Ever wanted some high-quality models & textures of the G36? If not, perhaps variants of the G36, like G36K, G36C and even a G36L? If not, maybe at the very least have some G36s that are properly balanced and are able to go with scopes? Or maybe you want all of that, then you got exactly what you wanted. But if you want nothing of this...Get out of here, anti-stalker, go back to playing Tarkov.
The G36 Pack.
This pack includes high-quality REPLACERS of the G36, adding the classic G36, G36K, G36C and G36L.
All variants can be found the same way as in vanilla, G36 will be the most common, G36K is a bit rarer and G36C is even rarer. Meanwhile, the G36L is only obtainable from Nimble.
The idea of this pack is to make the G36 great, as well as give it as many variants as it can have, for everybody.
Don't like the G36? You can still use the others. Want a G36 that accepts NATO scopes? Use the G36K or G36C. Want a smaller assault rifle that is perfect for urban and close-quarter combat? G36C is your best friend.
Everything goes, for everybody.
Simply extract the "gamedata" to your main Anomaly folder.
- EFT-Style Reposition Patch. Uses EFT-Style position instead of the original vanilla.
- New G36 Scope. Changes the scope to another one that is taken from the 3D Model of the new G36 itself.
- NPC & Trader Files. Adds all the G36 (except G36L) variants to NPCs and Traders. [This is a separate thing to avoid conflicts with other mods]
* New models of the G36, G36K, G36C and G36L for the vanilla Anomaly's G36, G36 Camo, G36K and G36 Nimble respectively.
* G36 itself is of much higher quality, the holes are no longer opaque, smoothing is much better and the polycount is higher but not severe (about 10.000 tris)
* G36K is the same, uses the classic G36K ironsights, which has Picatinny Rails in it, hence allowing to attach scopes.
* G36C is the smallest version of the G36 pack, using ironsights that the Lithuanian Army would use, which is much slimmer and smaller in size than the original. Also has the ability to attach scopes.
* G36L is the unique variant, only obtainable from Nimble, uses an "L" variant of the handguard and has KAC ironsights. Due to the presence of Picatinny Rails on the handguard, it is able to mount an M203.
* All textures at 2048x2048, some lower due to coming as such but still at good quality, without compression artifacts and a proper Normal & Specular map.
* Each model uses separate textures of up to 3; main (receiver), handguard and ironsights. This is admittedly a bit detrimental, but it is made so to keep the texture quality at high and separate between weapon parts.
* The G36L has tritium sights, the rear is less bright than the front to emphasize on the contrast, further making it more practical.
* New icons for each variant, using a method that heavily emphasizes on the specular, hence showing the details when at direct light.
* [OPTIONAL] New scope texture for the G36, made from the 3D model and textured to be 2D.
* The G36 is now able to use both scopes; the red dot or the 3x scope.
The G36 has been changed a bit to act like a faux-sniper rifle, due to the presence of the 3x scope and the long barrel.
Unlike the original, it is no longer able to have an M203 attached to it, instead, (UPCOMING NEXT UPDATE) it uses its own AG36.
* The "G36 (Camo)" is now a G36K instead, with ironsights, being able to mount scopes.
This one can be used as any other average 5.56 assault rifle.
It has slightly worse accuracy overall and recoil on first shot, but slightly better handling.
* The "G36k" is now a G36C instead, with slimmer ironsights, being able to mount scopes.
This one can be considered the AKSU of the NATO if you'd like.
It has the worst accuracy and recoil of all the other variants, but compensates for amazing handling and better full-auto fire control, great weapon in Close-Quarters Urban warfare.
* Nimble's unique variant of the G36 is a G36L, nicknamed "F34R". Lithuanian-made G36 with the functionality of a G36K and the practicality (weight and handling) of a G36C, as well as having the ability to mount a M203 due to the picatinny rails that it has.
* [OPTIONAL] If using "NPC & Trader Files", NPCs will have a chance to use one of the G36 variants and Traders sell some depending on disposition. More info below.
(PLEASE NOTE! Some other factions might have a G36, either because by default they have it so in Vanilla, like the ecologs, or they took it from another's corpse, like the bandits)
--- Loner. Master & Expert rank, have a chance to spawn all 3. Masters have more chance of attachments.
--- Clear Sky. Experienced, Expert & Master rank, have a chance to spawn 2 or all 3. Masters have more chance of attachments.
--- Freedom. Experienced, Expert & Master rank, have a chance to spawn all 3. Expert & Master have more chance of attachments.
--- Mercenary. All ranks have a chance to spawn 2 or all 3. Expert & Master have more chance of attachments.
--- Monolith. All ranks have a chance to spawn 1, 2 or all 3. Expert & Master have more chance of attachments.
--- UNISG. All ranks have a chance to spawn all 3. All have chances of attachments.
- Loners can acquire from Owl, Sidorovich or Loris. Owl offers all at Rep 2, Sidorovich at 3, 4 and 5, Loris has a small chance at Rep 4.
- Clear Sky can acquire all from Spore at Rep 5. The chance is low though.
- Freedom can acquire all from Rep 2.
- Mercenary can acquire default on Rep 2, all after Rep 3.
- Monolith can acquire default on Rep 1, two variants on Rep 2 and all on Rep 3.
- UNISG can acquire all from Rep 2.
* The G36 is planned to have a AG96 Grenade Launcher itself.
* The LMG variant, MG36, is planned.
* Transparent Magazines, with viewable bullets, are planned.
* Various other options for nitpickers.
Anything that changes "wpn_g36.ltx" is not compatible.
A merge/patch can be done relatively easily though.
Please make a comment in the Moddb page itself for feedback.
The G36 models & textures are made by "Mr. Brightside" and "Noodum", all credits to him.
His work is licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives, in short; you must credit his work and NOT use it for Commercial purposes.
Commercialization includes asking for "donations" to yourself.
In terms of modpacks; you are allowed to pack it in there, no problem, but please don't DARE to ask for donations just because you think you "made" something, which you didn't; you simply packed it.
Mr. Brightside/Noodum for the G36 Model.
"cakes" for the amazing modelling help and modelling as well as design tips provided.
"FIREBREATH1001" for fixing the animation for me, else we wouldn't have had the M203 for the G36L.
"sneaky" for making a patch for the mod "EFT-Style Reposition".
I'd like to give big thanks to "Rubrakul" for helping my lazy self, he's the one that merged scopes into the G36Ks models.
I'd like to give thanks to "Qatapro" for the help provided and keeping part of my sanity.
I'd like to give thanks to "Thundervision" for the Russian translation, as per usual.