 (now very effective against heavy
hitpoints) ion cannon attack range changed from 1.75 to 1.5
* Increased Upgrade building Hitpoints from 3192/1064 to 4655/1330
* Buildings only take half the damage from Ion cannon or Asteroid attack now
* New default map is Lost Temple (2on2, FFA, 1on1, all very much fun on this
* New rename feature, just type /rename and you rename your player account!
* Only last item gets overwritten when collecting more than 5 items (does not
Also the positions are now fixed for all items, so you don't have to worry
moving your mouse up/down when collecting new items.
* Connection test at login on server, you will get an message from the server
if you are not reachable for other players.
This helps a lot of people to see if their firewall settings are working.
* Show size of voice and webcam data when saving replay.
* New Pause Feature!
Automatically showing lag-screen (Waiting for player if nothing received last
You can also pause the game yourself, every player is able to pause the game
Every player can continue the game if he wants to.
* All players will be put in same channel is player number is low.
* Allow players to stay much longer active on server (+20 days instead of +10
days now). Now players stay active for at least 20+games*2 days!
* "Blocky" game feature in pause, very cool
* Unit icons are now at the bottom of screen, noone looks above!
* Show all server players in channel list (if less than 64 players), even the
ones currently in a game!
* New maps (check out the Maps\NewMaps\ folder):
* Lost Temple
* Last Crusade
* We also put some 1on1, 2on2, BR and DD maps in the multiplayer folder (from
the other folders), this way its much easier to select maps quickly
* Fixed OpenGL initializiation code for WinMe and old drivers ("Overflow or
underflow in the arithmetic operation" error in glSet3DCtxt) any errors when
setting current context are now ignored after the first successful
initializiation. Dunno why, but some old drivers (ATI, SiS) just respond
errors, but do continue to work anyway, just strange!
* Fix bug with units staying around and not shooting, especially when coming
out of the teleporter. This happend only at rally point, now all units come
out with an attackmove order (which is very good to defend of units staying
near our start position)
* Fixed upgrade building bug in gladiator (2on2 ctf map) in lower right
* Fixed wglMakeCurrent exception on WinMe: FatalError:
System.ArithmeticException: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
* German language bug "Spieler ist derzeit "Online"" was shown after player
* German language bug: "Oberserver" instead of "Observer"?
* Fixed replays dates, not longer always current date, which is wrong!
* Made generated font bigger for russian, but not to big for e.g. korean!
* Black buggies bug, load other texture first (now another unimportant texture
is now loaded)!
* Autosave does now work correctly in SP, Comps are not counted, using the
mission name now.
* Fixed voice stuff, if something does not work, just disable/enable voice with
clicking on the icon to reinitialize!
* Send voice and webcam data only if connection to player is ok
* Fixed network error after logo upload and webcam/voice problems, was not
shown, game stopped
* Buggy can't no longer jump out of maps, its now impossible to select anything
outside the map!
* New generate AW logo pic feature if importing images from anywhere on the
The image gets automatically get resized and imported into your playerlogos
directory (including the option to grayscale it and adding contrast to make it
* Away, Dnd, DndF Modes (in chat) and GameModes (in replay manager) are now
* Improved patcher and fixed update language issues, does not output heavy
errors for patches when just language file was missing!
* Fixed first start screen for longer strings (french)
* Fixed country selection in player profile
Fixed server update (was always reseted to global country)
Fixed transparency at display, made country image bigger
Fixed problem with long names in german
* Allow only updated clients to join server (only v1.0.7 and later is allowed)
* Fixed bug found by russians in sp with name/map/mode descriptions
also fixed " of " language bug in game when showing unit help
fixed bug when Lan text in menu graphics where longer than in english (rest
was cut off)
Fixed main menu graphics reloading when changing language
* Fixed bug that displayed team names when watching ffa games/replays
* Fixed last second joining error when hosting
if some player was joining in the last second before the game started, he
might get added by the host (most likly as an observer), but it is not
guranteed that he will stay in the game. for this reason the host will only
allow fully connected players allow to participate in the game (all players are
checked anyway when starting).
* Fixed Reverse connection, loading 0% bug (found by starlight)
Also changed it from 10s to 4s for reverse connection initiation.
* Fixed Starting own game bug (found by starlight) and then getting kicked
* Fixed: when lagging, its not possible to continue, voice did continue to
* Fixed: after kick host did get lose (somehow both reported win, no disc)
If both report win anyway (both disc, but still online), take player with
This fix includes also some other fixes with wrong game reporting, which
still happend in v1.0.6
* Fixed: starlight tank beam bug (teleporting directly from flag into warpgate
when exit is blocked)
Now teleport does no longer go directly to own flag (which was very strange
* Fixed: Rebuild lag screen handling, when game ends we often see lag screen,
also reporting is wrong
* Fixed bug found with help of razamb when joining game, leaving and the other
players play a normal game, we get still win/loss for it!
* Fixed: Only getting 5 points instead of 6 when playing against one with 1
* Fixed: logo download in replay from replay player, wtf?
* Fixed: Lag screen kick is now a real kick, only host can kick (in Beta1 only
the second click really kicked player)!
* Fixed editor importing heightmap and texturemap (several bugs, found by
* Warning: Replays are not longer compatible, you can still load and play them
back but you get a warning message when loading an older replay than v1.0.7.
Obviously v1.0.7 replays can't be played with earlier versions (v1.0.0-v1.0.6)
* Fixed buggy mipmapping loading (buggy was little to sharp in beta1 ^^)
* 2on2 tested in Beta3 (thanks to Kugelf@ng+robobob), works now smooth even
with some lag
* Fixed return from Auto-Away, works now when typing or clicking anything.
* Changed copy protection for the french final version, also changed behaviour
for demos and stuff.
The new copy protection check is now a little bit faster and causes less
problems when loading.
Changes in v1.0.6
There were some balancing changes and minor issues, mostly only the website and
server was updated.
* There are a lot of game balance changs, especially for the bigger units.
Anyway, most player won't even notice any difference.
* Increased Buggy Self-Destroy damage from 180/340 to 195/345 (easier to hit
Increased Buggy Self-Destroy flying speed from 0.125 to 0.15 (easier to hit)
Decreased Buggy Self-Destroy damage range from 1.33 to 1.25 (you have to
target more percisely)
Increased Buggy Size for hitrange from 0.6 to 0.7 (receives more damage from
Increased Upgraded Buggy Self-Destroy from 200/500 to 220/500 (easier to hit
Decreased Upgraded Buggy speed from 2.6 to 2.5
Increased Upgraded Buggy Size for hitrange from 0.6 to 0.7
* Decreased Spider Speed from 2.05 to 2.0 (make it equal with Berserker)
Decreased Spider Hitpoints from 585/113 to 558/113 (1 hits less for Berserker
Increased Walker Size for hitrange from 0.8 to 0.9 (receives more damage from
Decreased Upgraded Spider Speed from 2.225 to 2.15
Decreased Upgraded Spider Hitpoints from 771/146 to 731/146
Increased Upgraded Walker Size for hitrange from 0.8 to 0.9
* Decreased Walker Damage from 5/50 to 5/46 (3 hits more for killing a
Increased Walker Speed from 1.95 to 2.0 (make it equal with Berserker)
Increased Walker Size for hitrange from 0.8 to 1.0 (receives more damage from
Decreased Upgraded Walker Damage from 8/72 to 7/70
Increased Upgraded Walker Size for hitrange from 0.8 to 1.0
* Increased Berserker Damage from 60/12 to 66/13
Increased Upgraded Berserker Damage from 60/12 to 66/13
* Increased Artillery Hitpoints from 266/611 to 292/665
Decreased Artillery Build up/down time from 1.4s to 1.0s (much more mobile)
Decreased Artillery Minimum Range from 3.5 to 3.0
Increased Artillery Rotation Speed from 1.25 to 1.33
Increased Artillery Healing per Second from 40/60 to 45/65
Decreased Artillery Size for hitrange from 1.6 to 1.0 (Artillery will receive
far less damage from surrounding splash damage and global effects)
Increased Upgraded Artillery Hitpoints from 425/744 to 452/771
Decreased Upgraded Artillery Build up/down time from 1.4s to 1.0s (much more
Decreased Upgraded Artillery Minimum Range from 3.5 to 3.0
Increased Upgraded Artillery Rotation Speed from 1.25 to 1.33
Increased Upgraded Artillery Healing per Second from 40/60 to 45/65
Decreased Upgraded Artillery Size for hitrange from 1.6 to 1.2 (less splash
* Increased Power Supply Hitpoints from 1995/4655 to 2261/5054 (also applies to
other modes in same rate as ctf)
Increased Power Supply Protected time after Re-build from 25 seconds to 50
seconds, total protection time is 65 seconds (15 sec rebuilding)!
* New default map is Caldera, matches here are not as fast as usual, but still
very much fun and even more strategic.
* Added ladder ranking on the website, a lot of server statistics and
playerinfo picture generator. Check out the Ranking Section.
* If your ally steals the enemy flag you will now see "flag was stolen from xy
* Automatically put player to away mode if not doing anything for 5min or so
(in the chat screen), you get reactivated when typing again!
* Changed behaviour of the voice/webcam icons, now left and right clicks toggle
through the modes and the advanced options are available with ALT (e.g.
toggleling voice effects). Also the own webcam will now gets disabled when in
not-sending mode (more natural).
* Resaving Replays is now possible to change or add audio commentary voice
* You can now select your country in your player profile, also used in all
* New feature: autoreplay saver: save all games with
id_map_playernames.AWReplay in the Replays\AutoSaved\ directory if you forgot
to save a replay, this way no replay gets lost. Just check out that folder for
all the replays, but be sure to delete some big files from time to time
(especially the ones containing a lot of voice and webcam data).
* Added feature to allow pressing tab to complete playername in channel,
similar to mIRC you can now press tab to complete any typed word to a
playername, you can even type a part anywhere in the name and pressing tab will
find the best match for you!
* Replay watching in multiplayer online does now work correctly, not connecting
to replay players anymore.
* Replay apm values fixed when replay is aborted.
* Game will not get reported if it went out of sync at all players, also bigger
screen message added for out of sync!
* Changed game remove behaviour to remove games with content instead of index,
should work better now
* When quitting AW, it remembers if you were full user in internet mode and
does not show nag end screen anymore.
* Webcam is not shown anymore if was enabled in one game and is disabled in the
* Fixed 0% bug in v1.0.5 when reverse connect stuff happening, also displaying
now if something did not complete loading/uploading/downloading (l for loading,
mu for map upload, md for map download, ru for replay upload, etc.)
* Single click on banner does not open webpage anymore, you need to doubleclick
* It is not longer possible to change any game settings when game is starting!
This includes adding comps, removing comps, kicking players, changing handicap,
* Server commands help fixed, did not work for followlist (this command does
not exists anymore) and comparePlayers (which is actually called
compareToPlayer, but works now even with comparePlayers), also added help
* Fixed server stored messages shown as "server" bug when receiving multiple
server stored messages!
* When typing /f m or /f msg no more server stored messages are produced, it is
now used the same way as /f w, /f whisper.
If you want to send a server stored message to your friends use /f mail. This
behaviour is now more similar to /f m from the battle.net
* If changed resolution while loading, your change is now accepted and not
reseted when finished loading
* Server does not force disconnect anymore if player sends leave game to late
(was not send in game), leaving works now nicer
* Allow pressing Esc to quit game or replay (shows the game menu, pauses in
Changes in v1.0.5
The main issue was the network bug for more than 2 players in v1.0.4.
* Changed Destroyer max. Teleport Range for 2 Teleports from 100% to 110% if
second teleport is carrying flag (see v1.0.4). Only 100% did sometimes not
allow even with a perfect executed double teleport trick to get anywhere
* Fixed bug which let flag return counter, which continued counting down even
if the enemy has lost the flag (this could lead into returning the enemy flag
after timeout, but the own flag is not returned). Now the counter goes only
down if both players have the flag! This allows of course a new dangerous trick
to stop the countdown by killing your own flag carrier (giving you more time to
return your own flag, but its dangerous because the enemy flag lies just on the
ground, easy to pick up for the enemy!)
* Flags are timed out after 3 minutes (this had not changed, only the timeout
message was wrong), the timeout message is now fixed to 3 minutes!
* Minimap Color Mode and Show Allied Mouse Cursors is now saved into the
* New patches will now always have a different default map, playing always
cyclus is not that exciting, the default map for v1.0.5 is "The Ring" (-;
* Fixed OutOfSync and Network-Streaming Bugs, games with more than 2 players
were getting out of sync pretty fast after some time and did make it unplayable
:( If someone is interessed to know: It took my more than 2 days to find out
that the whole network code was 100% intakt and working, but for more than 1
connected player the same network streaming buffer was used and when 2 messages
arrive at the same time the buffer was getting filled with mixed data. Deleting
one single "static" keyword did the trick .. omg!
* Improved NAT UPnP Behaviour, for some stupid reasons the ListeningPort was
not actualized when the default port was not available, should work more nicely
* Fixed ladder reporting again, reporting and leaving game is now seperated. If
some player disconnects the server will now again decide the result and give
the remaining player a win!
* Improved error handling, over 90% of all errors happend because the
playerlist was killed or corrupted due an invalid network message, now the old
list is restored and will let other stuff to continue without this mass errors!
* Fixed reporting when blue team had won, server always thought blue team has
lost and was giving only between 2-6 points instead of 2-10 points, now fixed!
* Fixed wrong server message when player is older than games*2-10 days, player
is deleted after games*2+10 days, not -10 days.
* Improved the AWPatcher a little, error messages are now off, they didn't help
* Fixed english tutorial replays, last sentence was played twice (wrong
Changes in v1.0.4
* Fixed berserker energy storm bug (again) which allowed to set new target
* Fixed destroyer teleport issues, see v1.0.3, it really works now that way ^^
The total range for 2 Teleports is now 100% (down from 125%) when second
teleport is carrying a flag, this fixes a lot of issues on small maps where it
was still possible to teleport down from a cliff and back up with the flag.
* Applying a blue item does not longer kill any existing green/yellow item on
the unit, this only happens for Virus, which kills all green/yellow items
* Toxic Missle does not affect artillery healing anymore (was infecting own
* Patch Server works not longer on http base, everything is socket based now.
It was just annoying that some people had always problems with their Internet
settings, proxies, wrong Internet Explorer LAN-Settings, whatever. Now it
works completly different and uses Port 6113 (just works).
* You can now use "/r " to speak with with the last person you where already
whispering to or who was whispering to you. So instead of typing "/w
MasterOfTheUniverse Hi whats up?" you can just type "/r answer me!"
* You can now press Ctrl+R or Alt+R to immediatly jump to your rally point,
this is very useful to directly select newly build units and give them some
orders. Remember you can also use Space when a new unit is build, but Space
will always jump to the latest action, so when stealing a flag or making a
capture, it will jump to that unit!
* Showing now player statistics of existing players when new player is joining
* New Shift+Tab Minimap Unit Color Feature: Additionally to the default mode,
which shows own units in green, all other in normal color and to the enemy-red,
allies-yellow, own-green mode, there is now a new mode to show all unit colors
on the minimap normally, own units are not green when using this mode. Just
press Shift+Tab or press the Minimap-Color Changer Icon to toggle modes.
* The cycle through last 16 messages feature is not avialable in start-game and
in-game too, just press the up and down cursors to cycle through the last
messages you typed.
* Fixed stupid bug to use server commands in start-game and in-game (yeah it
was really stupid, instead of only allowing it when in internet mode, it was
forbidden only in internet mode)
* Fixed behaviour of restoring Screensaver when AW disabled it, works now
better on older windows versions.
* Fixed ladder reporting, also a complete ladder reset has happend (see
boards), another important change is that the server now is aware of the game
mode and can build different ladder lists for the website, which is still not
finished yet (coming soon).
* Fixed behaviour after attack ground, all new orders override the force attack
ground order, this was not possible before, e.g. when attacking ground and then
ordering an attackmove, the attack ground order was still active (and will not
stop until stop, move or hold is pressed).
* Fixed a VERY nasty bug when multiple packets are received and the 8k Buffer
is exceeded, if one or multiple messages are inside this 8kB packet (now 16kB),
they were executed and then put into the remembered buffer for the next
receiving block. This caused some messages to be executed twice.
* Fixed a bug with RefuseConnect messages sending wrong message length and
bringing the network stream out of order
* Rewritten the network sending code to allow asycron sending requests to send
big messages, there was sometimes an error if too much data was sent while the
socket buffer was full and could not handle more data, in v1.0.2 this forced a
disconnect, in v1.0.3 this error was just logged, but now the data is send
later (in the background) and only if a fatal error occurs the connection is
closed. This fixes some issues with logo download, webcam transmission and for
slow connection some connection problems!
* Also rewritten the communication between online server and clients in the
* Several other network issues are working now completly different and more
stable, asyncron sending is also more stable in case the connection gets lost.
* Logo/Map/Replay upload works now better too
* Mp3 loading or playback errors (if something with DirectMusic is wrong) do
not halt application anymore, errors are logged and then ignored. If you hear
no music, check out the logs and install the latest Windows Media Player if you
still have problems!
Changes in v1.0.3
* Fixed bug with ordering multiple ion cannons at the same time.
* Added several notification sounds when flag/bomb/dkey was stolen/used/etc.
* Artillery now little faster (10%) when stealing flag (was suposed to work in
v1.0.2, but didn't because of a bug when checking for artillery with flag)
* Changed behaviour of Double-Teleport-Trick of the Destroyer:
If 2 combined teleports are used (the so called Double-Teleport-Trick) only a
total distance of 125% can be used, so if the first teleport consumed 95% of
the allowed teleport distance only 30% can be used for the second teleport!
This means its not possible to double-teleport in small levels from the middle
to the enemy flagplace and back to the middle carrying the flag with 2
* Fixed bug with Berserker allowing to change special target after executing
energy storm and thus allowing the Berserker to perform its special even twice!
* Fixed item collect bug, which let player if smaller player number to get item
even when unit was not closest to the item place.
[Warning: Balance changes are noticed automatically in replays. Old replays
can still be played normally, but for heavy in-game-logic changes like the
behaviour of Double-Teleport or fixed bugs with the Berserker might let some
old replays become unsyncron if these tricks are used!]
* Added feature for setting mouse/keyboard scrolling speed, see
* Added feature to see all hitpoints of all units on screen when pressing Alt
* Added some following features which made it more clear if we are following
someone, e.g. you will see only the half icon when you just requested
* Server shows now automatically player statistics when new player joins a game
* Added some server commands and features:
- Friend icon in player list
- Returning back to home channel if kicked
- You can now compare with players in the top 100, playerlist or friendlist,
- Players in Channels have now 2 new features: player mode and ladder points
- The player mode shows like in the friends list if a player is a normal,
away, dnd or dndf state!
- The ladder points are useful for comparing, you can directly compare
yourself with just highlighting a player, see tooltip for ladder points and
comparing. Also notice the Player list is now always sorted by the ladder
points, this means the players around you are the best ones to play with
- Game list changes are now updated every second at client side, every 2.5
seconds at server side and are addtionally updated when clicking on games (fast
update), also fixed several issues which did not allow joining games just
because some settings were wrong (too many players, etc.)
* P2P Helper messages work now a lot nicer, also fixed several bugs which made
it impossible to create/join games after listeningPort was changed. Reverse
connect in combination with local connects work a lot nicer now.
* Server helps now better to connect clients to other clients (up to 4
different tries with each 2000ms until total failure).
* Added extra check for proxies in AWPatcher and AW when checking for updates.
* AWPatcher can now be used offline, in case checking for online update failed
AWPatcher will automatically install all downloaded patches/updates.
* If .NET 1.1 is corrupt or missing AW will rune fine now on .NET 1.0, some
network messages are handled a little bit slower, but it is possible to
* Changed network code to allow playing even when clients are not connected
properly (which is nicer than kicking players when starting a game), all
important game messages will be send to the host, only voice/chat/webcam
transmission between not-connected clients will fail!
* Network code was rewritten to allow staying connected after leaving game, if
still watching the statistics screen. This way players can communicate after a
* Fixed bug which allowed players to join a running game and made it out of
sync, joining a running game is not longer possible and you will get a
connection refused error msg.
* Fixed bug that caused players to be kicked when logo/map/replay upload failed
* Creating game if name does already exists is now possible, first the default
name (player name+"'s game") will be tried, and if that fails too we add
numbers until it works!
* Out of sync will not happen as easy as before, only heavy errors cause out of
* Added some network error messages at host to let him see if some clients have
* Improved editor and ingame scrolling with moving mouse to screen borders
* Improved selection range and selection height when unit is standing near
border of screen
* Improved hotkey management, now Ctrl/Alt hotkeys are handled seperatly
* Improved readability for whispering, made colors more bright, fixed some
issues with sending to friends
* Improved friend list, showing now only online friends at startup and when
typing '/f l'
* Improved buggy self destroy target point visibility, shows now always, not
only if buggy is nears
* Fixed bug when playing tutorials, only the default english tutorials were
played, now the language specific tutorials are used again ^^
* Fixed bug which allowed to send server messages in singleplayer and lan mode
* Fixed bug which showed attack selection box in background replays
* Fixed scroll to right bug in editor when mouse is pressed
* Fixed bug which didn't allowed to add new units to group with shift+group
number (like in wc3)
* Fixed bug with flying walker not teleporting to other side of warpgate when
* Fixed bug with stored wrong replay hash value in singleplayer
* Fixed bug when server player logo was locally deleted, player was not able to
change player logo
* Fixed bug which did not allow allied player to drive on friendly bombplace to
* Fixed bug that units on hold are still following attack targets