Space Marine Veterans Mod for Dawn of War 1.3 LUA Author: Damar Stiehl Original Concept by: Rudy86 Veteran Model by: Rudy86 Textures by: Faction, Rudy86, Damar Stiehl, Xen
his is a complete reworking of Rudy86's original Space Marine Veterans mod. The original mod was rather horribly broken by the 1.3 patch, and the mod's LUA files had to be recreated almost from scratch.
This archive includes:
* The actual mod. To install, place "vets" folder and vets.module into your Dawn of War folder, and activate the mod via the Mod Manager. This version contains textures based on the "Glory Company" (golden marines) by Faction.
* Original Veteran Textures by Rudy86. If you would rather use the textures that Rudy86 originally released with the first version of the mod, replace the Vets\Data\Art\EBPs\races\space_marines\texture_share folder with the alternative texture_share folder provided in the mod package.
* Source LUA files for the mod. If you don't like the way your veterans are set up, you can use these LUAs to tweak their attributes. You MAY NOT, however, re-release the mod after you alter it, unless I give you my explicit permission. Contact me either via the boards or using the email address above.
SPACE MARINE VETERANS
They are the best of the best of the best, the backbone of the First Company and the entire Chapter. Space Marine Veterans are yours to command once you have upgraded your HQ to level 2 (Monastery).
* Space Marine Veterans are available in squads of five, plus a Veteran Sergeant. They may take one additional attachment (a commander or a medic).
* Space Marine Veterans are armed with Power Swords and Plasma Pistols. Two of them may replace their Power Swords with Power Fists. The Veteran Sergeant is armed with the Power Fist and the Plasma Pistol.
* Each Veteran has 500 HP, and the Sergeant is blessed with a healthy 750 HP. They wear medium heavy armour, just like the regular Space Marines.
* The Veterans may use Melta Bombs and Frag Grenades. Because of their superior skills, these abilities recharge quicker than normal and do noticeably more damage.
* The Veterans may capture strategic points.
* The Veterans consume 4 Squad Cap Points.
* This squad makes an excellent Command Squad and/or bodyguards for your unique characters.
If you notice any bugs with this mod, or have any recommendations, please email me.
* For some reason, the units do not display correctly in the Army Painter. As of now I could not find a fix for it. They show up correctly in-game though. Blame Relic.
*********************************!!!FOR THE EMPEROR!!!*********************************
DISCLAIMER: Warhammer 40,000 and Dawn of War and all associated terms and concepts are copyrighted by Games Workshop.