This mod allows you to play Quake 2 within Enemy Territory by accessing a terminal in-game.
Terminal Quake 2
Tired of fighting the Stroggs on earth?
Take the battle to Stroggos and kill Makron on his home planet!
A port of Quake 2 to the Quake Wars engine.
Play Quake 2 from GUI surfaces in Quake Wars.
See development log and screenshots at: Gamedev.no
INSTALL & RUN
- Quake Wars patched to 1.2.
- Quake 2 version 3.21 (buy it from steam if you don't have it)
0. delete any gamex86.dll in your root Quake Wars game folder (if the file is there) as it will interfere with this mod.
1. Unpack the mod into the Quake Wars game folder.
2. Copy the folder 'baseq2' found in your Quake 2 folder to this folder in the Quake Wars folder: 'terminal_quake2_v1/quake2_files'
3. Once the copy is complete you should among other files find this one:
4. Delete '
5. Run this found in the unpacked 'terminal_quake2_v1' folder:
Notes & major untested things:
- Quake 2 video options: OpenGL isn't supported, shouldn't try to change any options but the resolution.
- A resolution up to 1600x1200 has been tested (but slow).
- Quitting Quake 2 will throw you to the ETQW console with an error (type 'disconnect' to enter the mainmenu again).
- Delete '
* May be distributed as you wish as long as long as the zip stays
* Give credit if you use any parts of this mod in your mod.
Arne Olav Hallingstad (arneolav at hotmail.com)