Ancient Magic Arts v.0.7 - Balance/bugfix update. Traits and items. Installer.
1. All mages have less cost of hiring(400 gold instead of 600) in attempt to force AI on high stages of game hire more mages. To compensate, upkeep cost is increased (400 gold/turn instead of 300).
2. Magic Statues and Magic Books have got siege missile tag, so it will fix problem with placing them too close to walls and preventing siege charge.
3. Magic Books are rebalanced. They are much lesser in numbers (4 engines per squad instead of 10 because long line of engines have problems with moving), casting spells on twice longer distance, spells travels 1.5 times faster, hits much larger area (20 instead of 3) and are not too precise.
4. I was walking as a spy for entire human life through central regions of map in attempt to monitore problems with spawning mages. Many of them appears enough often, but i never seen Statues. Seems that engine doesn't allows to hire siege towers (and only they can fire missile spree). Trying to resolve, but seems fatal.
5. All soldiers in AI formations got fire_at_will tag. This (theoretically must) disable skirmish mode of AI soldiers and ensure that all creatures with ranged weapon will automatically unleash its missiles on enemies.
6. Added installer which drops the MOD into desired folder.
7. Added 5-rank magic trait for generals and 5-rank magic antitrait. First one gives large command, line of sight and general's HP penalty, when compensating it by strong defense bonus, giving bonuses to movement speed and especially large bonus to defending walls. Second trait have reversed stats. Generals guarantee can change such traits in fights (wizards - defensive, warriors - agressive), and take with low chance when passively staying in towns and comes of age. These traits force creatures to decide playstyle and (should) prevent armies of generals.
8. Added 7 magic wands and 7 items from warrior's equipment. They give different bonuses as well as penalties. They can be taken only by coming of age.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.