Combines several independent mods and adds author tweaks to improve graphics, sound, performance, balance, AI/A-life, day/night weather, weapon ballistics & ragdolls, quests, trading, unique items, text/interaction, interactivety, artifacts, health & slee
STALKER Rebalanced v1.0 - By Shadow State
A mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl v1.0005
This is a compilation mod that combines some of the best features from an array of Stalker Mini-Mods and several slightly larger mods aswell as numerous tweaks, improvments and customizations of my own.
The aim of this Mod is to provide enhanced and rebalanced game play for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, with out straying to far from (my interpretation of) the developers original intent. This is not a realism mod, I have rebalanced many aspects including the weapons and ballistics to what I consider to be fair to gameplay, not necessarily realistic. This mod has only been tested for balance on the 'Master' skill setting, so I have disabled all other settings.
What does all this mean for you?
This mod enhances the retail version of Stalker through improved; graphics, sound, performance, balance, AI/A-life, day/night weather, weapon ballistics & ragdolls, quests, trading, unique items, text/interaction, interactivety, artifacts, health & sleep system, options, hidden secrets, bug fixes and generaly removes a lot of the things that just really annoy. Just take a look at the screenshots
Features - Credits
The following are integrated, either in full or in part:
Alive 1.6 - DC & Gannebamm
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Quest Overhaul v0.9b - Decane
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Weather Overhauled v2.0 - Trojanuch
STALKER Sound Overhaul 1.06b - Darius6
Health Overhaul - Russo
Ecologist Faction v2.0 - Egg Chen
annoying_audio_fix 1.3 - Mtang
Acoustic Minimod - Hectrol
HUD & Blood MOD v1.3 - pseudoant
UI Radiation HUD 0.3 - sokol_jack
Raw Onion Revamp v1.05 - Therawdeal & Onionradish
Show Reward v1.03 - Onionradish
Stalker Real Gun Names v3 - Kyodan
Q's Show Armor Protection v0.3 - Quaraxkad
Stalker Proper Wpn names and Indepth information - Hairydavey
ABC - Sleeping Bag Mod - RSpeed aka Russo
Fallout Flashlight v1.1 - Cisco256
Sidorovich Unlocked - DC Doom
Fair Trade Mod - Far Cry Chris
Prefetch Tweak v0.01 - Emo Addict 15
Crow Hunter - Eurohawk, xStream (& AMK)
Float32 1.7112b - JJ Walker(Cameron Sneed)
-=SkyGRAPHICS=- v1.6F - Sky4CE
Big Hunt Toz34 - Marco_M
VOG-25 napalm and phosphorus grenades - Parabellum 9x19
Airburst Grenade - EggChen
New Wpn Possitions - Angus McFistycuffs
ChocoEgg MOD ver1.00 - Nyagicha
STALKER Keys MOD v0.1 - HeEr0
Artifact Mod - Underwhelmed
And possibly others too.
Hand texture replacements for S.T.A.L.K.E.R v. 1.0 - nehfarius
Fix Shader Skin - Seven Days
Numerous Wpns Skins - Siro, natasha8384, Marco_M & others
Numerous Item, Actor & Other skins - Siro, Dezowave, Saint Stan & others
Re-activated Merc Skins - Siro
Less Generic Stalkers, Rookies & Bandits - KnifeInFace & WhatPayne
Rookie Skin Pack - EggChen
Hectrol Stalker minimod 0.5 - Hectrol
Special Thanks go out to:
Koroush Ghazi - Tweakguides.com
Natvac for all his advice and infomation
Siro & all the skinners at FPS Bananna
Also thanks to:
Kanyhalos & Saint Stan
If I have included something that you believe is yours, then please, contact me so I can give appropriate credit or we can come to some arrangement.
- This mod is only balanced for Master difficulty, if you wish to re-activate the lower skill settings, then details are provided below, however I cannot garantee that they will be balanced.
- This mod will only work with Eng Launguge, due to custom text entries and custom text strings.
- You must also take note of the included Float32 license.
- To change the keybinding for the anti rad hotkey, see the included readme for HeEr0`s STALKER Keys MOD v0.1
- Only tested on Full Dynamic Lighting, details below if you use static lighting.
1. Simply paste the included Gamedata folder into your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl directory.
2. Also place the other assosiated files into the same directory (it's ok to overwrite fsgame.ltx)
3. Create a shortcut to S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Rebalanced v1.0.bat on your desktop (easiest way, right click on it, choose: send to - desktop). Now right click on your new desktop short cut and choose rename, delete the "shortcut to" text and the ".bat" at the end, then right click again and choose properties, change icon, browse, navigate to your stalker directory and choose the stalker.ico file. ok to finish.
4. Next place the user.ltx file into your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC directory (Vista & Steam users, place into your appropriate folder)
5. Download and install S.H.A.R.P.E.R Textures 0.95 from Board.oblivion-lost.de
6. If you play on the r1 Static Lighting DX8 Renderer, then you will also want to install Trojanuch's "S.W.O.v2.0 STATIC LIGHTING DEDICATED" from: Files.filefront.com
- - Step 2: fsgame.ltx is only necessary if this is your first time using a mod for Stalker, otherwise it dosn't matter.
- - Step 3 is necessary for the "Anti-Rad Hotkey" to work.
- - Step 4 is only necessary if you wish to use my graphics tweaks for the r2 Full Dynamic Lighting DX9 Renderer (reccomended). If you don't want to have to change your keys back to normal afterwards, then just copy/paste (or merge) all the settings that begiun with r2, r__, rs & snd ensuring that you don't copy any that start with bind. Default resolution is 1280x1024.
- - Step 5, if you choose to download and install Sharper Textures 0.95 (which I can't stress enough), ensure that none of the Stalker Rebalanced files under the gamedata\\textures directory are overwritten.
- - If you wish to play on a lower skill setting, simply delete the file gamedata\\scripts\\ui_main_menu.script & gamedata\\config\\text\\eng\\ui_st_mm.xml.
- - If you play on a widescreen, set to your native resolution, then exit to windows and restart. Otherwise the mini-map will not show up in-game.
- - If you want to use another version of float32, ensure that you don't overwrite Sky4ce's Parallax Occlusion Mapping files, being: shaders\\r2\\common.h, sload.h, deffer_base_lmh_bump_d-hq.ps, deffer_base_lmh_bump-hq.ps and the `shared` folder.
- - Knowen issues for the custom menu are, you can't use the "Last Save" button when you first load up stalker from windows, it's sweet once you're in-game though. If you do click it, just type in main_menu to return. So, if you prefer the vanilla Menu, then delete gamedata\\textures\\ui\\ui_mainmenu.dds
- - If you find that this mod slows your system down, then make sure to optimise it by following the advice from the "Stalker - Tweak Guide", link above.
- - Note, that the included version of Stalker Weather Overhaul SWO2.0 is not intented to be used with Float32 shaders, if you are finding issues with these two mods working together, then 1st, check the SWO2.0 Readme (included), then 2nd, try deleting the shaders directory to see if there is any improvement (this is not recomended, as it will completly change the balance of the user.ltx settings and you will also lose all Float32 and SkyGraphics enhancements).
- - To change the Health Overhaul optional settings, open up scripts\\abc_medkit.script and set to your taste.
these are the other mods that I play with, took the screen shots with and highly recommend, but didn't include due to size:
S.H.A.R.P.E.R Textures 0.95
This is an obsolute must!!
Acoustic Metal Stalker Minimod 1.1
I have included one acoustic guitar song from this mod. If you like that one, then download the whole mod, it rocks:
Obviously, only if you like metal.
V1.01 Change Log:
- Included previous hotfix 1.0.1
- Fixed crash at Agroprom start
- Fixed NPC dropping wpn when sold a new one exploit
- Include new sounds from Sound Overhaul 1.07
- Bullet whine and impact sounds
- Silenced wpn sounds
- Balanced the toughness of some mutants and NPCs
To do list for future releases:
Wait on aliVe 1.7
Intergrate ZRP 1.05
Consider a PLR's Realistic Weapons compatability pack
Consider other re-skins
Utilise an installer and improve the menu
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spell check readme!!!!!!!!!!!
STALKER Rebalanced (1.01) - File Download Options