[for version 5; updated 20.02.2017] Changes some gameplay aspects like weapon damage, penetration, flashlight range, durability, accuracy, recoil etc.
This is my configuration for STCoP version 5. I like to tweak game a lot, decided to share. This will change gameplay great deal compared to original STCoP.
Update 20.02.2017: Minor tweaks for Vintorez and AK-74u recoil. Some upgrades wont give as much recoil reduction, but still worth getting.
Rate of fire greatly increased.
Low penetration with exception of FN-57 using AP ammo.
Pistols have more recoil it will "jump around" bit more.
You will find yourself using pistol, it is perfect for its secondary weapon role. Excellent to kill unarmored targets. Mutants, poorly armored stalkers will fall with one or few shots.
Powerful, however against armored stalkers may prove not be the best option.
Reduced accuracy, no more sniping. Close range weapon.
Shotguns will display low damage in game, but that is damage of each buck that goes out of barrel(it means displayed damage x40).
Nothing much changed except for increased damage, just like for all weapons. Killing even armored targets wont give hard time but it will take more bullets, go for headshots. Great for close to mid range.
- Assault Rifles
All weapons that use 5.45x39, 5.56x45 have their accuracy increased by 20%. Both ammo types are armor piercing. Low recoil, easy to control in long bursts. Excellent close to mid range weapons, you can also successfully build it with accuracy upgrades for long range.
All weapons that use 7.62x39 have their accuracy increased by 10%. Using FMJ or AP ammo you will feel great difference against armored targets. Recoil will make you shoot in short bursts or tap. Close to mid range weapon, however stalker in need will manage to down targets at longer distances.
All weapons that use 7.62x51 have their accuracy increased by about 30%. FMJ has some armor piercing, AP is.. well armor piercing. Very strong at any distance against anything. Strong recoil, use semi-automatic fire mode for best results.
With armor piercing ammo you can kill targets trough cars, metal sheets, wooden walls, not so big trees and even some thin concrete walls. 7.62x39 FMJ will penetrate some lighter cover, 7.62x51 FMJ will penetrate better but not as good as armor piercing variants of any ammo.
- Sniper Rifles
Accuracy greatly increased.
Increased magnification for long range.
All 7.62x54 is "armor piercing". 7.62x54mmR 7H14 will have 10% better accuracy.
Even heavy armored stalkers will fall with one or two shots.
- Flashlight range increased to 55 meters. Idea is pistol range.
- Weapons are more durable. Now you take more ammo instead of additional weapon. This takes focus off of maintaining weapons.
- All weapons use same "control_inertion_factor 1.2"(heavy weapons will not slow mause movement), that means PKM, Snipers, etc are pleasure to use.
- Tracers are thin, vanilla color and for every bullet.
- All weapon damage is greatly increased, hit with any weapon in vital spot will kill. Pistols, SMGs and buckshot will not kill armored targets easily, however you can still kill them.
Overall weapons are much more lethal, precise shots are rewarding. I recommend using this in combination with W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. Realism Addon
How to install:
1. Unzip CoC and patch it up.
2. Unzip STCoP in your gamedata.
3. Unzip this in your gamedata and overwrite when prompted.