Required when using 5X with WhatIsSol's Unofficial Code Patch. Load in the order 5X, UCP, 5XCPC.
This mod is for people using 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod with WhatIsSol's Unofficial Code Patch. The base 5X mod is designed to run without UCP. The purpose of this mod is to re-optimize 5X to run with UCP and to take advantage of additional modding features added by UCP. This mod shouldn't be used with 5X Lite.
You should load the mods in the following order:
- 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod
- Unofficial Code Patch
- 5X UCP Compatibility Mod
- All other mods*
(*Note, the current version of the mod Diverse Specials and Massive Planets (v2.5) needs to be between Unofficial Code Patch and 5X UCP Compatibility Mod in the mod order in order to function properly.)
Here's some of the changes to 5X this mod makes in order to make it work with UCP:
- Telepathic training now gives 50% missions XP and stealth suit gives -25% missions risk. (UCP fixes a bug where telepathic training would give a missions risk bonus in addition to the XP bonus, so original 5X has the names switched and has telepathic training at -25% mission risk and stealth suit -25% risk,-25% XP.)
- Pollution tolerance for planets varies based on size: -50%/-25%/+25%/+50% for tiny/small/large/huge respectively. Matter converter removed because it's no longer needed.
- Missiles have all mods restored (Original 5X removes eccm, fast, heavy armor because they're bugged, but UCP fixes the bug)
- Fighters come in groups of 4 (previously 5) because UCP makes fighters more effective
- AI will use stellar converter, black hole generator, energy absorber, and rangemaster targeting unit on some of their blueprints. (Without UCP the AI won't use the first 3 techs in combat and rangemaster is totally bugged).
- Rangemaster targeting unit added back in (removed in original 5X because it's bugged).
- Toxic condenser now gives a percentage pollution reduction available on every planet instead of the several dozen variants original 5X has. Advanced toxic condenser removed.
- Corrected tooltip for max damage leader bonus and removed imperfect bug fix for leader combat bonuses from original 5X because UCP has a better fix.
- Restored MIRV missile splitting distance to its original amount since with UCP star bases don't get ridiculous range on PD.
- Restores the Elerians' mind control trait which was removed in 5X because they can't use it and get stuck invading, but UCP fixes it.
- Restores the intended Stealth Suit and Psionics bonus (used to be + per spy without UCP instead of a flat bonus as intended)
- Restores the credits bonus for difficulty settings.
- Bulrathi and Sakkra uber buildings now have max population bonus, Biospheres added back in with max pop bonus, and the wildlife reserves uber buildings give a max pop bonus.
- Research treaties now last 40 turns.
- High gravity perk cost adjusted to reflect UCP change.
- Minor civ leader bonuses updated
- All 5x resources available as home planet resources
- Full integration of other UCP features as they are added.
Let me know if you run into any issues.