Here's another musical project! Because we haven't had one in ages. This time around we're composing a megawad's worth of original music for Revolution!, aka TVR!. If you are not familiar with the megawad, I highly recommend it. It features heavily creative map design from the brilliant Thomas van der Velden, whom you might be familiar with if you enjoyed Harmony (and you might be aware that I later composed an entirely new soundtrack for it). REVOLUTION! is an unofficial add-on for id Softwares DOOM2 It offers 32 NEW levels with lots of new textures, sprites and flats from 2001.
Here's another musical project! Because we haven't had one in ages. This time around we're composing a megawad's worth of original music for Revolution!, aka TVR!.
If you are not familiar with the megawad, I highly recommend it. It features heavily creative map design from the brilliant Thomas van der Velden, whom you might be familiar with if you enjoyed Harmony (and you might be aware that I later composed an entirely new soundtrack for it).
Download Revolution! MIDI Pack alpha 1
Tracks included in alpha:Spoiler: Title: "Tzimidzi Greets You" by CWolfRu and Jimmy
Intermission: "Imp's Tradition" by DoomLover234 and Jimmy
02. "Trash" by Alfonzo
04. "Westopolis" by Doomhuntress
05. "Last Resort" by Jimmy
06. "Wasted" [WIP] by Doomkid
08. "Hangar 7" by Jimmy
09. "Phalarope Shuffle" by yakfak
10. "Mint Petal" by Doomhuntress
11. "Smooth Infiltrator" [WIP] by Kassman
12. "Midnight Dinner" by CWolfRu and Jimmy
14. "Super Mecha HG" [WIP] by Hellish Godzilla
15. "Sappers & Moles" by yakfak
16. "The Revenant" by KevinHEZ
17. "Mining for Paranoia" [WIP] by Akse
20. "Black Colossus" [WIP] by Hellish Godzilla
23. "Ancient Enclosure" by Doomhuntress
24. "Beneath the Stars" by Eris Falling
26. "Reach Within" by Jimmy
28. "I Sacrifice" [WIP] by Hellish Godzilla
29. "Souls Trapped Between Rotten Bricks" by ClumsyDoomer
* 21 tracks total.
The MIDI List:
View all completed tracks
All MIDIs will be reuploaded to a more permanent space here for ease of access.
Get TVR! here!
Revolution! on /idgames
The mapset was played by the Doomworld Megawad Club. Head on over to this thread for color commentary on the levels it contains.
The DWmegawad Club plays: Revolution!
Refer to the Plutonia MIDI Pack project thread for how things went for that one!
Project thread / Get it from /idgames
Join us on #doommusicians on the OFTC network!
How this works:
Anyone who is musically-inclined and at all interested in working on this project may post in this thread, claiming whichever TVR! map(s) they'd like to compose something for. We need 35 unique tracks in total - this includes tracks for all 32 maps, plus 3 for the title/intermission/story text screens. You can claim however many track slots you'd like (within reason), but this won't necessarily exclude others from creating tracks for the same map - in the case of two tracks being made for the same slot, I'll be picking the best-fitting one and most likely reallocating the other (rather than discarding it). On completion of the track you create for that slot, that slot will be solidified, barring any changes made to the roster during the "beta testing" phase. You may abandon your slot or exchange slots if you please.
The final product will be a sort of "MIDI album" - a zipped archive of MIDIs, named and credited to their respective creators, complete with a TXT file and, most importantly, a WAD that can be loaded to replace the music. It will be uploaded to /idgames - and the text file will permit the reuse of the tracks in order that the pack may serve as a complete resource of music for the Doom community.
We may see an overflow of tracks, as this happened before with Plutonia MIDI Pack, but fear not, all tracks pushed to the overflow will still get included in the final upload even if they don't find their way into the WAD itself to be played in-game.
In keeping with what I did last time as well, abandoned/unfinished tracks may get included in the final upload .zip - but please make sure that, if you do decide to abandon a track, you make it clear to me what you want done with it. It's totally up to you whether to "withdraw" said track from this project, and whether you want to use it in a project of your own instead - at which point I'll be happy to clear your slot and discount the track from the final upload.
On with the show!
KEY: [ ] = empty, claimable slot [ ~ ] = slot claimed / track unfinished [ x ] = completed slot Overall progress: 24/35 [[ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx----------- ]] --- Episode 1: (9/11 done) x MAP01: Carnivorous Cargo -- "Freighthoppers" [Jimmy] x MAP02: Depression -- "Trash" [Alfonzo] ~ MAP03: Infestation -- "Bystreet" [Akse] x MAP04: Phobopolis -- "Westopolis" [Doomhuntress] x MAP05: R 'n' R -- "Last Resort" [Jimmy] x MAP06: Wasted! -- "Wasted" [Doomkid] x MAP07: The Valley of Death -- "Forgotten Valley" [Icytux] x MAP08: Rockit -- "Hangar 7" [Jimmy] x MAP09: Wrath of Man -- "Phalarope Shuffle" [yakfak] x MAP10: Lab of the Lost -- "Mint Petal" [Doomhuntress] ~ MAP11: The Transporter -- "Smooth Infiltrator" [Kassman] Episode 2: (6/9 done) x MAP12: Utopia -- "Midnight Dinner" [CWolfRu & Jimmy] x MAP13: Amok -- "Haze" [Eris Falling] ~ MAP14: Dead End -- "Super Mecha HG" [Hellish Godzilla] x MAP15: Battleground -- "Sappers & Moles" [yakfak] x MAP16: Utopia Factory -- "The Revenant" [KevinHEZ] x MAP17: The Miners -- "Mining For Paranoia" [Akse] x MAP18: XS -- "Acidic Lymph" [ClumsyDoomer] ~ MAP19: Xenocracy -- CLAIMED [stewboy] ~ MAP20: X Marx the Spot -- "Black Colossus" [Hellish Godzilla] Episode 3: (6/10 done) x MAP21: Hausterium -- "Unearth" [Alfonzo] ~ MAP22: Beyond the Oracle -- "Vessel of Misery" [ClumsyDoomer] x MAP23: Pyramid of Pain -- "Ancient Enclosure" [Doomhuntress] x MAP24: The Sect -- "Beneath the Stars" [Eris Falling] ~ MAP25: The Prefect -- "Keepsake Fever" [Alfonzo] x MAP26: Phragmobasidium -- "Reach Within" [Jimmy] ~ MAP27: Necrosis -- CLAIMED [AD_79] ~ MAP28: Exodus -- "I Sacrifice" [Hellish Godzilla] x MAP29: Hall of Maim -- "Souls Trapped Between Rotten Bricks" [ClumsyDoomer] x MAP30: The Forgotten God -- "The Forgotten God" [Eris Falling] Secret levels: (1/2 done) ~ MAP31: Raw -- CLAIMED [Alfonzo] x MAP32: Zombie Or Not To Be -- "King Roo" [Alfonzo] Other tracks: (2/3 done) x TITLE: -- "Tzimidzi Greets You" [CWolfRu & Jimmy] x INTER: -- "Imp's Tradition" [DoomLover234 & Jimmy] ~ VICTORY: -- CLAIMED [yakfak] Unassigned tracks: "Dead Time" [Doomhuntress] "Graveyard Shift" [Doomhuntress] "Stasis" [ClumsyDoomer] "The Demon's Serenade" [stewboy] "Visceral" [KevinHEZ] Abandoned (unfinished) tracks: ---
Notes for each map:
You may adhere to these, or disregard them to do something entirely new and different. Up to you!
- MAP01: Carnivorous Cargo - A short, confined moving train map with prisoners on board.
- MAP02: Depression - A train station that progresses to a movie theater. Rainy outdoors.
- MAP03: Infestation - A slime-covered set of streets.
- MAP04: Phobopolis - An urban setting. Lots of rooftop-leaping. Lots of blue.
- MAP05: R 'n' R - A seaside hotel/recreational facility.
- MAP06: Wasted! - A large maze of brown sewers.
- MAP07: The Valley of Death - A base built into a large crater with a giant descent into deadly slime.
- MAP08: Rockit - A launch base, pretty plain 'n' simple.
- MAP09: Wrath of Man - A cement base interspersed with garden-y architecture.
- MAP10: Lab of the Lost - A large experimental techbase where former human subjects are tortured.
- MAP11: The Transporter - Another scientific techbase.
- MAP12: Utopia - A Plutonia-ish brick town.
- MAP13: Amok - More rocks and grass. Features a graveyard.
- MAP14: Dead End - A massive pentagonal blood arena. Only 28 monsters but one of them's a cyberdemon.
- MAP15: Battleground - Industrial mining complex beseiged by military forces (features a tank).
- MAP16: Utopia Factory - Massive slime factory. Ends with the destruction of a reactor core.
- MAP17: The Miners - Muddy, maze-like mines. Features some kind of laser drill.
- MAP18: XS - Hellish underground lava chambers.
- MAP19: Xenocracy - More hellish bricks and metal. Large interconnecting blood canal featured.
- MAP20: X Marx the Spot - Large symmetrical brick fort. Ends with the destruction of a giant wall.
- MAP21: Hausterium - Journey to the center of the worm.
- MAP22: Beyond the Oracle - Opening shot is of giant pyramid, map mainly based around a skull collosseum.
- MAP23: Pyramid of Pain - Interior of the aforementioned structure, with some outlying rocky and lava-filled segments.
- MAP24: The Sect - Slightly claustrophobic Neurosphere-esque waterways.
- MAP25: The Prefect - A bricks-and-mortar castle, presumably for a tyrant. Features a throne room.
- MAP26: Phragmobasidium - Blood and rock platformer built around a blood stream.
- MAP27: Necrosis - A marble and zimmer fortress built into a nukage canal. Features sacrificial well at the beginning.
- MAP28: Exodus - Large and imposing brick and marble fort laced with lava. Ominous opening shot with large black crucifix.
- MAP29: Hall of Maim - More of the same; a hellish bastion in the midst of a dry rocky wasteland.
- MAP30: The Forgotten God - Features a puzzle-based battle with a fleshy elder god.
- MAP31: Raw - A small, confined puzzle map mainly featuring green bricks. Slightly Limbo-ish in design.
- MAP32: Zombie Or Not To Be - Lots of metal and bricks. Only zombies used as enemies. Beginning features a giant rising castle-like macrostructure.