Amra's Hyborian Age.
Amra's Hyborian Age for Civilization IV (Patch 1.61)
I made this mod because I like to change the default civ names & cities when I play ( Hyborian Age names being my favorite ). This mod is easier than having to type in the city names, etc every time I play. Anyway, this adds the Hyborian & Thurian Empires as well as 4 Rulers & 2 Unique Units.
This is by no means supposed to be an exact representation of the Hyborian Age as written by Robert E Howard. I did the best I could in the very limited free time I have. It looks nice to me and I have been an REH fan for 30 years.
Extract this file to your "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:Program FilesFiraxis GamesSid Meier's Civilization 4MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra's Hyborian Age v130". In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play. You may have to hold the shift key down when restarting Civ4 in order to clear the cache.
For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by me to the included xml files with the following:
Other Mods Included
ArchDuke by bhiita
Mercenary skin by unknown (Sorry & Thanks)
Red Slayers icon by C Roland
Extended Color Table by SimCutie
Thank you to the people mentioned above as well as ALL the modders at Civfanatics. You have made the game more enjoyable for me and I'm sure a lot of others.
Future additions if I can find the time.
- Add two custom maps, Hyboria & the Thurian Continent.
- More ruler specific responses.
- Compatible with Civ4 v1.61
- Changed Hyborian UU skin to match my ALH Modpack
- Something extra for the Conan fans out there
- Removed Black Legion UU so Hyboria would only have one UU like other civs
- Reduced stats on Black Dragons, they were a little too powerful
- Fixed problem with offscreen active unit icons for new UU's during gameplay
- Input missing Pedia entry for Red Slayers
- Changed xml edit markers to reflect correct name
- Checked spelling & cleaned up xml text file
- Removed extra leaderhead art file (not needed)
- Tweaked UU's abilities a little to make them different than regular units
- Fixed problem with new UU formations
- Fixed an annoying memory error when exiting to the desktop from within a game
- Initial version
- Civ - Hyborian Empire
- Civ - Thurian Empire
- Ruler - King Conan
- Ruler - Queen Zenobia
- Ruler - King Kull
- Ruler - Valeria (Yes, I know she wasn't a queen in the stories but I have always liked her character for RPG games and, as a whim, thought I would add her since I had a really nice picture I wanted to use. You may edit her out if desired)
- UU - Black Dragons (Hyborian Swordsman)
- UU - Black Legion (Hyborian Knight) [Removed in v1.2]
- UU - Red Slayers (Thurian Knight)
- Pedia entries for Civs, Rulers & UU's ( English only, sorry )
- Some ruler specific responses for Conan using quotes from REH stories