This mod from Oscar_Saribaldes is a campaign that spans 8 maps.
*extract the campaign_fallofcyrene.ucs file and place it inside DOW installation directory-> W40k -> Locale -> your language version of the game folder
*extract all the other files (the "loading" directory, too) and place them inside DOW installation directory-> W40k -> Data -> Scenarios-> SP folder (if you don’t have “Scenarios” and “SP” directories create them)
HOW TO PLAY:
In this campaign there are no mods, so, after having installed the campaign, run DOW (vanilla), click "campaign" and choose "THE FALL MOF CYRENE" in the campaign menu.
DOW has to be full patched! I don't know if or how this campaign work properly with a not fully patched version of the game.
* Read the objectives!
* You have to make use of various camera angles to oversee the battlefield in the tight urban areas.
* Losing a single squad member will end the game. Advance carefully.
* If you have problems with a particular objective, try to think of alternative tactics.
* Sometimes you have to split your squad and sometimes they must be kept together.
* Make use of different fighting stances depending on the situation.
* If the map doesn't look like working, if the game remain somewhere stuck try reloading the scenario. Such problems could happen especially in map 3 and 7 and they are related to tanks movings and unfortunately I couldn't find a soluton.
* In map 6 saving and reloading could affect the gameplay, for example enemy units could stop attacking the monastery fortress; so in map 6 please just employ the autosaves to load the game.
* this campaign is not a build&destroy campaign like the official one. There are in fact very few units to manage and so heavy micromanagment is strongly required.
* Some mission briefing texts are cut off in certain screen resolutions, for example on 1600 x 1200. With other screen resolutions, like 1280x1024 and 1024x768 there should be no problems and everything is clearly readable. So if some text is cut off change the resolution, read the map briefing, then restore it before starting playing.
ABOUT DIFFICULTY SETTINGS:
Normal difficulty means easy; hard difficulty is the original difficulty of the campaign, so you should play in this mode if you are a true warrior; if there is a thirsting for blood ork heart inside you well the insane level is for you.
Joking apart difficulty normal means about 25% more HP for friendly units and difficulty insane means about 15% less HP for friendly units.
Campaign conceived and made by Oscar Baldessari.
Special thanks to Gunfood, Jaguar-Lord, Urgwaine that devoted a lot of their time and patience playtesting this campaign.
Mission briefings written by Gunfood, one of the most helpful people I have ever met.
Special thanks to Argonaut, Dark40k, Incarnate and to all people of relicnews forum that with their guides, comments and suggestions have provided me with help and support.
For any comment, suggestion, bug report and so on leave a message here or contact me at the following email address: email@example.com
best regards and have fun