I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS MAP! Another map not based on a real planet in the Star Wars universe, which I know some don't like, but Tropicanae by Thunderstorm025 could easily be real. It has a bit of a Scarif feel to it. You battle 'navy style' across 4 islands, using tanks and speeders to cross from island to island. This makes for something a little different, and I think it works well.
I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS MAP!
To install, extract the TRO folder into your addon folder.
Original readme is as follows:
My first map (albeit with past experience from Star Wars: Empire at War, which I have to say is ALOT
easier than this!)
With my past maps I tried to make nice looking environments, with the EaW graphics engine you could get
some really good results, however the BF2 graphics engine isn't as good so this didn't come out
as good as I had hoped. I made some brightness changes to textures to make it look sunnier, and
created the skydome texture myself.
It is a tropical map set in an open sea with 4 islands, 2 small and 2 large (one is unintentionally
larger than the other). The basis of the map is using the hover tanks for naval warfare, and then
moving on with an infantry assault on the enemy base island. capturing tjhe smaller islands grants a
transport and extra vehicles
- Ai tanks can't shoot for sh*t when on water.
- AAT's roll over when attempting to strafe on water.
- Water cuts off at the edge of the map (this is due to the fact that too much water crashes the game).
- Ground textures collide at some points on the map.
- No shadows (I noticed them on ONE object, but nothing else).
- Ai transports don't land.
- Transport sounds don't work.
- No 'Leaving Battlefield message' (altough the deadly drop off makes for good compensation IMO)
I am sure there are more, that's just all I can think of from the top of my head.
To install, extract the 'TRO' folder to your SW:BF2 directory in GameData/Addon.
- Created by Thunderstorm025
You can do what you like with this if you give credit."