TWHLmix was meant to be a collaborate map, that many would mappers contribute to. It ended up being a semi-successfully collaborative effort.
- BrattyLord started the whole thing in his 'I got an idea' thread, over one year ago.
- Every participant built his room, added it to the map and then gave it to the next one.
- The restrictions were simple: Leave the other people's rooms alone and use only original Half-Life stuff. All textures/models/sounds/sprites you see, hear and smell are from the basic pak0.pak.
- Then things came together. Sometimes slower, sometimes faster.
- After a while, it was just rudely ended and released.