This is Ace40k's Sound Mod version 1.02.
Ace40k's Company of Heroes soundmod/-pack --- RELEASE V1.02
This is a sound (mini-)mod for Relic Entertainment's latest real-time strategy game Company of Heroes.
After having finished installing the mod, most of the unit's weapon sounds in the game are changed and thus sound significantly better. You will see remarkable differences in battles concerning the sound quality and game depth in general due to the sounds I've beefed up.
1. BACKUP the RelicCOH.module file in your CoH root directory by moving the file to another location. Renaming won't do (in my case) and the game will still play the default sounds.
2. Afterwards, extract all the files located in the CoH folder of the zip file to your CoH directory. Confirm overwrite prompt messages with yes.
3. If you already have a modified RelicCOH.module file for your own modification or if you want to include my sounds in your own mod or whatever, do this:
- open the RelicCOH.module via Notepad/Editor or any text editing program
- locate the lines [data:sound_low] and [data:sound_high] in the file
- delete all the content there and/or directly replace the existing text with this:
folder = WW2\DataSoundLow
archive.01 = WW2\Archives\WW2AceSoundmod_Low
archive.02 = WW2\Archives\WW2SoundLow
folder = WW2\DataSoundHigh
archive.01 = WW2\Archives\WW2AceSoundmod_High
archive.02 = WW2\Archives\WW2SoundHigh
BEWARE: If you DON'T have a MODIFIED RelicCOH.module among your files in the root folder you can skip this whole part and continue to step 4.
4. My Soundmod is ready to go now. Start a match and turn up the volume!!
- Note: this method is fully COMPATIBLE to CoH online gaming unlike the method to manually set up a mod via shortcut/dev switch which is usually NOT compatible to online play.
- Be aware that you are going to have to put your backup RelicCOH.module into the same place again overwriting the custom .module before you can apply a new patch to your game (patches will generally refuse to install if custom content/modified files have been detected).
- just overwrite the custom RelicCOH.module file with the one from your backup and remove the two custom .sga archives
- terribly simplified installation procedure. SoundInstaller or complex backup/installation measures are not required any more.
- added some more sound effects
- added additional sounds
- improved some other sounds from the previous version which did not quite fit
- first public release
- sounds all mixed/modified/cut/converted/etc. by GrandMaztahAce a.k.a. Ace40k
- tools I was using: Corsix's Mod Studio & BurnerTool, SMFConvert by Mannerheim
BIG THANKYAAS go out to LoranKorn for his great sound mod which inspired me to a great extent, to the Relic CoH community and to all CoH players who have downloaded this and like it ;)
- I am not responsible for damaging your game/system neither with my mod itself nor with the installation procedure
- You may upload the mod somewhere else, put it on CD/DVD etc. but ALWAYS keep the zip as a whole so the readme.txt containing the credits won't be separated from the custom files.
- You may NOT modify my work and/or publish it under your name.
- If you want to integrate my mod into your own mod, leave a small hint in your Readme/the mods description saying "Sounds by Ace40k" or something similar. You don't have to let me know...
Ace40k (grandmaztahace AT hotmail DT com)