An update to the 4th Dimension mod. This mod attempts to make the game feel more realistic by adding new units and balancing gameplay.
1. What is it?
The "4th Dimension" is a modification for Supreme Commander. The goal of this mod is to make SC feel more
realistic (as long as it is better for the gameplay), add new content like units and to improve the balancing of the game.
The Czar for example is the biggest unit in the game, but it can take only very few damage.
Another point is the ship behavior. They have a much too high acceleration which is much lower in the "4th Dimension" mod.
I also wanted to make more units usefull than in the original game. When you reached tech 3,
a lot of tech 2 and 1 stuff becomes obsolete in SC. In the "4th Dimension" the tech 3 siege bots for example are much slower than tech 1 and 2 tanks.
Nearly all units have a weapon inaccuracy now, so that they dont hit the same pixel over and over again and most projectiles
have much higher muzzle velocities. Some new units do area damage when they die and a lot more you have to find out!
some of the features:
[*] nearly all unit weapons have an inaccuracy (except special weapons like guided missiles, beamlasers... )
[*] veteran system is much more linear and units can reach max level in praxis now which was impossible before.
Also stronger units give more kills than others and you have an experience bar when selecting a uni.
[*] explosion damage added to a lot of units (damage decreases from explosion center)
[*] walls are more usefull but also more expensive (they can block more fire now)
[*] improved explosions optic like multiple generated (randomly) explosions, fireballs and firetrails
[*] hundreds of improvements to general balancing: check changelog for details
[*] gameplay changes to make units/races more different (for example big units are slower, cybrans have faster regeneration)
[*] mass fabricators and RAS upgrades are less effective
[*] turn radius of human like robots has been reduced (no more units which can look at their own ass :D)
[*] faster projectile speeds to let weapons look and feel more realistic
[*] all trees on all maps have been increased, to let you notice the environment much more
[*] some completely new units
IMPORTANT: you need version 3269 of Supreme Commander to run this version of the mod.
Unzip the "4th Dimension.zip". If the unpacked file is a *.scd file, you must put it into the ...\gamedata\ folder.
If the unpacked file is another folder called "4th Dimension", put it into your mods directory in supreme commander
(if it doesnt exist, create a folder "mods").
Version 1.81 :
- set artillery arc to low (they fire in about a 40° arc now)
- removed some of the mercy changes from the patch 3269
- increased fuel of mercy to 180 (from 120)
- increased HP of Mongoose to 820 (from 720), increased muzzle velocity, increased damage of gattling gun to 20 per shot, it now fires 20 instead of 10 shots per salvo, reduced speed to 2.8 (from 3.5), added ability to jamm radar with blips, increased costs by 33%, reduced range of gattling gun to 24 (from 34)
- increased dps of hoplite by about 12%, decreased speed to 2.5 (from 3.5), also increased its scale by 30%, it now can only target flying experimentals (no more gunships) - and of course ground forces
- changed the turret of the Absolver, so that it can turn independant from its body, removed damage to shields but increased dps a lot, also increased rate of fire a lot, decreased range a lot, increased HP, decreased speed
Version 1.8 :
- added Predator as Aeon T2 Sniper
- added Annihilator as T3 Point Defence (unit made by Resin Smoker)
# - added Termite as T2 Cybran Insectoid
- added Hermes as T3 UEF mobile SAM
- added Crusher as T1 UEF medium tank (Striker is now a light tank)
- added Beholder as T3 Cybran point defence
- some texture changes on the new units of version 1.7
- increased sizes of SCUs by about 10% (also hitboxes)
- improved Harkon animation
- rebalanced costs of T2 tanks and T3 SABs (increased all a little bit)
- increased HP of aurora and mantis (aurora + 50 mantis + 20)
- reduced Omni Radius to 130 (from 150)
- fixed some minor scripting typos
- reduced costs/build times of LABs a little bit
Version 1.7 :
- added Harkon as T3 UEF unit
- added Meson as T3 Aeon unit
- added Chimera as T3 Cybran unit
- reduced HP buff per level by 50% (a level 5 unit has now 75% more Hp)
- reduced regeneration rate of T2 transports
- increased damage of T1 AA point defences (to compensate increased bomber HP of previous versions)
- reduced RAS mass output to 8 (from 10)
- reduced turn rate of SABs and SCUs by 50%
- some minor fixes, changes
- increased HP of fatboy to 40000 (from 30000)