A single player map by RussianComrade.
a Battlefield 1942 map by
Gametypes: Conquest, Coop/SP
Conquest Map Type: Objective
Map Size: Medium (Shock! Horror! I made a decent-sized map!)
Build time: 4-5 hours
Tools Used: Battlecraft 42, Editor42, Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Notepad/Wordpad, XNView, winRFA, packRFA, genPathMaps, BF Singleplayer Creator
- Aichi Val (Dive-bomber)
- Aichi Val (Torpedo bomber)
- Spitfire (yes, a Spitfire)
Wow cool, I made a map that isn't a close-quarters infantry map with not a plane in sight! So now you can "go find your socks that just blew off" ~ Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw
And in fact, it's the complete opposite. Mostly you'll be seeing planes, planes, more planes, some water, a carrier, and two islands. Ok so that sums up the map. kthxbai.
More serious now. The map consists of a carrier and two islands. The British (yes, the British) start with the carrier, and must defend it. If it sinks, they lose. Period. They get a handful of Corsairs (with a lovely RN skin by Lobo) and Spitfires (with a RN-ish skin by me) with which to defend their carrier.
The Japanese start on the two little islands. Both islands have Zero fighters (skinned by takiwa), the north island has torpedo bombers (again skinned by takiwa), and the south island has dive bombers (once more, takiwa's very hawt D3A skin). The Japanese must destroy the British carrier before their tickets bleed out completely.
So that's pretty much it - a one-sided Coral Sea. With British.
A few notes:
- The carrier doesn't start at 100% health. A British engineer can quickly get it cranked up to maximum fighting ability before the first waves of Japanese planes get there.
- You can move the carrier if you want, just to keep it out of the enemy's sight for as long as possible.
- In Singleplayer and Coop, bots will occupy the driver's seat and two rear AA guns on the carrier. They're very good with the AA guns, too - don't fly high above the boat as a Japanese pilot if you value your life.
- On the note of AA guns and bots, the guns defending the Japanese airfields will also be manned by bots on occasion (though if there's a spare plane in the hangar, they'll leave the AA gun and go flying).
And just in case I didn't make this clear enough: the carrier sinks, the British lose. As soon as it's gone their tickets will plummet to zero, you won't have to hunt down every last guy and kill him to end it all.
Move 'The_Gauntlet.rfa' to your levels directory, in my case:
C: -> Program Files -> EA Games -> Battlefield 1942 -> Mods -> bf1942 -> Archives -> bf1942 -> levels
For uninstalling, just delete the RFA file. Simple.
The same old bit that's been in all my readmes. If you're reading this: o hai! You're awesome, because you take the time to actually READ THE README. Anyway...
You can give it out to your friends, edit it, or make new maps based on it but just don't take credit for stuff you didn't do. I wouldn't appreciate that.
Distribute this file around as many websites as you like, but keep this readme with the map. Any version that is edited/modified (e.g. adding another vehicle or something) should be clearly noted so.
If this busts your computer in any way, I'm not responsible. Sorry, but it was your decision to install it.
EA/DICE etc etc.
HellishER for the SP creation tool, and FourCentsShy for GenPathMaps. Where would I be without them...
Toucinator, who informed me that my RN Spitfire actually kinda looks like a Spitfire. (and 5 minutes worth of playtesting)
Lobo for the Royal Navy Corsair skin.
takiwa for the Zero and Val skins.
Any problems or comments email me at:
russian_comrade AT hotmail DOT com
You can also hit me up for a game of CoD4/Ace Combat 6/BF Bad Company on XBox Live, gamertag: Joeyski