This mod adds damage, heals, and events (dodge, parry, windfury, etc...) as scrolling text above you character model.
Please Note -in 5.7 you can turn off the new spell icons under the Animation tab
Please read and use the main SCT site for news, bugs, and feature requests. I don't read these forums hardly ever.
Be sure to check out SCTD 2.0 if you want SCT to show your damage.
Also check out my simple but enhanced combat log EavesDrop
Table of Contents
* 1) What is it?
* 2) What can it do?
* 3) How do I use it?
* 4) FAQ
* 5) Support
What is it?
A fairly simple but very configurable mod that adds damage, heals, and events (dodge, parry, windfury, etc...) as scrolling text above you character model, much like what already happens above your target. This makes it so you do not have to watch (or use) your regular combat chat window and gives it a "Final Fantasy" feel.
Why use 5.0 over WoW's new built in Floating Combat Text ? - SCT 5.0 is a complete rewrite of the mod from the ground up. Its is now based in the Ace2 framework and rewitten with more performance in mind. On top of that, it offers features far above and beyond what WoW's FCT can do. FCT is great if you just need a lightweight SCT with limited options, but using SCT's new Lightmode can get you the same performance with almost all of SCT's normal features.
What can it do?
* Damage messages
* Heals (incoming and outgoing) and Overhealing (with healer ID's), with filtering for small heals.
* Spell Damage/Resists and Damage Type
* All "Miss" events (dodge, block, immune, etc...)
* Custom Colors for all text events
* Config file to setup custom events (self and target), capture data, and display it.
* Debuff/Buff gain and loss Messages
* Low Health and Mana Warnings with values, and optional sounds
* Rage/Mana/Energy Gains
* Enter and Leave Combat Messages
* Rogue Combo Points, 5 CP Alert Message
* Class Skill alerts (Execute, Overpower, CounterAttack, etc...)
* Honor, Reputation, Skill Gain
o Eight Animation Types (Verticle, Rainbow, Horizontal, Angled Down, Angled Up, Sprinkler, Curved HUD, Angled HUD)
* Four Fonts
* Two seperate Animation frames, each with their own settings. Assign any Event to either.
* Ability to flag any event as critical or as a text messages
* Sliders for text size, opacity, animation speed, movement speed, and on screen placement (with custom editbox)
* Lightmode, for when you care most about performance (at the loss of a few features).
* Now Based in Ace2.
* CTMod, MyAddons, Cosmos, Cosmos2 support
* Settings saved per character by default, but supports all Ace2 Profiles
* Load/Delete settings from another character. Load built in Profiles.
* Localized to work in almost all WoW clients.
How do I use it?
First unzip it into your interface\addons directory. For more info on installing, please read install.txt. Now just run WoW and once logged in, type /sctmenu to get the options screen.
SCT_EVENT_CONFIG.LUA is used to setup custom message events. Please open up the file (notepad, etc...) and read the opening section to understand how to use it all. PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FILE IN SCT. IF YOU DON'T READ IT AND USE IT, THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON A TON OF WHAT SCT HAS TO OFFER IN CUSTOMIZATION
/sctdisplay is used to create your own custom messages. Useage: /sctdisplay 'message' red(0-10) green(0-10) blue(0-10) Example: /sctdisplay 'Heal Me' 10 0 0 - This will display 'Heal Me' in bright red