A players' customized UI.
well here is a little package that i have put together to customize my UI to look the way i want it too. Its nothin out of the ordinary.
List of mods include:
ArcHUD2-simply the best Hud I have found
Atlas- easy way to find info on instances
AtlasLoot- Item finder from instances to rep rewards its all there
Auctioneer advanced- Fun auction house tool
BunchofBars- I use it simply for the Merlock sound on aggro. But it is nice to see who is targeting whom at a glance
CT-core, bar, bottombar, buff, map,- I have used other bar mods but I come back to this one every time
Deadly boss mods- a raiders must have
Eepanels- used to bring in the back round
FuBar- well if you’re still using titan panel then you lose
Healbot- simply a healers best friend
HealPoints- easy way to see about the small upgrades on gear for healers
Necrosis- warlocks best friend
Omen- watch your aggro or die
oRA2- I like some of the raid options it has
Quartz- has to be the best cast bar ever
Recount- THE #1 dmg meter out there…imo
SacredBuff- sphere buff mod for priests
SimpleMinimap- allows the moving of the map
Xperl- fun unit frames
I. Character Setup (the hard part)
1. Rename your C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWTF folder to something like WTF_OLD or whatever.
2. Create a new folder called WTF.
3. Copy the Account folder and Config.wtf from my package.
4. In your new C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWTFAccount folder, rename the 'account name' folder to your username which you use to log into WoW.
5. In your new C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWTFAccountUSERNAME folder, rename the 'realm Name' folder to exactly what your realm name is, spaces and all.
6. In your new C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWTFAccountUSERNAMErealm Name folder, rename the TOON type folder to the name of your character in game.
II. AddOn Setup 1. Rename your C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftInterfaceAddOns folder to something like AddOns_Old.
2. Copy the new InterfaceAddOns folder from my package
III. Run WoW Ace Updater
1. Go to Wowace.com and download the program.
2. You need .NET Framework in order to run the application. Microsoft.com
If you do regular Microsoft Window's updates, you should already have this installed.
IV. Exploring The UI This UI is designed and built for myself being a lock and priest. Now, melee and other types can take advantage of this UI, but they will have to configure it to best suit their play style.
A few things to note. Right clicking on the very top of the screen in a blank area will open Fubar. Now that you have fubar open, on the top left part of fubar there is a drop down menu that allows you to adjust the mods. Poke around, adjust things... SAVE A BACKUP OF Rom's UI v1 FOR WHEN YOU MESS IT UP! Trust me it can happen. :)