1.1 release for AoMDC - Remod. This Remod does not include the original AoMDC, so you would need to install that first.
- Item pickups rescaled. They don't look cartoonishly huge in the world anymore. This makes them a slight pinch harder to spot though, so pay attention well.
- Glock slide lowered a pinch. Finally got that bit sorted.
- Headcrab reskinned a bit to be hairless to fit with how the original model looked.
- GMGeneral floating thumb fixed. Extended the weapon handguard a bit and slightly adjusted the thumb position in the mesh.
- Some extra sounds added to replace the default HL1 ones. Additionally, already included sounds have been adjusted a bit to sound less familiar.
- Probably the biggest change that warranted the 1.1 name, highres HUD sprites. Everything from the title drop in the first map to the number fonts/weapon selection/ammo display in the ingame HUD has been enlarged and replaced/increased in resolution.
Remod is a mod for AoMDC that brings:
- Modified models, AoMDC already has HD models, but there's different models now along with the fact that there's no more holster/draw animations for reloading.
- Simple detail texturing for most of the textures, r_detailtextures must be set to 1.
Couldn't replace the actual textures since they're actually included in the BSPs and i still lack knowledge to modify them.
- Slight HUD changes, just the weapon icons to fit the new models, along with the fact that the battery icon now is affected by how many battery juice you have left.
- Modified UI, the main menu background image is made larger (less pixely), loading/pausing now uses custom graphics, and the letterboxing now works for widescreen (though the noise effect is unsalvageable).
- Sound changes, stuff like doors/weapons/items/etc.
- "Saved..." changed to give flickering effects.
- Install Afraid of Monsters DC first (as you would any other GoldSource based mod). This particular Remod is an addon, and will need the original to be installed before adding the addon pack on top.
- Extract the contents of AoMDCRemod to the "aomdc" mod folder in your Half-Life installation.
- Overwrite everything. If there's no prompt, then you're probably not in the right place.
- The mod adds simple detail texturing. Type "r_detailtextures 1" into the console to activate it.