This mod replaces the default leveling system with one that is streamlined and effectively handled in the background so you don't have to mess with leveing your character's stats anymore. I prefer Kobu's over this, but this is still better then vanilla O
What this mod does : :
The intention of this mod is to fix the annoying parts about Oblivion's Player leveling / advancement system and keep intact as much as possible in the spirit of the original game. To create a mod where you can play it and have fun and not worry about micromanaging X5 Multipliers, and be able to level up a character and not "GIMP" him by not training the right skills at the right times
This mod GUARANTEES you can max your characters skills, attributes, and level no matter HOW you play or create your character!
Attributes : :
Attribute growth : each attribute based on 3 skills (see manual for which skills affect which attributes)
Major skills affect attributes at a rate of .52, minor skills at a rate of .26
Attribute cap : 100 + racial, favored attribute, and birthsign modifiers
Instead of micromanaging your character to get X5 multipliers, all you need to do now is play the game naturally, your skill ups from normal activites will affect your Attributes on a weighted basis determined by skill type (Major or Minor.) Each skill only affects only 1 attribute, much like original Oblivion. The more majors skills you have for an attribute, the faster it will go up and cap, but you can still cap attributes with no majors.
Only one weapon skill is needed to raise your strength, as AF mod finds your chosen weapon and multiplies its influience X3 so that it acts as if its all 3 for the purpose of raising Attributes. Keep in mind this mod will favor weapon skills you have set as major when determining your chosen weapon (by a factor of .52 to .26)
Luck calculation : Every level your luck will go up between 0 and 2. This averages to 1 a level and the average will max your luck at level 50 - if this number is less than the average of your other attributes, than that number will be used instead. Also, luck will be uncapped (it can go over 100)
And Birthsigns that raise Attributes are actually useful now, they allow you to exceed 100 (as well as racial and favored attribute modifiers )
Skills : :
Skill growth : same as orignal
Skill caps : same as original
Skill level and rate of growth are exactly the same as original Oblivion. (except weapon skills which are slowed by 2/3 to make sure your strength doesnt grow too fast since only the one weapon skill controls it's growth) Racial skill mods do not allow one to exceed 100 in a skill. You receive perks at the same level you do in regular Oblivion.
You may use skill rate slowdown mods in conjuction with this mod with no ill effects. (changes to weapon skill rates will be overwritten however)
Level : :
Leveling is determined by one of 4 ways, which you may choose by equiping the "Ring of Choice" that is placed into your inventory shortly after you leave the Imperial Sewers (upon completion of tutorial quest step 90 (this is also the time when the mod scripts start processing): - NOTE you only need to equip the ring once, you may take it off after choosing.
1) Based on skills you have as Major Skills - with 10 skills per level and 50 levels max
2) Based on skills you have as Major Skills - with 15 skills per level and 35 levels max
For these 2 modes you go up a level when skills you have chosen as Major skills change by the listed amount
3) Based on skills you have as Specialization Skills - with 10 skills per level and 50 levels max
4) Based on skills you have as Specialization Skills - with 15 skills per level and 35 levels max
For these 2 modes you go up a level when skills you have chosen as Specilization skills change by the listed amount
5) Based on your attribute gains(except luck) - with 7 gains per level and soft cap of lvl 52ish (hard cap of 50 applies
6) Based on your attribute gains(except luck) - with 9 gains per level and a soft cap of lvl 42ish
For these 2 modes you go up a level when your attributes go up by the listed amount
You can change methods whenever you want to by re-equiping the Ring of Choice. Keep in mind though that you can NEVER DE-LEVEL by changing. So you may be lvl 18 by spec standards and lvl 4 by major standards, if you change from major to spec and then back to major, you will be stuck at lvl 18 till you your major skills catch up to your spec skills.
For Major and Spec leveling modes, minor skills also play a VERY minor role in the level of your character (approx 10% that of a major skill)
Derived Stats : :
Magicka & Stamina are calculated the same as original Oblivion. Health uses a formula that causes it to be your Endurance multiplied by 2 at level 1 and approximetly 650 at level 50 with 100 Endurance. This works out to be very much like the original Oblivion.
Other Notes : :
This mod does not require that you make a new character, although you most likely be unable to undo the changes once you have loaded your character into the mod and saved your game. It is compatible with all former versions of my mod , 1.73 and 1.74 MAY give you a unexpected results though.
What this mod doesn't do : :
Affect monster levels, leveling rates, scaling, loot tables, etc. You may use other mods to manage these issues with Oblivion. I prefir Oscuro's
Add any content for character creation (Races, birthsigns, classes, etc) Once again Oscuro's is great here, it adds the missing birthsigns from Morrowind.
What this mod does that other Advancment mods DON'T do : :
1) Maintain as much as possible from Vanilla Oblivion Leveling while only changing the bad parts
2) 1.06 is VERY stable, bug free and tested (the other mods out there still have countless bugs)
3) Modifies as few elements as possible so that you can run all your other mods
4) Custom level up screen that doesnt let you pick erroneous attribute gains
5) Attribute increases and level increases start RIGHT AWAY, there is no lag time whie your calculated stats catch up to your character creation stats
6) huge amount of configuration options: How do you want to level? Major / Spec / Attribte - What do you want the max level to be? 35/50?
7) Script only runs 5 LINES of CODE in standard mode (extremly low overhead)
8) BIRTHSIGNS, CHOSEN ATTRIBTES & RACIAL ATTRIBUTE modifers allow you to exceed the 100 attribute cap.
9) Health calculation gives you the same amout of health at lvl 1 AND level 50 as Vanilla Oblivion
10) Certified 100% working with countless Vampire Mods, Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul and many more FINE mods
11) 100% working with New Characters or characters you have played 30 levels
12) Skill gain rate is NOT affected by this mod so you may use any mod that you would like to adjust this
13) You only need to raise 1 weapon skill to raise strength
Compatibility with other mods : :
For such a comprehensive mod as this, it is actually playes very *nice* with other Oblivion mods. It is fully compatible with mods that change vampirism, mods that change monster scaling, loot scaling, monster level, spawning, etc. It works with mods that change the rate of skill growth. It works with mods that add weapons and armor and pretty much anything you can think of.
It does have it's limitations though : :
Not compatible with mods that add races or change races skill modifiers
Not compatible with mods that change Warrior, Thief, Steed or Lady birthsigns or add new birthsigns with attribute or skill bonuses (except Oscuro's)
Not Compatible with mods that add "Ability" type skill fortification spells (these spells are quite rare, there are only 3 in the original Oblivion- Vampirism, Skelton Key and DarkNightMotherBlessing)
NOTE - Exsisting Ability Skill fortification spells ( the ones listed above)in the game are OK
Not compatible with other mods that overhaul the leveling system of the game, like Kobu's
Known Issues : :
Level up bar on standard bar doesnt move. (you still level up when you should though)
Occasional issues with characters created in previous versions of Auryn's mod. If you guys are having problems, load up a vanilla character or make a new character. This issue will be looked at but its much more important that it works with new characters / vanilla characters (which it does)
DO NOT use (and I mean it) any mods that somehow "quickstart" your character past the newbie dungeon but DON'T complete the tutorial quest (or at least step 90) - Any mod authors who created these mods should be ashamed of themselves